I've viewed Stoin's setup 4 times now. Stop quoting the image and clogging the thread with regurgitated pictures, really not that hard.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 708post #10606 of 190421/21/13 at 1:53am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10607 of 190421/21/13 at 1:57amQuote:
First world problems man..post #10608 of 190421/21/13 at 2:06ampost #10609 of 190421/21/13 at 2:10ampost #10610 of 190421/21/13 at 3:05ampost #10611 of 190421/21/13 at 5:56amQuote:
How is the 650 compared to the big boys?post #10612 of 190421/21/13 at 10:07amQuote:
+1post #10613 of 190421/21/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
Someone's jealouspost #10614 of 190421/21/13 at 6:22pm
Made some updates. Previously after I got the Aurality player then a empirical synchro-mesh I think I had an audio melt down and just sold almost everything I had. I just had too many little boxes, headphones and doohickeys.
I sold a bunch off normally then got the OPPO bdp-105 which let me sell off all my DACs and my USB converters and media players (since it is a DLNA renderer and 24/192 USB DAC). I also sold off my AVR and am going straight from my OPPO to my power amp. Though that did cause me to have to upgrade from the XPA-200 (not shown above) to my new XPA-5. I like this setup though I may go for the emotiva XMC-1 if it ever comes out. I also have a new GS-X coming which may or may not replace my Zana Duez. Though once my new Ascend acoustic Sierra Towers (speakers) show up I'm not sure how much more headphone music I'll be listening too. Actually, I haven't been doing almost any headphone listening for a while but I'm not sure why. So a strange and massive audio change..
Also went from my nice but older Sony TV to the new XBR HX950 which is about 100 times better. Very happy with the PQ.
Edited by tme110 - 1/21/13 at 6:25pmpost #10615 of 190421/22/13 at 4:16pmpost #10616 of 190421/23/13 at 4:28pm
I realized that was a pretty bad pic so I tried again but I don't have a real camera so there probably was no real point...
Though not your typical headfi rig, I've been through a couple dozen components in the last couple years and I'm zeroing on what I want so once this is set, and I'm sure no one will believe it, but I'm confident I wont have a need to upgrade anymore. I may try things for the fun of it but I've had enough headfi toys now not to need to (or wonder) upgrade much more.
It still looks better in person. The funny thing is that I've contacted several high-end custom audio rack makers and none of them even wrote me back.
And my basement (ie office) rig: (hidden is a AGD amp/dac)
Edited by tme110 - 1/23/13 at 5:53pmpost #10617 of 190421/23/13 at 6:28pmpost #10618 of 190421/24/13 at 3:32ampost #10619 of 190421/24/13 at 5:23ampost #10620 of 190421/25/13 at 3:43am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Recommendations for sennheiser hd800 setup 21 seconds ago
- › Post pics of your builds.... 2 minutes ago
- › cigarette-fi 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-2 Planar Magnetic Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Tidal lossless listening test, what's going on here? 6 minutes ago
- › Noble 4 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 8 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 9 minutes ago
- › Great Rock Albums! 10 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3