Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 731post #10951 of 197252/7/13 at 3:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10952 of 197252/7/13 at 3:15pmpost #10953 of 197252/7/13 at 4:44pmQuote:
That's some nice ampage you have there :)
The soloist have an iron fist on the sound like i thought the lyr did when I had one?
~Mpost #10954 of 197252/7/13 at 4:49pmpost #10955 of 197252/7/13 at 4:58pmQuote:
If you forget about them again, I'm always in the market for another pairpost #10956 of 197252/7/13 at 6:24pmQuote:
The Burson is a fine amp without a doubt, but I find the Lyr with a nice pair of vintage Bugle Boys more pleasing with my Senns. The Crack on the other hand, well, it's too soon to say for sure, but I just *may* be putting some Schiit up for sale soon. Possibly. I'll be spending some more quality time with all of this fine equipment before I make a final decision, but the Bottlehead simply kicks booty with the HD-650. The glowing testimonials are there for very good reason.post #10957 of 197252/7/13 at 6:27pmQuote:
Oh, I love my Lyr and actually prefer it to the Soloist with my setup. However I just may have developed a Crack addiction today. A few more weeks will tell me for sure, but the Crack is most definitely a force to be reckoned with in this equation.post #10958 of 197252/7/13 at 6:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by dpippel
The Burson is a fine amp without a doubt, but I find the Lyr with a nice pair of vintage Bugle Boys more pleasing with my Senns. The Crack on the other hand, well, it's too soon to say for sure, but I just *may* be putting some Schiit up for sale soon. Possibly. I'll be spending some more quality time with all of this fine equipment before I make a final decision, but the Bottlehead simply kicks booty with the HD-650. The glowing testimonials are there for very good reason.
Nice, I've really itched to try the bottlehead! That itch went away when I first got my CTH but true to head-fi form the bottlehead looks good again :) I'm not sure it would fair as well with my current headphones as it does with the hd6xx series... Enjoy my friend, and good luck deciding what to do with the Lyr ;)
~Mpost #10959 of 197252/7/13 at 7:27pmThe speaker placement is.....less than ideal.....to say the least. But its quite literally the only configuration possible for this room. I could take out the book case and go at a diagonal/corner desk type setup but the table legs would get in the way and speaker placement still wouldnt be that great. I've sold the Audioengine A5's up there, but right now there is a problem with the area the subwoofer crosses over and the speakers drop out. Very boomy and such.
HD650 and O2 on the way, fed from AMB Gamma 2 F++.post #10960 of 197252/7/13 at 7:43pmpost #10961 of 197252/8/13 at 11:07am
Looking at those settings, they must be listening to LCD2. A little added roll off at the sub level, a dash down in the upper mids and a slight upward tilt for the upper treble. More hifi friendly ;)post #10962 of 197252/8/13 at 4:28pm
As far as this setup goes I am pretty much done when it comes to audio equipment. I have all the pieces I ever wanted, at least for as long as I own this place: its a condo so I can't realistically buy (and enjoy) anything more powerful than what I have, and at the volumes that I do listen at this stuff all sounds wonderful. So here we go:
First a Panoramic View:
The Main Setup:
Computer Desk Setup:
Media Closet (unfinished - needs painting):
Now some more detailed shots:
Entertainment Center featuring: Wharfedale Evo2-30 Towers as fronts, Evo2 Center Channel, Evo2-20 Towers as rears (not shown), REL T2 Sub (not shown), Denon AVR-4311CI, Oppo BDP-105, Rega RP1, Sony PS3 and TiVo Premiere. Also shown: Sennheiser HD650 (powered by the Oppo's wonderful built-in headphone amp).
Computer Desk with a 22" AOC monitor, Wharfedale Diamond 7.1 Bookshelf speakers, Fiio E9 Headphone Amp. The 7.1s and Fiio E9 are fed by a Yamaha HTR 3064 Reciever which is fed by a Yamaha S2500 SACD Player via analog, and either the computer's E-MU 1212m PCI Sound Card (when running JRiver for music or Audacity/Sonar 4 when ripping LPs and editing the WAVs) or the onboard RealTekHD card (when doing everything else)
Tall Shot of my computer area showing off my LZ I blown up album cover!
Some of the Equipment:
Rel T2 Sub
Rega RP1 Turntable
Wharfedale Evo2 Center, Denon AVR-4311CI, Oppo BDP-105
PC: 3rd Gen Core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB of HDD storage space, ATI HD5750 Graphics Card, E-MU 1212m PCI 192K/24-Bit Sound Card, Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit.
Where the computer outputs its sound: Yamaha HTR-3064 and a Yamaha DVD-S2500 SACD-DVDA-CD Player
As for the future, like I said, audio equipment for my living room/computer area I am pretty much set. I can only see myself adding MAYBE a headphone tube amp (but thats hard to justify because the Oppo does such nice work with my HD650s). I could see myself buying a few more pairs of cans: HD700s for home use, Amperiors and/or Momentums for road use with my PX360s going to my wife, and maybe some HD598s for desk/office use.
However, I do realize that my little 40" TV looks quite silly on my big ass wall, so eventually a 60" TV will make its way there. My friend is also trading me his slightly older but slightly higher end Yamaha HTR 5950 for my 3064, so that will temporarily reside as my computer amp. When I get my 60" TV for the living room, my 40" will go to my bedroom where I dont have anything hooked up yet. The 5950 will go to the bedroom, where I also have a Sony SACD Changer, and I will probably pick up an old Oppo DVP-980 or Denon 2910 and run it analog out to the Yamaha HTR 5950 (which does NOT have HDMI). The PS3 will also makes its way there as a BR player and I will connect it and the cable box via HDMI directly to the TV, and sound will be optical to the Yamaha for both. As far as speakers go, I am on the fence of getting a set of Wharfedale Achromatic speakers, probably one of the two towers as fronts, and the rest the smaller, or maybe picking up a used set of Wharfedale Zaldeks, or maybe just go Frankenstein and pick up whatever used/good deal Wharfedales I come across Ebay or Craigslist until I have 5.1 of them.
Edited by BruinAnteater - 2/8/13 at 4:57pmpost #10963 of 197252/8/13 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by shrimants
The speaker placement is.....less than ideal.....to say the least. But its quite literally the only configuration possible for this room. I could take out the book case and go at a diagonal/corner desk type setup but the table legs would get in the way and speaker placement still wouldnt be that great. I've sold the Audioengine A5's up there, but right now there is a problem with the area the subwoofer crosses over and the speakers drop out. Very boomy and such.
HD650 and O2 on the way, fed from AMB Gamma 2 F++.
Really Loving the look of this setup! I'm jelly..post #10964 of 197252/8/13 at 4:44pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 38 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Any DAC/Amps that can bypass iPod Classic DAC? 1 minute ago
- › WTB Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › Meze = Esmooth? 3 minutes ago
- › In-ears for female friend under $100? 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2