Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 784

post #11746 of 17883

Just a few months into this new hobby, but I've definitely been enjoying myself. Audioengine A5+ speakers, Grado 325is and Beyerdynamic DT 880s headphones, Schiit Valhalla amp, and Audioengine D1 DAC/pre-amp.  The last thing I really want is the Bifrost, but I'm also eyeing the HD 650s to possibly replace the DT 880s as a nice contrast to the 325is.

 

 

 

 

post #11747 of 17883

Or I could just keep throwing money at him...

 

RCM, New Cart, New Mat, Cables, Phono Stage...lol

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Although, your dealer is just doing his/her job in taking great care of you, might wanna give them a Brazos Bottom Pecan Pie from The Goode Co. (Houston) to say "Thanks!" wink.gif

 

bbq1250_pic5.jpg

post #11748 of 17883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Although, your dealer is just doing his/her job in taking great care of you, might wanna give them a Brazos Bottom Pecan Pie from The Goode Co. (Houston) to say "Thanks!" wink.gif

 

bbq1250_pic5.jpg

 

One of Houston's best, my grandmother makes a better one though. smile.gif

post #11749 of 17883

Same here but, my family will have to have my back with vendors. Though, I do buy a handful of Goode's each year and send 'em out as commercial gifts - keeping one for myself.

post #11750 of 17883
Quote:
Originally Posted by traehekat View Post

Just a few months into this new hobby, but I've definitely been enjoying myself. Audioengine A5+ speakers, Grado 325is and Beyerdynamic DT 880s headphones, Schiit Valhalla amp, and Audioengine D1 DAC/pre-amp.  The last thing I really want is the Bifrost, but I'm also eyeing the HD 650s to possibly replace the DT 880s as a nice contrast to the 325is.

not a bad start! biggrin.gif

post #11751 of 17883

 

Just received my speakers as well tongue_smile.gif though not as bad ass as SHL-5.

These are my first "serious" speakers.

Next step is to throw up a painting of either 2pac or bruce lee in the back lol.

post #11752 of 17883

798616

post #11753 of 17883
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzix View Post

Next step is to throw up a painting of either 2pac or bruce lee in the back lol.

Seriously one bad-a-s-s quote you got in your sig from BL. BL and 2pac fan here. beerchug.gif

post #11754 of 17883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

798616

 

 

 

The DAC-1 has been usurped!

post #11755 of 17883
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

798616

 

 

 

The DAC-1 has been usurped!

 

Yeah, the influence of fellow members had me yank this bad boy outta the closet! Guess I'll leave it out till 31 March.

deadhorse.gif

post #11756 of 17883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

798616

 

 

 

The DAC-1 has been usurped!

 

Yeah, the influence of fellow members had me yank this bad boy outta the closet! Guess I'll leave it out till 31 March.

deadhorse.gif

biggrin.gif...Influence?  Oh, btw, nice record stand....evil_smiley.gif

post #11757 of 17883

Silent One I'm sure you've said this before, but what insane multi-rectifier amp is that? (darkvoice?)

post #11758 of 17883

Thanks. That LP jams! Leaves me upbeat and spirited. wink.gif My listening session just went final! Time to go to bed out in Cali...back up @ lunch. Have yourself a most brilliant morning.


Edited by Silent One - 3/6/13 at 5:48am
post #11759 of 17883
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post

Silent One I'm sure you've said this before, but what insane multi-rectifier amp is that? (darkvoice?)

 

Custom built 6AS7 amp by MOT 2359glenn. Though, I'm using Tung-Sol 5998 power tubes instead. Tung-Sol Black Glass Round plate drive tube. And United Electronics USAF-596 rectifier.

post #11760 of 17883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post

Silent One I'm sure you've said this before, but what insane multi-rectifier amp is that? (darkvoice?)

 

Custom built 6AS7 amp by MOT 2359glenn. Though, I'm using Tung-Sol 5998 power tubes instead. Tung-Sol Black Glass Round plate drive tube. And United Electronics USAF-596 rectifier.

I knew it was some custom built by some fancy guytongue.gif How do I get in contact with 2359glenn?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...