Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 731post #10951 of 162132/7/13 at 3:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10952 of 162132/7/13 at 3:15pmpost #10953 of 162132/7/13 at 4:44pmQuote:
That's some nice ampage you have there :)
The soloist have an iron fist on the sound like i thought the lyr did when I had one?
~Mpost #10954 of 162132/7/13 at 4:49pmpost #10955 of 162132/7/13 at 4:58pmQuote:
If you forget about them again, I'm always in the market for another pairpost #10956 of 162132/7/13 at 6:24pmQuote:
The Burson is a fine amp without a doubt, but I find the Lyr with a nice pair of vintage Bugle Boys more pleasing with my Senns. The Crack on the other hand, well, it's too soon to say for sure, but I just *may* be putting some Schiit up for sale soon. Possibly. I'll be spending some more quality time with all of this fine equipment before I make a final decision, but the Bottlehead simply kicks booty with the HD-650. The glowing testimonials are there for very good reason.post #10957 of 162132/7/13 at 6:27pmQuote:
Oh, I love my Lyr and actually prefer it to the Soloist with my setup. However I just may have developed a Crack addiction today. A few more weeks will tell me for sure, but the Crack is most definitely a force to be reckoned with in this equation.post #10958 of 162132/7/13 at 6:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by dpippel
The Burson is a fine amp without a doubt, but I find the Lyr with a nice pair of vintage Bugle Boys more pleasing with my Senns. The Crack on the other hand, well, it's too soon to say for sure, but I just *may* be putting some Schiit up for sale soon. Possibly. I'll be spending some more quality time with all of this fine equipment before I make a final decision, but the Bottlehead simply kicks booty with the HD-650. The glowing testimonials are there for very good reason.
Nice, I've really itched to try the bottlehead! That itch went away when I first got my CTH but true to head-fi form the bottlehead looks good again :) I'm not sure it would fair as well with my current headphones as it does with the hd6xx series... Enjoy my friend, and good luck deciding what to do with the Lyr ;)
~Mpost #10959 of 162132/7/13 at 7:27pmThe speaker placement is.....less than ideal.....to say the least. But its quite literally the only configuration possible for this room. I could take out the book case and go at a diagonal/corner desk type setup but the table legs would get in the way and speaker placement still wouldnt be that great. I've sold the Audioengine A5's up there, but right now there is a problem with the area the subwoofer crosses over and the speakers drop out. Very boomy and such.
HD650 and O2 on the way, fed from AMB Gamma 2 F++.post #10960 of 162132/7/13 at 7:43pmpost #10961 of 162132/8/13 at 11:07am
Looking at those settings, they must be listening to LCD2. A little added roll off at the sub level, a dash down in the upper mids and a slight upward tilt for the upper treble. More hifi friendly ;)post #10962 of 162132/8/13 at 4:28pm
As far as this setup goes I am pretty much done when it comes to audio equipment. I have all the pieces I ever wanted, at least for as long as I own this place: its a condo so I can't realistically buy (and enjoy) anything more powerful than what I have, and at the volumes that I do listen at this stuff all sounds wonderful. So here we go:
First a Panoramic View:
The Main Setup:
Computer Desk Setup:
Media Closet (unfinished - needs painting):
Now some more detailed shots:
Entertainment Center featuring: Wharfedale Evo2-30 Towers as fronts, Evo2 Center Channel, Evo2-20 Towers as rears (not shown), REL T2 Sub (not shown), Denon AVR-4311CI, Oppo BDP-105, Rega RP1, Sony PS3 and TiVo Premiere. Also shown: Sennheiser HD650 (powered by the Oppo's wonderful built-in headphone amp).
Computer Desk with a 22" AOC monitor, Wharfedale Diamond 7.1 Bookshelf speakers, Fiio E9 Headphone Amp. The 7.1s and Fiio E9 are fed by a Yamaha HTR 3064 Reciever which is fed by a Yamaha S2500 SACD Player via analog, and either the computer's E-MU 1212m PCI Sound Card (when running JRiver for music or Audacity/Sonar 4 when ripping LPs and editing the WAVs) or the onboard RealTekHD card (when doing everything else)
Tall Shot of my computer area showing off my LZ I blown up album cover!
Some of the Equipment:
Rel T2 Sub
Rega RP1 Turntable
Wharfedale Evo2 Center, Denon AVR-4311CI, Oppo BDP-105
PC: 3rd Gen Core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB of HDD storage space, ATI HD5750 Graphics Card, E-MU 1212m PCI 192K/24-Bit Sound Card, Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit.
Where the computer outputs its sound: Yamaha HTR-3064 and a Yamaha DVD-S2500 SACD-DVDA-CD Player
As for the future, like I said, audio equipment for my living room/computer area I am pretty much set. I can only see myself adding MAYBE a headphone tube amp (but thats hard to justify because the Oppo does such nice work with my HD650s). I could see myself buying a few more pairs of cans: HD700s for home use, Amperiors and/or Momentums for road use with my PX360s going to my wife, and maybe some HD598s for desk/office use.
However, I do realize that my little 40" TV looks quite silly on my big ass wall, so eventually a 60" TV will make its way there. My friend is also trading me his slightly older but slightly higher end Yamaha HTR 5950 for my 3064, so that will temporarily reside as my computer amp. When I get my 60" TV for the living room, my 40" will go to my bedroom where I dont have anything hooked up yet. The 5950 will go to the bedroom, where I also have a Sony SACD Changer, and I will probably pick up an old Oppo DVP-980 or Denon 2910 and run it analog out to the Yamaha HTR 5950 (which does NOT have HDMI). The PS3 will also makes its way there as a BR player and I will connect it and the cable box via HDMI directly to the TV, and sound will be optical to the Yamaha for both. As far as speakers go, I am on the fence of getting a set of Wharfedale Achromatic speakers, probably one of the two towers as fronts, and the rest the smaller, or maybe picking up a used set of Wharfedale Zaldeks, or maybe just go Frankenstein and pick up whatever used/good deal Wharfedales I come across Ebay or Craigslist until I have 5.1 of them.
Edited by BruinAnteater - 2/8/13 at 4:57pmpost #10963 of 162132/8/13 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by shrimants
The speaker placement is.....less than ideal.....to say the least. But its quite literally the only configuration possible for this room. I could take out the book case and go at a diagonal/corner desk type setup but the table legs would get in the way and speaker placement still wouldnt be that great. I've sold the Audioengine A5's up there, but right now there is a problem with the area the subwoofer crosses over and the speakers drop out. Very boomy and such.
HD650 and O2 on the way, fed from AMB Gamma 2 F++.
Really Loving the look of this setup! I'm jelly..post #10964 of 162132/8/13 at 4:44pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › What book are you reading right now? 14 seconds ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 22 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › WTB iBasso DX50 1 minute ago
- › K701 appreciation thread! 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha PRO Headphones. 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone + HiFiMan EF2A Advice 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 3 minutes ago
- › DT770 PRO 80ohm or Creative aurvana live 2 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe