or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 772

post #11566 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

Im thinking of using this as my headphone stand biggrin.gif
. What do you think? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






I don't know. I think your headphone stand will be putting constant, subliminal pressure on you to move up to electro-stats.
post #11567 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post


I don't know. I think your headphone stand will be putting constant, subliminal pressure on you to move up to electro-stats.

 

That's something I wouldn't mind ;)

post #11568 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

 

I tripped out a bit when I saw the first picture.

 

You should see it in motion, especially in the dark.

post #11569 of 20178

I'm just wondering how do you guys plug in all your computers, amps, speakers, etc. Do you have enough wall sockets or do you use extensions?

 

I have quite a lot of electronics running through two extensions (5 socket extensions each) so you can imagine my worry regarding this. Good thing they have fuse protectors.

post #11570 of 20178

No extension cords for me. I just make sure whatever Power Conditioner I'm using has 10-12 receptacles. I make the decision to go Digital or Analog and unplug something if I must.

post #11571 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post

I'm just wondering how do you guys plug in all your computers, amps, speakers, etc. Do you have enough wall sockets or do you use extensions?

 

I have quite a lot of electronics running through two extensions (5 socket extensions each) so you can imagine my worry regarding this. Good thing they have fuse protectors.

This is something I avoid speaking of and even posting a picture of. For me at least my desktop/laptop + all my audio gear if I plugged it into my powerboards all at once, I would be using 3 x 8 port powerboards (24 ports in total). Yes indeed a lot. 14 amplifiers (desktop and portables with dc adapters) and the rest is my desktop/laptop + few peripherals and a single halogen lamp and 2 spare ports just in case few friends come over and need to charge stuff up in my room. I charge my phones and portable mobile gear in my bedroom.

post #11572 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by jono454 View Post

As a current owner of a EF-5.

 

I would highly recommend the OP627 x 2 mod.

 

Makes it that much better. I just picked up the Lyr and I feel that both are good amps but the EF-5 just does some things better.

This is what I ordered 

 

http://tamaudio.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_46&product_id=80

 

any trick to switching it out?

 

Bryan

post #11573 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze554 View Post

This is what I ordered 

 

http://tamaudio.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_46&product_id=80

 

any trick to switching it out?

 

Bryan

 

That's what i currently have as well. Smart thinking....had you got the other one you wouldn't have been able to properly close the top glass part.

 

Putting that one in is very easy...the hard part is taking out the OP275 that's currently in yours right now. I wasn't able to take it out without destroying it. Just be very careful not to break the pins..if you have some small clippers i would recommend trying that first. 

post #11574 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

No extension cords for me. I just make sure whatever Power Conditioner I'm using has 10-12 receptacles. I make the decision to go Digital or Analog and unplug something if I must.

+1... Everything is conditioned and battery backed up.

post #11575 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Chris_Himself, IIRC.

 

Is Chris the one who lives just blocks from Koss in Milwaukee? I remember talking about Koss HQ with somebody; I think it was him.

post #11576 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Chris_Himself, IIRC.

 

Is Chris the one who lives just blocks from Koss in Milwaukee? I remember talking about Koss HQ with somebody; I think it was him.

Nah, Chris lives in San Jose in the Bay. 

post #11577 of 20178

Made some progress in cleaning up my desk.

 

 

 

post #11578 of 20178

Awesome setup, nmxdaven! What little statue is top of gear stack next to the Stax? Also, how's the EF-5? 

post #11579 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post

Awesome setup, nmxdaven! What little statue is top of gear stack next to the Stax? Also, how's the EF-5? 

 

Thanks!

 

Its a little bear statue made out of Iron. Cant remember where it came from, but it keeps the gamma 2 from lifting up from all the heavy cords at the back.

 

 

 

I would describe the EF-5 as extremely competent, but not very noteworthy. It does a great job, but doesnt do it in any sort of special way. It will stay with me for a while, but it probly wont be a long term keeper.

 

Cory

post #11580 of 20178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

all black, as audio gear should be, IMO.
I disagree—the best looking audio gear is the high-end stuff made from machined aluminum.

But it's easier to hide away ugly gear if it's all black, and harder to design something that looks good in all aluminum.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...