Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 777

post #11641 of 18744

Just go 17 if you get one. I'll let you know how I like the Nitty Gritty because as I said before, it seems almost too good to be true price wise. 

 

My dealer has a Loricraft and that thing is pretty amazing, but at the price of my turntable I'm not planning on getting one anytime soon.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskelly View Post

 

Yeah, a good cleaning is essential for older records, even new ones sometimes. I'm thinking about getting the VPI 16.5 or 17. My audiophile neighbor Fred has a fully automatic one, probably one of the best money can buy, from England, and I've cleaned several of my records on his and now I have to get one eventually.

post #11642 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Just go 17 if you get one. I'll let you know how I like the Nitty Gritty because as I said before, it seems almost too good to be true price wise. 

 

My dealer has a Loricraft and that thing is pretty amazing, but at the price of my turntable I'm not planning on getting one anytime soon.

 

 

Loricraft, that's it! I just looked that up, yeah, that's the one what Fred has, one of their models, probably the most expensive one. If I had to get one, that's the one I would get, but it's pretty expensive...I don't know, maybe a good investment?

post #11643 of 18744

Here's the thing with the Loricraft. It does just as good a job as any other vacuum cleaner but it's a bit of a double edged sword. 

 

It's horrendously slow, and still manual fluid application at a very high price. It takes a long time per side because the vacuum is in the wand, thus it has to go over the whole record (almost like playing it) to clean each side. It's not quite that slow, but it's not a 1 minute process from start to finish like a VPI or NitGrit. 

 

But...it's very quiet. Quiet enough to clean records while listening to other records. Most of the other on the market you should probably wear protective hearing for. They're kind of stupidly loud. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskelly View Post

 

Loricraft, that's it! I just looked that up, yeah, that's the one what Fred has, one of their models, probably the most expensive one. If I had to get one, that's the one I would get, but it's pretty expensive...I don't know, maybe a good investment?

post #11644 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Here's the thing with the Loricraft. It does just as good a job as any other vacuum cleaner but it's a bit of a double edged sword. 

 

It's horrendously slow, and still manual fluid application at a very high price. It takes a long time per side because the vacuum is in the wand, thus it has to go over the whole record (almost like playing it) to clean each side. It's not quite that slow, but it's not a 1 minute process from start to finish like a VPI or NitGrit. 

 

But...it's very quiet. Quiet enough to clean records while listening to other records. Most of the other on the market you should probably wear protective hearing for. They're kind of stupidly loud. 

 

 

I think I should go with the VPI 16.5 or 17; 17 probably, not right now because I'm not really listening to records that much currently, but I always do and I will be much more as I get older (it's more expensive than CD's). As you mentioned in another thread a while ago, getting into Vinyl is a like a disease, it's just better than what any DAC/digital file combo can ever achieve, and addictive. redface.gif

post #11645 of 18744

Yup. Once you accept that it's the most rewarding part of this hobby (at least I think so).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskelly View Post

 

I think I should go with the VPI 16.5 or 17; 17 probably, not right now because I'm not really listening to records that much currently, but I always do and I will be much more as I get older (it's more expensive than CD's). As you mentioned in another thread a while ago, getting into Vinyl is a like a disease, it's just better than what any DAC/digital file combo can ever achieve, and addictive. redface.gif

post #11646 of 18744
I'd recommend the KAB EV1 (again) over the spin clean. $200, and cleans as well as any other vacuum RCM. Fully manual though, so it'll take a while to clean a large collection.
post #11647 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eat your heart out, Head-fi.

 

Congrats MT! Impressions are naturally required!

post #11648 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I mean, I've got great taste in music, if I do say so myself. 

 

tongue.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

I approve of your record choices Morbid

 

beerchug.gif

 

Congrats MT! YES, you do gots great taste in music. Will likely recognize the remaining 90% of your titles one day. Eventually, you'll get around to featuring Norah's sister AND that's when I'll come 'round bangin' on yo' (_____edit____) door! biggrin.gif

 

anoushka-shankar-01 - Copy.jpg

post #11649 of 18744
I think I'd go bangin' on her door instead .... tongue_smile.gif
post #11650 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

I think I'd go bangin' on her door instead .... tongue_smile.gif

 

Count me in. Let's hope she doesn't bangin her sitar's on our head tongue.gif

post #11651 of 18744

'

Meier-Audio electronics and Beyerdynamic T1

post #11652 of 18744

Y'all are soooo bad. Happy

post #11653 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilsTentacles View Post

 

Meier-Audio electronics and Beyerdynamic T1

 

Looking armed for a fantastic evening!

post #11654 of 18744

Yas indeed my silent one... in fact it has been running hawt all night ;)

post #11655 of 18744
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaine1711 View Post

 

Just an Audio gd nfb12. Cant bring any of my heavier gear with me to UK.

 

On low gain, baroque and most well-recorded classical the volume knob is around 9-10 o'clock, metal (aka compressed stuff) is around 8 o'clock. High gain doesn't give much control with the knob. I'm a pretty low volume listener btw. 

 

IMHO you should go with a lower watt amp. I've had the He-500 and even the Nfb12 can drive it to ear splitting level @ 10 o'clock. Most of the well-regarded T-amp using TA2020 or 2024 (trends 10.2se, HLLY) should give you plenty of power and control with the knob. Most people seem to favor the TA2020 even though it's the older chip in the t-amp line-up.

 

Thanks, very much appreciated. I've tried my Rega Mira 3 which is rated at 61w/8ohm. The volume control works very well and is around 10-11 o'clock but mids are a bit too forward. I will have to look at some of the smaller Tripath models :-)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...