Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 727post #10891 of 189592/4/13 at 12:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10892 of 189592/4/13 at 5:01pmQuote:
I had to scrape and save up for several years to finally purchase those sons of guns. My arm....my leg...post #10893 of 189592/4/13 at 5:08pmQuote:
Have you considered DIY? You could have saved at least one limb.post #10894 of 189592/4/13 at 5:52pmpost #10895 of 189592/4/13 at 5:58pmpost #10896 of 189592/4/13 at 6:01pmpost #10897 of 189592/4/13 at 7:15pmpost #10898 of 189592/4/13 at 7:17pmpost #10899 of 189592/4/13 at 7:18pm
Did you find balancing the T1 made much of a difference (don't want to go back for a balanced amp now though.... but interested all the same!)post #10900 of 189592/4/13 at 7:20pmpost #10901 of 189592/4/13 at 7:27pmQuote:
What Vioelectric amp is that?post #10902 of 189592/4/13 at 7:29pmpost #10903 of 189592/4/13 at 7:33pm
Posted this on the Stax thread, but may as well post it here too:
I have to sell the Wyred 4 Sound DAC-1 for now unfortunately, but will very likely come back to it few months down the road. I'll have to chug along with the good old Stello DA100 meanwhile...post #10904 of 189592/4/13 at 7:41pmpost #10905 of 189592/4/13 at 7:43pmQuote:
I find the difference big enough to justify sticking to balanced setups.
However, if you have the V200 you don't need to worry,
as project86 who auditioned both the V181 and V200 (and wrote great reviews) kept the V200.
For single end the V200 must be the winner.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 46 seconds ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 7 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)