Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 781post #11701 of 211883/3/13 at 8:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11702 of 211883/3/13 at 8:56pm
Got the idea from the guys over at Steve Hoffman. Was glad I had one around. Makes for fun photos. :)post #11703 of 211883/3/13 at 9:21pmpost #11704 of 211883/3/13 at 10:19pm
My humble rig
DT-880's 250 ohm.
Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk-3, Audio-GD NFB 11.32... Plus a bunch of dust.
I could listen to the 880's through the MP-301 all day. I use the Audio-GD mostly for DAC purposes.
PSB Image 2B's. Not the most ideal placement, but I have no room for stands.post #11705 of 211883/4/13 at 2:39ampost #11706 of 211883/4/13 at 3:33ampost #11707 of 211883/4/13 at 3:48amQuote:
I haven't ever experienced that. My Bryston is a few degrees warmer than the room, but nothing more than that.post #11708 of 211883/4/13 at 9:10ampost #11709 of 211883/4/13 at 9:21ampost #11710 of 211883/4/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
What type of amp am I looking at? Thanks.post #11711 of 211883/4/13 at 1:06pm
From the (unique) heatsink and the tube location, I'm pretty sure that is the Millet SS (Starving Student) amp.post #11712 of 211883/4/13 at 1:45pmpost #11713 of 211883/4/13 at 1:59pmQuote:
Yeah, it's a Starving Student I built a couple of years ago. I went top end everything on it, Kiwame resistors, Vishay, Wima and Sprague caps and RCA 19J6 tubes, silver hookup wire, etc. To me it sounds fantastic but I've never had the opportunity to really listen to any really good headphone amps so it may be a case of blissfull ignorancepost #11714 of 211883/4/13 at 2:09pm
Appreciate both replies...the amp looks intriguing. Haven't seen it before. I have Sprague caps and they sound great! Admittedly, the Tube Depot sign threw me a bit.post #11715 of 211883/4/13 at 2:18pmHa, that sticker floated around my desk for a year and a half before I decided to put it there. I get almost all of my tubes from them including those ones and I've never liked that enclosure so I thought I'd jazz it up a little. If you're ever in San Antonio stop by Rackspace and I'll let you listen to it I'd love to get some outside impressions as I'm fairly new to the hobby and probably don't have the most discerning ears.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 40 seconds ago
- › Is the Schiit Ragnarok an overkill? 56 seconds ago
- › E-MU Wooden Series Headphones 1 minute ago
- › hifiman HE-560 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › It's been a while! Looking to trade Soundmagic HP100 for M50s or... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...