It's a work in progress, but aren't they all
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 809
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12122 of 210523/18/13 at 8:43pmpost #12123 of 210523/18/13 at 8:53pm
My MCA DT880's are shipping out tomorrow from him.
Also, just ordered Heir Audio 4.Ai"+", can't wait to get them. Buck Eye Burl wood.
This hobby is going to cost costing me..
Edited by wolfetan44 - 3/18/13 at 8:54pmpost #12124 of 210523/18/13 at 9:06pmQuote:
Will you be my dad?post #12125 of 210523/18/13 at 9:58pmpost #12126 of 210523/18/13 at 10:01pmpost #12127 of 210523/18/13 at 10:02pm
But are they fully closed now?post #12128 of 210523/18/13 at 10:05pmQuote:Yes, Martin is listening to them tonight to see what he thinks.. This is a quote from him when I asked him the same question," I'm going to try them as closed first. The hole in the stock cups is much smaller than you think, so I should be able to just add bass holes if needed."
Cheerspost #12129 of 210523/18/13 at 10:19pmpost #12130 of 210523/18/13 at 11:19pmQuote:
This is also a great clean power alternative. At $32 it made a huge difference in sound quality, mainly the bass.post #12131 of 210523/19/13 at 12:16amI forgot to take a pic but I must have looked quite the sight with my HE-500s on while driving the 40 hours to and from San Antonio and the OC last week. I have a 350 watt inverter that powered my MiniMax amp briantly which was stashed under the drivers seat, I was afraid that the tubes might be a little noisy with the road movement but as far as I could tell they were quiet. I did get a couple of double takes as I passed people with these huge cans on my head, but boy was I happypost #12132 of 210523/19/13 at 2:47amQuote:Originally Posted by EraserXIV
I sanded it down to get to the bare wood as it had been stained before. Then I used 1 layer of ebony wood stain (1 so it wouldn't turn out too dark that you can't see the grain). Then finished it off with 3 layers of satin polyurethane, sanding it down with 400 grit sandpaper between each layer. It was a bit difficult to put the poly on so that it layered completely flat without texturing in certain areas.
Thanks, I will try that with a project I have in mind, how do you think that will turn out with a somewhat more darker wood? That might get it even more beautifull won't it?post #12133 of 210523/19/13 at 4:01ampost #12134 of 210523/19/13 at 4:30am
Trust me, I have that power supply a long good look. But, it came down to not trusting my ability to cut the power cord and get the right wires into the right places. Plus, I love matching gear, so the V-PSU ii it was! Thanks for the link, though.Quote:Originally Posted by teknikk7
This is also a great clean power alternative. At $32 it made a huge difference in sound quality, mainly the bass.post #12135 of 210523/19/13 at 7:44am
Not unless there was a new law passed in the last 10 months.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 6 minutes ago
- › Corny Jokes - the more the merrier 7 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › What sounds better? live band audio setup or your in home audio... 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 9 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse