Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 720post #10786 of 190352/2/13 at 10:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10787 of 190352/2/13 at 10:57ampost #10788 of 190352/2/13 at 10:58am
Thats all you need...
Good cans, DAC, amp
Macbook pro and a groovy bit-streampost #10789 of 190352/2/13 at 10:59ampost #10790 of 190352/2/13 at 11:27amQuote:
Yeah me too..i wish i could try one of those godlike cans one day in my life..just to see what the difference could be to my excellent he500.. Its a wish.post #10791 of 190352/2/13 at 11:41ampost #10792 of 190352/2/13 at 11:42amQuote:
About 10% apparently...
Which is a lot when you get to that stage... But boy is it going to cost us ha!post #10793 of 190352/2/13 at 11:45am
There's more than 10% to be improved over the HE500, IMO.post #10794 of 190352/2/13 at 11:49am
Even if its 100% improvement..realistically its more then 100 % more expensive..but still i wanna hear one one day..just to hear what an almost perfect headphone would sound like..post #10795 of 190352/2/13 at 11:52am
Yeah but even at $700 for the HE-500, you gave up absolute price / performance a long time ago. :Dpost #10796 of 190352/2/13 at 11:54ampost #10797 of 190352/2/13 at 11:59am
I agree also..but i mean compared to a minimal acceptable soundquality..for me the he500 delivers almost high end sound for minimal price..compared to the real top dogs.. Ofcourse a 100 euro bud has a better price performance then a he500.. I think for hifiman the phone with best perfomance/ price is the he300 no question about it..for 249 euro it performs wonderfully for the price..the he500 for sure dont perform more then 100% betterpost #10798 of 190352/2/13 at 12:01pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by willmax
Thanks HeatFan12, I couldn't agree more .
I don't know if you remember but thanks to your thread comparing the Audioengine and the Rokit that I ended up deciding on getting the Rokit 6 and I am soooo glad I did - I'm also glad that I got the Rokit 6 over the Rokit 5 much fuller sound without the need for a subwoofer :-)post #10799 of 190352/2/13 at 12:04pm
Studio monitors and a lot of hi-fi speakers supposedly want to accomplish the same goal. Flat line transparency. Of course this hardly ever actually happens. :Dpost #10800 of 190352/2/13 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
I agree also..but i mean compared to a minimal acceptable soundquality..for me the he500 delivers almost high end sound for minimal price..compared to the real top dogs.. Ofcourse a 100 euro bud has a better price performance then a he500.. I think for hifiman the phone with best perfomance/ price is the he300 no question about it..for 249 euro it performs wonderfully for the price..the he500 for sure dont perform more then 100% better
Yeah the HE500 is probably the best of the bunch regarding price per performance. But they are still expensive compared to hp's a few years ago. Having lived with the 650's for several years and then diving into HE500 and LCD2 the price doesn't justify the better SQ. Even though the sound is better. If they were a few hundred bucks more then yes it would make more sense. But it's big business now... Anyways this is clearly a derailer, so I'll stop ;)
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Is this the right choice? ATH-AD700 + Creative Sound Blaster ZxR -... 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade from Shure SE215's 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 7 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 8 minutes ago
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 9 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 10 minutes ago
- › The EU deals thread! 11 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 12 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)