Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 720post #10786 of 197062/2/13 at 10:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10787 of 197062/2/13 at 10:57ampost #10788 of 197062/2/13 at 10:58am
Thats all you need...
Good cans, DAC, amp
Macbook pro and a groovy bit-streampost #10789 of 197062/2/13 at 10:59ampost #10790 of 197062/2/13 at 11:27amQuote:
Yeah me too..i wish i could try one of those godlike cans one day in my life..just to see what the difference could be to my excellent he500.. Its a wish.post #10791 of 197062/2/13 at 11:41ampost #10792 of 197062/2/13 at 11:42amQuote:
About 10% apparently...
Which is a lot when you get to that stage... But boy is it going to cost us ha!post #10793 of 197062/2/13 at 11:45am
There's more than 10% to be improved over the HE500, IMO.post #10794 of 197062/2/13 at 11:49am
Even if its 100% improvement..realistically its more then 100 % more expensive..but still i wanna hear one one day..just to hear what an almost perfect headphone would sound like..post #10795 of 197062/2/13 at 11:52am
Yeah but even at $700 for the HE-500, you gave up absolute price / performance a long time ago. :Dpost #10796 of 197062/2/13 at 11:54ampost #10797 of 197062/2/13 at 11:59am
I agree also..but i mean compared to a minimal acceptable soundquality..for me the he500 delivers almost high end sound for minimal price..compared to the real top dogs.. Ofcourse a 100 euro bud has a better price performance then a he500.. I think for hifiman the phone with best perfomance/ price is the he300 no question about it..for 249 euro it performs wonderfully for the price..the he500 for sure dont perform more then 100% betterpost #10798 of 197062/2/13 at 12:01pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by willmax
Thanks HeatFan12, I couldn't agree more .
I don't know if you remember but thanks to your thread comparing the Audioengine and the Rokit that I ended up deciding on getting the Rokit 6 and I am soooo glad I did - I'm also glad that I got the Rokit 6 over the Rokit 5 much fuller sound without the need for a subwoofer :-)post #10799 of 197062/2/13 at 12:04pm
Studio monitors and a lot of hi-fi speakers supposedly want to accomplish the same goal. Flat line transparency. Of course this hardly ever actually happens. :Dpost #10800 of 197062/2/13 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
I agree also..but i mean compared to a minimal acceptable soundquality..for me the he500 delivers almost high end sound for minimal price..compared to the real top dogs.. Ofcourse a 100 euro bud has a better price performance then a he500.. I think for hifiman the phone with best perfomance/ price is the he300 no question about it..for 249 euro it performs wonderfully for the price..the he500 for sure dont perform more then 100% better
Yeah the HE500 is probably the best of the bunch regarding price per performance. But they are still expensive compared to hp's a few years ago. Having lived with the 650's for several years and then diving into HE500 and LCD2 the price doesn't justify the better SQ. Even though the sound is better. If they were a few hundred bucks more then yes it would make more sense. But it's big business now... Anyways this is clearly a derailer, so I'll stop ;)
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 30 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 43 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 51 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 3 minutes ago
- › Best DACs to use with Linux? 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet Summer 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3