Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 8/23/11 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 3/28/11 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 3/24/13 at 7:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 2/6/13 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Edited on 8/18/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 720post #10786 of 136162/2/13 at 10:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10787 of 136162/2/13 at 10:57ampost #10788 of 136162/2/13 at 10:58am
Thats all you need...
Good cans, DAC, amp
Macbook pro and a groovy bit-streampost #10789 of 136162/2/13 at 10:59ampost #10790 of 136162/2/13 at 11:27amQuote:
Yeah me too..i wish i could try one of those godlike cans one day in my life..just to see what the difference could be to my excellent he500.. Its a wish.post #10791 of 136162/2/13 at 11:41ampost #10792 of 136162/2/13 at 11:42amQuote:
About 10% apparently...
Which is a lot when you get to that stage... But boy is it going to cost us ha!post #10793 of 136162/2/13 at 11:45am
There's more than 10% to be improved over the HE500, IMO.post #10794 of 136162/2/13 at 11:49am
Even if its 100% improvement..realistically its more then 100 % more expensive..but still i wanna hear one one day..just to hear what an almost perfect headphone would sound like..post #10795 of 136162/2/13 at 11:52am
Yeah but even at $700 for the HE-500, you gave up absolute price / performance a long time ago. :Dpost #10796 of 136162/2/13 at 11:54ampost #10797 of 136162/2/13 at 11:59am
I agree also..but i mean compared to a minimal acceptable soundquality..for me the he500 delivers almost high end sound for minimal price..compared to the real top dogs.. Ofcourse a 100 euro bud has a better price performance then a he500.. I think for hifiman the phone with best perfomance/ price is the he300 no question about it..for 249 euro it performs wonderfully for the price..the he500 for sure dont perform more then 100% betterpost #10798 of 136162/2/13 at 12:01pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by willmax
Thanks HeatFan12, I couldn't agree more .
I don't know if you remember but thanks to your thread comparing the Audioengine and the Rokit that I ended up deciding on getting the Rokit 6 and I am soooo glad I did - I'm also glad that I got the Rokit 6 over the Rokit 5 much fuller sound without the need for a subwoofer :-)post #10799 of 136162/2/13 at 12:04pm
Studio monitors and a lot of hi-fi speakers supposedly want to accomplish the same goal. Flat line transparency. Of course this hardly ever actually happens. :Dpost #10800 of 136162/2/13 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
I agree also..but i mean compared to a minimal acceptable soundquality..for me the he500 delivers almost high end sound for minimal price..compared to the real top dogs.. Ofcourse a 100 euro bud has a better price performance then a he500.. I think for hifiman the phone with best perfomance/ price is the he300 no question about it..for 249 euro it performs wonderfully for the price..the he500 for sure dont perform more then 100% better
Yeah the HE500 is probably the best of the bunch regarding price per performance. But they are still expensive compared to hp's a few years ago. Having lived with the 650's for several years and then diving into HE500 and LCD2 the price doesn't justify the better SQ. Even though the sound is better. If they were a few hundred bucks more then yes it would make more sense. But it's big business now... Anyways this is clearly a derailer, so I'll stop ;)
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 39 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: Stax SR-Sigma Normal/Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Who has an end game setup? 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 5 minutes ago
- › xDuoo - new company making interesting portable DAC and amp units 7 minutes ago
- › FS: ALO The National Amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe