Most people get a kick out of it at the office :) non computer people are like "wait, howd he get in there!?" lol mouthbreathers...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 755post #11311 of 162482/15/13 at 6:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11312 of 162482/15/13 at 6:47pmpost #11313 of 162482/15/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
"What...like you open up the box, case, thingy?!"
...normal people - crack me up.
Edited by Grevlin - 2/15/13 at 7:06pmpost #11314 of 162482/15/13 at 8:52pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Absolutely fantastic to see another Project Sunrise 2 out there. This amp is fantastic and deserves way more attention than it gets. Love mine and it was a blast to build.post #11315 of 162482/15/13 at 10:15pmpost #11316 of 162482/15/13 at 11:18pmQuote:
I don't have any first-hand experience with Horizon. From what I've read, it's basically a higher power version of the Sunrise.
My Sunrise drives my 64ohm Somic and 32 Ohm Samson's very well. I have it set at the 5ohm output level to give greater control of the bass and bypass the output caps (for now). I don't quite understand why they even put the 68ohm output option on the amp, since it seems way to high for even 300 ohm drivers (the highest recommended for Sunrise) but hey, I don't design these things. I just enjoy them!
Edited by Modular - 2/15/13 at 11:21pmpost #11317 of 162482/16/13 at 5:34amQuote:Originally Posted by LugBug1Quote:Originally Posted by longbowbbs
Soundstage....WWWWWIIIIIIIDDDDDDEEEEEE......My 650's with the Toxic's are great. These are another level. Micro detail is superior. I am hearing small things I have never heard before.
I will probably never sell the 650's. Different presentation, but I feel like I have made the big time.
God Good stuff!!
Yeah, I will own a pair one day. But for now I'll just have to listen to my pretend HD800's... The K701's.
I think that most people who love the 650's (including myself) its hard to break away, even with something that is clearly superior. Maybe build a little cosy bedside rig for your retired 650's? you know, just so they don't feel too old and useless ;)
I think the 650's will be the new "On the road" HP's. I will still listen to them as much as I do now....Not exactly tough duty..post #11318 of 162482/16/13 at 5:36ampost #11319 of 162482/16/13 at 11:28ampost #11320 of 162482/16/13 at 11:41ampost #11321 of 162482/16/13 at 11:46ampost #11322 of 162482/16/13 at 12:06pmpost #11323 of 162482/16/13 at 12:18pmpost #11324 of 162482/16/13 at 12:31pmpost #11325 of 162482/16/13 at 12:34pm
Welcome back, keph! Good to hear the SLR wasn't part of the deal...
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › FOR SALE WESTONE 4 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › HE-400 vs. HE-500 vs. HE-4 Comparison 5 minutes ago
- › Critique this headphone amp design? 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone heard / own USB Wireworld Starlight, Starlight 7, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe