Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 720post #10786 of 189252/2/13 at 10:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10787 of 189252/2/13 at 10:57ampost #10788 of 189252/2/13 at 10:58am
Thats all you need...
Good cans, DAC, amp
Macbook pro and a groovy bit-streampost #10789 of 189252/2/13 at 10:59ampost #10790 of 189252/2/13 at 11:27amQuote:
Yeah me too..i wish i could try one of those godlike cans one day in my life..just to see what the difference could be to my excellent he500.. Its a wish.post #10791 of 189252/2/13 at 11:41ampost #10792 of 189252/2/13 at 11:42amQuote:
About 10% apparently...
Which is a lot when you get to that stage... But boy is it going to cost us ha!post #10793 of 189252/2/13 at 11:45am
There's more than 10% to be improved over the HE500, IMO.post #10794 of 189252/2/13 at 11:49am
Even if its 100% improvement..realistically its more then 100 % more expensive..but still i wanna hear one one day..just to hear what an almost perfect headphone would sound like..post #10795 of 189252/2/13 at 11:52am
Yeah but even at $700 for the HE-500, you gave up absolute price / performance a long time ago. :Dpost #10796 of 189252/2/13 at 11:54ampost #10797 of 189252/2/13 at 11:59am
I agree also..but i mean compared to a minimal acceptable soundquality..for me the he500 delivers almost high end sound for minimal price..compared to the real top dogs.. Ofcourse a 100 euro bud has a better price performance then a he500.. I think for hifiman the phone with best perfomance/ price is the he300 no question about it..for 249 euro it performs wonderfully for the price..the he500 for sure dont perform more then 100% betterpost #10798 of 189252/2/13 at 12:01pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by willmax
Thanks HeatFan12, I couldn't agree more .
I don't know if you remember but thanks to your thread comparing the Audioengine and the Rokit that I ended up deciding on getting the Rokit 6 and I am soooo glad I did - I'm also glad that I got the Rokit 6 over the Rokit 5 much fuller sound without the need for a subwoofer :-)post #10799 of 189252/2/13 at 12:04pm
Studio monitors and a lot of hi-fi speakers supposedly want to accomplish the same goal. Flat line transparency. Of course this hardly ever actually happens. :Dpost #10800 of 189252/2/13 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
I agree also..but i mean compared to a minimal acceptable soundquality..for me the he500 delivers almost high end sound for minimal price..compared to the real top dogs.. Ofcourse a 100 euro bud has a better price performance then a he500.. I think for hifiman the phone with best perfomance/ price is the he300 no question about it..for 249 euro it performs wonderfully for the price..the he500 for sure dont perform more then 100% better
Yeah the HE500 is probably the best of the bunch regarding price per performance. But they are still expensive compared to hp's a few years ago. Having lived with the 650's for several years and then diving into HE500 and LCD2 the price doesn't justify the better SQ. Even though the sound is better. If they were a few hundred bucks more then yes it would make more sense. But it's big business now... Anyways this is clearly a derailer, so I'll stop ;)
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 10 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 48 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a new pair of Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear: Smelly Ear cup........ 10 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)