Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 778

post #11656 of 18452

Here's my current situation, I'm going to put on some shelves for headphones and books so it'll all change soon. I wil have to figure something out for the cable mess too. Maybe a powered usb hub or something :)

 

 

 


 

Lol, the lens was very dirty. :)

post #11657 of 18452

Just moved in.

 

 

post #11658 of 18452
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCheese View Post

Here's my current situation, I'm going to put on some shelves for headphones and books so it'll all change soon. I wil have to figure something out for the cable mess too. Maybe a powered usb hub or something :)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Lol, the lens was very dirty. :)

 

What speakers are those?

post #11659 of 18452

Allright, everything is finished and my room is restyled. What do you guys think? :D

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edit: Those are JVC speakers from a home-cinema set. Nothing special or something, they are OK.
SP-THS66S


Edited by HolyCheese - 3/2/13 at 5:49am
post #11660 of 18452
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCheese View Post

Allright, everything is finished and my room is restyled. What do you guys think? :D

 

 

 

 

Very nice and tidy. Your mum will be proud :)

post #11661 of 18452

beautifully done, HolyCheese.   bigsmile_face.gif

post #11662 of 18452

Awesome setup HolyCheese!

post #11663 of 18452

Just added the HE500 to my collection.  Still breaking in but am really enjoying them.  I think I pretty much have my trifecta of headphones.

 

 

Just got the HE500 - Think I now hove a great trifecta of headphones.


Edited by MickeyVee - 3/2/13 at 12:28pm
post #11664 of 18452

Thanx alot guys! I'm actually proud of myself. And yea my mom probably will be too. It was a real mess.

post #11665 of 18452
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee View Post

 

Added the HiFiMAN HE500 - Pretty much have my 'Trifecta' of Headphones.

You've got a bright pair, a bass-heavy pair, and a pair with some good musicality in the mids. I'd say you're set smily_headphones1.gif Out of curiosity, have you used the M-100 with the Lyr? biggrin.gif

post #11666 of 18452

I'm thinking of getting a Woo Audio double stand to clear up the space in front of my stack. Without realizing, I've managed to capture every element of my setup, from my DIY power cables' plugs in the corner to my Media Player (Jriver Media Center - highly recommended). The HE-6 has Lawton Audio Denon earpads on. The HD800's cable is DIY from DHC Nucleotide, and the HE-6 has a DIY Toxic Cables 7N silver/gold wire cable. I should be making the opposites (silver/gold for HD800, copper for HE-6) in the next few days. Spring break has just started, and I'm glad to be back home with my soldering equipment. smily_headphones1.gif Apologies for the awkward wall angle - my room's roof is the house's roof, and makes a 45 degree angle.

 

 


Edited by Benjamin6264 - 3/2/13 at 9:36am
post #11667 of 18452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin6264 View Post

I'm thinking of getting a Woo Audio double stand to clear up the space in front of my stack. Without realizing, I've managed to capture every element of my setup, from my DIY power cables' plugs in the corner to my Media Player (Jriver Media Center - highly recommended). The HE-6 has Lawton Audio Denon earpads on. The HD800's cable is DIY from DHC Nucleotide, and the HE-6 has a DIY Toxic Cables 7N silver/gold wire cable. I should be making the opposites (silver/gold for HD800, copper for HE-6) in the next few days. Spring break has just started, and I'm glad to be back home with my soldering equipment. smily_headphones1.gif Apologies for the awkward wall angle - my room's roof is the house's roof, and makes a 45 degree angle.

 

 

 

Where's that tube amp?

post #11668 of 18452

Actually, the HD700 and HE500 compliment each other; they're not opposites. Probably closer than you'd guess just reading about them.. HE500 is not a bassy headphone and I wouldn't call the HD700 bright.. a little more on top but still quite smooth with great soundstage.   Yes, tried the M100 on the Lyr.. pretty awesome but it's mostly regulated to my MacBook Air and iPad Mini. Fun headphone but doesn't compare to the other two.

I think I'm set for headphones.. now the Woo WA7 is calling my name..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post

You've got a bright pair, a bass-heavy pair, and a pair with some good musicality in the mids. I'd say you're set smily_headphones1.gif Out of curiosity, have you used the M-100 with the Lyr? biggrin.gif

post #11669 of 18452

I'll be very interested in copper vs silver/gold cable comparison with the He-6 wink.gif. Did you also use the silver solder that frank included in his silver wire sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin6264 View Post

I'm thinking of getting a Woo Audio double stand to clear up the space in front of my stack. Without realizing, I've managed to capture every element of my setup, from my DIY power cables' plugs in the corner to my Media Player (Jriver Media Center - highly recommended). The HE-6 has Lawton Audio Denon earpads on. The HD800's cable is DIY from DHC Nucleotide, and the HE-6 has a DIY Toxic Cables 7N silver/gold wire cable. I should be making the opposites (silver/gold for HD800, copper for HE-6) in the next few days. Spring break has just started, and I'm glad to be back home with my soldering equipment. smily_headphones1.gif Apologies for the awkward wall angle - my room's roof is the house's roof, and makes a 45 degree angle.

 

 

 

post #11670 of 18452

I used the provided solder for the HE-6 silver cable, and my own Cardas eutetic solder for the rest.

 

The amplifier is actually a Bryston BHA-1, with a Gungir on top and a V-Link 192 on top of all that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...