Is... is that the severed hand of a disobedient child from your class?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 741post #11101 of 201772/11/13 at 11:13am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11102 of 201772/11/13 at 12:09pmQuote:
Ha! Earlier this year my Sophomores worked on a project where they took an Edgar Allan Poe story and turned it into a play that they performed for the school. That (plastic) severed hand is a prop left from The Tell-Tale Heart. They brought in all these plastic body parts, and when it came time to dismember the old man, they stuffed plastic hands, feet, and a head under some loose floorboards. They did the whole thing by candlelight, and it was really creepy.
In fact, if you look closely, you can see one of the feet balanced on the nose of my swordfish.post #11103 of 201772/11/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
It's gotta be especially fun to do what you do when given the freedom you seem to have (and it sounds like it works!)post #11104 of 201772/11/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
The glass just sits on top in a slight recess. Easy tube access.post #11105 of 201772/11/13 at 12:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by MorbidToaster
Now that I'm starting to settle gear wise I'm actually looking forward to increasing spending on all of those things.
I'd love to start smoking a pipe on the porch again along with various alcohol based music enhancers. ;) I think it'll mainly be spent on good loose leaf tea though. Really looking forward to taking some tea time with my system.
Is that what you kids call it these days..?Quote:
"Woo" hoo! I do love the look of those fireflies. Might get the wife one as an ornament pressie, and when shes not in I'll plug my hp's in :Dpost #11106 of 201772/11/13 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by SeanDavid010
A couple of answers:
1. CCK refers to the Apple Camera Connection Kit for the iPad. It's basically just a 30-pin dock connector to USB adapter that allows you to run your iPad right into a USB DAC. (For some DACs you need to run a powered USB hub between the iPad and the DAC. This is the case with my Schiit Modi.) Underneath my headphones is just my computer - a little Mac Mini.
2. Since I teach high school, I have a prep hour in the middle of the day, so for 75 minutes each day the door is locked, headphones are on, and I am amazingly productive. It is truly astounding how focused I can be whilst listening to my favorite music on those 598s. As for playing music for my students, before school, during lunch, and after school my door is open and music is playing. Right now I'm in the middle of a poetry unit with my seniors, and the first thing we do is examine music as poetry. We take 2 or 3 days to listen to different songs from all genres, look at the lyrics, and talk about how the music influences the tone, mood, and meaning of the lyrics. The students all have a chance to play songs of their own choosing for the class, and then we even have a poetry-out-loud type presentation when they perform the lyrics of their favorite song to an audience in the auditorium.
In short, music is an integral part of my instruction, workflow, and creative process.
A BIG cheer to you, SeanDavid010, for your effort and enthusiasm!post #11107 of 201772/11/13 at 12:40pmQuote:
Thanks, sphinxvc. I'm trying my best to keep my fellow members in the Northeast with some diversion from the big storm. When I actually listen to digital through the Mac mini music server, I usually place about 3-3.25 lbs on top - the tea kettle works perfectly. This is because the mini is lighter than a stack of fluffy pancakes...or Astrud Gilberto's vocals.
When the tweak is placed underneath the Sony PS-X5, no further assistance is needed. It's akin to going from wiping crumbs off the side of your mouth, to getting punched dab smack in it! Increased dynamics, enhanced mids and shimmering finish.post #11108 of 201772/11/13 at 12:46pm
Well, it's called tea in my house...lolpost #11109 of 201772/11/13 at 12:51pmpost #11110 of 201772/11/13 at 3:15pm
We recently moved, and thankfully I now have room for a home office. (No more Houston traffic for me!) So here's a quick overview of my current setup. Still trying to figure out where to put items. Everythings very messy.
From left to right....
Two of my setups here so far. (STAX and 650/lcd2's) Its already crowded so trying to figure out where the rest goes. Unfortunately my wife doesnt allow any of my audio stuff anywhere else in the house. (Happy wife, happy life)
6TB Raid (1) box stuffed in the desk for now.
Some of my vintage gaming gear. (Still have 2 more boxes of it to try and fit somewhere)
250 pound trinitron. One of the best TV's ever for older games. Some of my guitar gear in the reflection.post #11111 of 201772/11/13 at 3:26pm
Seriously drool-worthy, stunning, simple and clean!! Is my jealousy showing through?post #11112 of 201772/11/13 at 9:01pmQuote:Can I ask what the reason for this kind of vibration isolation is on the Mac Mini?
I'm slowly making my way back through this topic (about 100 pages so far) and this sort of thing is particularly intriguing.post #11113 of 201772/11/13 at 9:23pm
I'd guess mainly hard drive isolation.post #11114 of 201772/11/13 at 9:49pmpost #11115 of 201772/11/13 at 10:52pm
To control/tune resonances. This isn't limited to the Mac mini per se, rather many sources are sensitive to vibrations. Initially, I floated the mini on Dayton speaker spikes like the ones under the DAC; amp. I got the idea to try it after speaking to a fellow Computer Audiophile, who was also a founding partner for Mach2Music.
The presentation improved a bit. Floating the little one on brass footers improved things further. BTW, the footers in the pix are upside down during down time. The fine point goes down into the Maple when I'm in-session. The Mac is prone to sliding off its perch otherwise.
Edited by Silent One - 2/11/13 at 11:05pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Mytek Manhattan : PCM/DSD DAC-Pre With Headphone AMP 15 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 17 seconds ago
- › HifiMan HE-400 35 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 50 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3