- 1,800 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Mckinney Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 811post #12151 of 184523/19/13 at 5:35pmWhy not wait for an Orpheus to pop up? also, my fricken L1 cable won't send sound to the left Chanel anymore after a little over a month. It looks completely fine, yet the apple cord that to use to connect the phone to a computer looks like a cat got to it, and it works fine. I am very dissapoint FiiO.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12152 of 184523/19/13 at 5:46pm
Quote:Originally Posted by d34dh0r53
@MorbidToaster @AHorseNamedJeff @TheCopWhoMightHavePulledMeOver my excuse was that they're open and I can hear ambient noise through them , it's not like I was wearing IEMs with -30db isolation ;) I was also taught that it's a bad idea to wear headphones and I don't do it while driving in the city, but if you've ever been on I-10 E 100 miles east of El Paso at 2:30 AM there is not a whole lot going on. :)
One thing I have noticed more and more lately is that a lot of people are starting to wear headphones in their cars while driving. California has hands free laws and if my dad is any kind of a representative sample the only decent SQ he can get from a hands free device is with a wired headset with an inline mic. I was surprised how many I noticed while my wife was driving the day shift through Texas (which does not have any hands free laws that I'm aware of). And I do agree that it's a pretty bad idea to wear them while city driving when more concentration is needed.
Yep, Texas as a state does not have any comprehensive hands free laws. The only problems you're likely to run into would be driving through suburbs just outside of big cities - be especially careful if you find yourself in a school zone.post #12153 of 184523/19/13 at 7:40pmpost #12154 of 184523/19/13 at 9:33pmpost #12155 of 184523/19/13 at 10:58pmpost #12156 of 184523/19/13 at 11:06pmpost #12157 of 184523/20/13 at 4:29ampost #12158 of 184523/20/13 at 4:41ampost #12159 of 184523/20/13 at 4:46ampost #12160 of 184523/20/13 at 4:50am
Well today I got my QPAD mk-50 mechanical keyboard and my setup is pretty much complete.
I promised myself I would take a picture if I received it but it's snowing, so I'm waiting for some better light.post #12161 of 184523/20/13 at 7:38am
Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne's. and those pictures don't do them any justice at all, they are gorgeous in person. Very very very solidly built speakers, each one weighs close to 40 pounds and the stands weigh another 50 pounds each.
Haha yeah they sound pretty good.Quote:post #12162 of 184523/20/13 at 7:54amQuote:
Nice KB!! I have a Filco Ninja with the Cherry MX switches but I've really fallen in love with my Realforce with the Topre switches. If you're into mechanical keyboards the Topre switches are a must try. Do we need a keyboard appreciation thread? :)post #12163 of 184523/20/13 at 8:09ampost #12164 of 184523/20/13 at 9:17amQuote:
Which switches does your Filco have? I'm considering getting the Ninja with Cherry MX blue. I do game but I type more than I game... hoping it will still be decent for gaming.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 12 seconds ago
- › Best set of cans under $150? 35 seconds ago
- › The never-advertised, always coveted headphones built and sold in... 50 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 52 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Potential problem with Macbook audio output 3 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)