Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 781post #11701 of 211243/3/13 at 8:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11702 of 211243/3/13 at 8:56pm
Got the idea from the guys over at Steve Hoffman. Was glad I had one around. Makes for fun photos. :)post #11703 of 211243/3/13 at 9:21pmpost #11704 of 211243/3/13 at 10:19pm
My humble rig
DT-880's 250 ohm.
Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk-3, Audio-GD NFB 11.32... Plus a bunch of dust.
I could listen to the 880's through the MP-301 all day. I use the Audio-GD mostly for DAC purposes.
PSB Image 2B's. Not the most ideal placement, but I have no room for stands.post #11705 of 211243/4/13 at 2:39ampost #11706 of 211243/4/13 at 3:33ampost #11707 of 211243/4/13 at 3:48amQuote:
I haven't ever experienced that. My Bryston is a few degrees warmer than the room, but nothing more than that.post #11708 of 211243/4/13 at 9:10ampost #11709 of 211243/4/13 at 9:21ampost #11710 of 211243/4/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
What type of amp am I looking at? Thanks.post #11711 of 211243/4/13 at 1:06pm
From the (unique) heatsink and the tube location, I'm pretty sure that is the Millet SS (Starving Student) amp.post #11712 of 211243/4/13 at 1:45pmpost #11713 of 211243/4/13 at 1:59pmQuote:
Yeah, it's a Starving Student I built a couple of years ago. I went top end everything on it, Kiwame resistors, Vishay, Wima and Sprague caps and RCA 19J6 tubes, silver hookup wire, etc. To me it sounds fantastic but I've never had the opportunity to really listen to any really good headphone amps so it may be a case of blissfull ignorancepost #11714 of 211243/4/13 at 2:09pm
Appreciate both replies...the amp looks intriguing. Haven't seen it before. I have Sprague caps and they sound great! Admittedly, the Tube Depot sign threw me a bit.post #11715 of 211243/4/13 at 2:18pmHa, that sticker floated around my desk for a year and a half before I decided to put it there. I get almost all of my tubes from them including those ones and I've never liked that enclosure so I thought I'd jazz it up a little. If you're ever in San Antonio stop by Rackspace and I'll let you listen to it I'd love to get some outside impressions as I'm fairly new to the hobby and probably don't have the most discerning ears.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Audeze LCD-4 53 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 1 minute ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"! 4 minutes ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio presents The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016 4 minutes ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...