or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 808

post #12106 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I've been doing that recently since we're looking at new apartments. Grace is pissed that I keep shooting down potential apartments due to acoustics, but I'm not having this rig sound bad, damn it. :D

 

Plan on getting some panels for the new place, too. Doing it proper.

 

 

Panels aren't too hard to make yourself.  I'll try to find the "recipe" I've used in the past and send it your way.  MUCH cheaper that way.

post #12107 of 20178

MT, I found a nice fixer upper. The brochure says good acoustics....

 

 

 

Hope the Leben can fill it out....biggrin.gif

post #12108 of 20178

I've found a few ways online but they generally make pretty thick panels.

 

Any recommendations would be great.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerdave View Post

 

Panels aren't too hard to make yourself.  I'll try to find the "recipe" I've used in the past and send it your way.  MUCH cheaper that way.

post #12109 of 20178

Speakers are more enjoyable for sure, but what would be the best soundstage/speaker like headphone? Would that be the akg k702 anniversary? 

post #12110 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCheese View Post

Speakers are more enjoyable for sure, but what would be the best soundstage/speaker like headphone? Would that be the akg k702 anniversary? 

Best I have ever heard that I would call "Speaker Like" are the Sennheiser HD800's.

post #12111 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWuss View Post

Casa de Wusster.  Circa...  St. Patrick's Day, 2013.   wink.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woohoo, Colour of Spring, outstanding. Hollis and Friese-Greene knew how to produce an album. Wish Hollis would let loose another solo, he was taking minimalism to its extreme.

post #12112 of 20178

I've heard the level 4 only and there is nothing remotely even close to it even a few other DAC's in the 5 digit range. Since I've pretty much hit my nirvana my next focus is getting the BHSE here and the Lampizators.

I don't know where else to ask this, but, is it possible to use a FiiO E7 as a DAC for my iPhone? Like a line-out to miniUSB? Or am I stuck using the iPhones DAC until I get something better?

 

These two posts juxtaposed on top of each other makes me giggle a little bit.

post #12113 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

I've heard the level 4 only and there is nothing remotely even close to it even a few other DAC's in the 5 digit range. Since I've pretty much hit my nirvana my next focus is getting the BHSE here and the Lampizators.

I don't know where else to ask this, but, is it possible to use a FiiO E7 as a DAC for my iPhone? Like a line-out to miniUSB? Or am I stuck using the iPhones DAC until I get something better?

 

These two posts juxtaposed on top of each other makes me giggle a little bit.

The word "Spectrum" comes to mind...biggrin.gif

post #12114 of 20178

Desk-Fi

 

 

 

 

Bed-Fi

 

post #12115 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCheese View Post

That looks nice! Personally I really don't like the colour of the bottlehead but that is nice. What did you do?

 

I sanded it down to get to the bare wood as it had been stained before. Then I used 1 layer of ebony wood stain (1 so it wouldn't turn out too dark that you can't see the grain). Then finished it off with 3 layers of satin polyurethane, sanding it down with 400 grit sandpaper between each layer. It was a bit difficult to put the poly on so that it layered completely flat without texturing in certain areas.

post #12116 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetx View Post

Desk-Fi

Bed-Fi

 

 

Deck-Fi

 

post #12117 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by tme110 View Post

What stand is that?

Solidsteel 3.5 with custom maple shelves. 

post #12118 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWuss View Post

Solidsteel 3.5 with custom maple shelves. 

It's classy!

post #12119 of 20178

My current rig

Pro-ject 9.2

 

 

 

 

Sumiko Blackbird

 

 

 

Schiit Lyr and Gungnir

 

far.png

 

Played through HD650's

A lot of vinyl on the way. Is shipping ever fast enough?

 

Next up LCD2's and most likely a Woo amp


Edited by awsanderson - 3/18/13 at 7:46pm
post #12120 of 20178

aswanderson That sounds... incredible 0_0 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...