Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 781post #11701 of 216963/3/13 at 8:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11702 of 216963/3/13 at 8:56pm
Got the idea from the guys over at Steve Hoffman. Was glad I had one around. Makes for fun photos. :)post #11703 of 216963/3/13 at 9:21pmpost #11704 of 216963/3/13 at 10:19pm
My humble rig
DT-880's 250 ohm.
Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk-3, Audio-GD NFB 11.32... Plus a bunch of dust.
I could listen to the 880's through the MP-301 all day. I use the Audio-GD mostly for DAC purposes.
PSB Image 2B's. Not the most ideal placement, but I have no room for stands.post #11705 of 216963/4/13 at 2:39ampost #11706 of 216963/4/13 at 3:33ampost #11707 of 216963/4/13 at 3:48amQuote:
I haven't ever experienced that. My Bryston is a few degrees warmer than the room, but nothing more than that.post #11708 of 216963/4/13 at 9:10ampost #11709 of 216963/4/13 at 9:21ampost #11710 of 216963/4/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
What type of amp am I looking at? Thanks.post #11711 of 216963/4/13 at 1:06pm
From the (unique) heatsink and the tube location, I'm pretty sure that is the Millet SS (Starving Student) amp.post #11712 of 216963/4/13 at 1:45pmpost #11713 of 216963/4/13 at 1:59pmQuote:
Yeah, it's a Starving Student I built a couple of years ago. I went top end everything on it, Kiwame resistors, Vishay, Wima and Sprague caps and RCA 19J6 tubes, silver hookup wire, etc. To me it sounds fantastic but I've never had the opportunity to really listen to any really good headphone amps so it may be a case of blissfull ignorancepost #11714 of 216963/4/13 at 2:09pm
Appreciate both replies...the amp looks intriguing. Haven't seen it before. I have Sprague caps and they sound great! Admittedly, the Tube Depot sign threw me a bit.post #11715 of 216963/4/13 at 2:18pmHa, that sticker floated around my desk for a year and a half before I decided to put it there. I get almost all of my tubes from them including those ones and I've never liked that enclosure so I thought I'd jazz it up a little. If you're ever in San Antonio stop by Rackspace and I'll let you listen to it I'd love to get some outside impressions as I'm fairly new to the hobby and probably don't have the most discerning ears.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 18 seconds ago
- › PX100-II Review | Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 1 minute ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Q-Jays are back. 3 minutes ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 4 minutes ago
- › 【bring Back Lost Love】=91-9958802839 loVe pRobLEm sOluTion bABa ji... 5 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 6 minutes ago
- › Amarra - anyone using it? 7 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear