Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 781post #11701 of 200503/3/13 at 8:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11702 of 200503/3/13 at 8:56pm
Got the idea from the guys over at Steve Hoffman. Was glad I had one around. Makes for fun photos. :)post #11703 of 200503/3/13 at 9:21pmpost #11704 of 200503/3/13 at 10:19pm
My humble rig
DT-880's 250 ohm.
Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk-3, Audio-GD NFB 11.32... Plus a bunch of dust.
I could listen to the 880's through the MP-301 all day. I use the Audio-GD mostly for DAC purposes.
PSB Image 2B's. Not the most ideal placement, but I have no room for stands.post #11705 of 200503/4/13 at 2:39ampost #11706 of 200503/4/13 at 3:33ampost #11707 of 200503/4/13 at 3:48amQuote:
I haven't ever experienced that. My Bryston is a few degrees warmer than the room, but nothing more than that.post #11708 of 200503/4/13 at 9:10ampost #11709 of 200503/4/13 at 9:21ampost #11710 of 200503/4/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
What type of amp am I looking at? Thanks.post #11711 of 200503/4/13 at 1:06pm
From the (unique) heatsink and the tube location, I'm pretty sure that is the Millet SS (Starving Student) amp.post #11712 of 200503/4/13 at 1:45pmpost #11713 of 200503/4/13 at 1:59pmQuote:
Yeah, it's a Starving Student I built a couple of years ago. I went top end everything on it, Kiwame resistors, Vishay, Wima and Sprague caps and RCA 19J6 tubes, silver hookup wire, etc. To me it sounds fantastic but I've never had the opportunity to really listen to any really good headphone amps so it may be a case of blissfull ignorancepost #11714 of 200503/4/13 at 2:09pm
Appreciate both replies...the amp looks intriguing. Haven't seen it before. I have Sprague caps and they sound great! Admittedly, the Tube Depot sign threw me a bit.post #11715 of 200503/4/13 at 2:18pmHa, that sticker floated around my desk for a year and a half before I decided to put it there. I get almost all of my tubes from them including those ones and I've never liked that enclosure so I thought I'd jazz it up a little. If you're ever in San Antonio stop by Rackspace and I'll let you listen to it I'd love to get some outside impressions as I'm fairly new to the hobby and probably don't have the most discerning ears.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 10 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 19 seconds ago
- › The use of DAC&lifier 43 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2