- 1,813 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Mckinney Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 811post #12151 of 186693/19/13 at 5:35pmWhy not wait for an Orpheus to pop up? also, my fricken L1 cable won't send sound to the left Chanel anymore after a little over a month. It looks completely fine, yet the apple cord that to use to connect the phone to a computer looks like a cat got to it, and it works fine. I am very dissapoint FiiO.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12152 of 186693/19/13 at 5:46pm
Quote:Originally Posted by d34dh0r53
@MorbidToaster @AHorseNamedJeff @TheCopWhoMightHavePulledMeOver my excuse was that they're open and I can hear ambient noise through them , it's not like I was wearing IEMs with -30db isolation ;) I was also taught that it's a bad idea to wear headphones and I don't do it while driving in the city, but if you've ever been on I-10 E 100 miles east of El Paso at 2:30 AM there is not a whole lot going on. :)
One thing I have noticed more and more lately is that a lot of people are starting to wear headphones in their cars while driving. California has hands free laws and if my dad is any kind of a representative sample the only decent SQ he can get from a hands free device is with a wired headset with an inline mic. I was surprised how many I noticed while my wife was driving the day shift through Texas (which does not have any hands free laws that I'm aware of). And I do agree that it's a pretty bad idea to wear them while city driving when more concentration is needed.
Yep, Texas as a state does not have any comprehensive hands free laws. The only problems you're likely to run into would be driving through suburbs just outside of big cities - be especially careful if you find yourself in a school zone.post #12153 of 186693/19/13 at 7:40pmpost #12154 of 186693/19/13 at 9:33pmpost #12155 of 186693/19/13 at 10:58pmpost #12156 of 186693/19/13 at 11:06pmpost #12157 of 186693/20/13 at 4:29ampost #12158 of 186693/20/13 at 4:41ampost #12159 of 186693/20/13 at 4:46ampost #12160 of 186693/20/13 at 4:50am
Well today I got my QPAD mk-50 mechanical keyboard and my setup is pretty much complete.
I promised myself I would take a picture if I received it but it's snowing, so I'm waiting for some better light.post #12161 of 186693/20/13 at 7:38am
Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne's. and those pictures don't do them any justice at all, they are gorgeous in person. Very very very solidly built speakers, each one weighs close to 40 pounds and the stands weigh another 50 pounds each.
Haha yeah they sound pretty good.Quote:post #12162 of 186693/20/13 at 7:54amQuote:
Nice KB!! I have a Filco Ninja with the Cherry MX switches but I've really fallen in love with my Realforce with the Topre switches. If you're into mechanical keyboards the Topre switches are a must try. Do we need a keyboard appreciation thread? :)post #12163 of 186693/20/13 at 8:09ampost #12164 of 186693/20/13 at 9:17amQuote:
Which switches does your Filco have? I'm considering getting the Ninja with Cherry MX blue. I do game but I type more than I game... hoping it will still be decent for gaming.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Headphone for fitting my prototype earpad using silk as both inner... 1 minute ago
- › Interest Check / Trading Down: SE846 + Silver Litz Cable 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Do hard drives sound different? 5 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-C560R Photo's, First Impressions and Review - Could these... 8 minutes ago
- › Recommendations - Over ears with isolation or noise cancelation as... 10 minutes ago
- › FS: Headamp Pico DAC (Black) 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)