Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
First of all, I would like to thank Shozy for the review sample of Shozy Zero! Website: http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ I believe what makes Shozy Zero unique is the wooden...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 781post #11701 of 213003/3/13 at 8:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11702 of 213003/3/13 at 8:56pm
Got the idea from the guys over at Steve Hoffman. Was glad I had one around. Makes for fun photos. :)post #11703 of 213003/3/13 at 9:21pmpost #11704 of 213003/3/13 at 10:19pm
My humble rig
DT-880's 250 ohm.
Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk-3, Audio-GD NFB 11.32... Plus a bunch of dust.
I could listen to the 880's through the MP-301 all day. I use the Audio-GD mostly for DAC purposes.
PSB Image 2B's. Not the most ideal placement, but I have no room for stands.post #11705 of 213003/4/13 at 2:39ampost #11706 of 213003/4/13 at 3:33ampost #11707 of 213003/4/13 at 3:48amQuote:
I haven't ever experienced that. My Bryston is a few degrees warmer than the room, but nothing more than that.post #11708 of 213003/4/13 at 9:10ampost #11709 of 213003/4/13 at 9:21ampost #11710 of 213003/4/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
What type of amp am I looking at? Thanks.post #11711 of 213003/4/13 at 1:06pm
From the (unique) heatsink and the tube location, I'm pretty sure that is the Millet SS (Starving Student) amp.post #11712 of 213003/4/13 at 1:45pmpost #11713 of 213003/4/13 at 1:59pmQuote:
Yeah, it's a Starving Student I built a couple of years ago. I went top end everything on it, Kiwame resistors, Vishay, Wima and Sprague caps and RCA 19J6 tubes, silver hookup wire, etc. To me it sounds fantastic but I've never had the opportunity to really listen to any really good headphone amps so it may be a case of blissfull ignorancepost #11714 of 213003/4/13 at 2:09pm
Appreciate both replies...the amp looks intriguing. Haven't seen it before. I have Sprague caps and they sound great! Admittedly, the Tube Depot sign threw me a bit.post #11715 of 213003/4/13 at 2:18pmHa, that sticker floated around my desk for a year and a half before I decided to put it there. I get almost all of my tubes from them including those ones and I've never liked that enclosure so I thought I'd jazz it up a little. If you're ever in San Antonio stop by Rackspace and I'll let you listen to it I'd love to get some outside impressions as I'm fairly new to the hobby and probably don't have the most discerning ears.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › post your grado mods.... 59 seconds ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Silver Dragon Cable + Fostex TH900 Headphones V3 Bundle by... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Opus OPUS #11 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 6 minutes ago
- › Koss SP330 thread 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...