It's a work in progress, but aren't they all
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 809
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12122 of 211903/18/13 at 8:43pmpost #12123 of 211903/18/13 at 8:53pm
My MCA DT880's are shipping out tomorrow from him.
Also, just ordered Heir Audio 4.Ai"+", can't wait to get them. Buck Eye Burl wood.
This hobby is going to cost costing me..
Edited by wolfetan44 - 3/18/13 at 8:54pmpost #12124 of 211903/18/13 at 9:06pmQuote:
Will you be my dad?post #12125 of 211903/18/13 at 9:58pmpost #12126 of 211903/18/13 at 10:01pmpost #12127 of 211903/18/13 at 10:02pm
But are they fully closed now?post #12128 of 211903/18/13 at 10:05pmQuote:Yes, Martin is listening to them tonight to see what he thinks.. This is a quote from him when I asked him the same question," I'm going to try them as closed first. The hole in the stock cups is much smaller than you think, so I should be able to just add bass holes if needed."
Cheerspost #12129 of 211903/18/13 at 10:19pmpost #12130 of 211903/18/13 at 11:19pmQuote:
This is also a great clean power alternative. At $32 it made a huge difference in sound quality, mainly the bass.post #12131 of 211903/19/13 at 12:16amI forgot to take a pic but I must have looked quite the sight with my HE-500s on while driving the 40 hours to and from San Antonio and the OC last week. I have a 350 watt inverter that powered my MiniMax amp briantly which was stashed under the drivers seat, I was afraid that the tubes might be a little noisy with the road movement but as far as I could tell they were quiet. I did get a couple of double takes as I passed people with these huge cans on my head, but boy was I happypost #12132 of 211903/19/13 at 2:47amQuote:Originally Posted by EraserXIV
I sanded it down to get to the bare wood as it had been stained before. Then I used 1 layer of ebony wood stain (1 so it wouldn't turn out too dark that you can't see the grain). Then finished it off with 3 layers of satin polyurethane, sanding it down with 400 grit sandpaper between each layer. It was a bit difficult to put the poly on so that it layered completely flat without texturing in certain areas.
Thanks, I will try that with a project I have in mind, how do you think that will turn out with a somewhat more darker wood? That might get it even more beautifull won't it?post #12133 of 211903/19/13 at 4:01ampost #12134 of 211903/19/13 at 4:30am
Trust me, I have that power supply a long good look. But, it came down to not trusting my ability to cut the power cord and get the right wires into the right places. Plus, I love matching gear, so the V-PSU ii it was! Thanks for the link, though.Quote:Originally Posted by teknikk7
This is also a great clean power alternative. At $32 it made a huge difference in sound quality, mainly the bass.post #12135 of 211903/19/13 at 7:44am
Not unless there was a new law passed in the last 10 months.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 second ago
- › D100 PRO-Professional PCM/DSD streaming music transport system of... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Strong Midrange Headphone Suggestions 8 minutes ago
- › Help in planning my desktop setup 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 12 minutes ago
- › WASAPI / ASIO4ALL / KS in general causes lag 13 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 13 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 14 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 24 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...