I've viewed Stoin's setup 4 times now. Stop quoting the image and clogging the thread with regurgitated pictures, really not that hard.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 708post #10606 of 174451/21/13 at 1:53am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10607 of 174451/21/13 at 1:57amQuote:
First world problems man..post #10608 of 174451/21/13 at 2:06ampost #10609 of 174451/21/13 at 2:10ampost #10610 of 174451/21/13 at 3:05ampost #10611 of 174451/21/13 at 5:56ampost #10612 of 174451/21/13 at 10:07amQuote:
+1post #10613 of 174451/21/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
Someone's jealouspost #10614 of 174451/21/13 at 6:22pm
Made some updates. Previously after I got the Aurality player then a empirical synchro-mesh I think I had an audio melt down and just sold almost everything I had. I just had too many little boxes, headphones and doohickeys.
I sold a bunch off normally then got the OPPO bdp-105 which let me sell off all my DACs and my USB converters and media players (since it is a DLNA renderer and 24/192 USB DAC). I also sold off my AVR and am going straight from my OPPO to my power amp. Though that did cause me to have to upgrade from the XPA-200 (not shown above) to my new XPA-5. I like this setup though I may go for the emotiva XMC-1 if it ever comes out. I also have a new GS-X coming which may or may not replace my Zana Duez. Though once my new Ascend acoustic Sierra Towers (speakers) show up I'm not sure how much more headphone music I'll be listening too. Actually, I haven't been doing almost any headphone listening for a while but I'm not sure why. So a strange and massive audio change..
Also went from my nice but older Sony TV to the new XBR HX950 which is about 100 times better. Very happy with the PQ.
Edited by tme110 - 1/21/13 at 6:25pmpost #10615 of 174451/22/13 at 4:16pmpost #10616 of 174451/23/13 at 4:28pm
I realized that was a pretty bad pic so I tried again but I don't have a real camera so there probably was no real point...
Though not your typical headfi rig, I've been through a couple dozen components in the last couple years and I'm zeroing on what I want so once this is set, and I'm sure no one will believe it, but I'm confident I wont have a need to upgrade anymore. I may try things for the fun of it but I've had enough headfi toys now not to need to (or wonder) upgrade much more.
It still looks better in person. The funny thing is that I've contacted several high-end custom audio rack makers and none of them even wrote me back.
And my basement (ie office) rig: (hidden is a AGD amp/dac)
Edited by tme110 - 1/23/13 at 5:53pmpost #10617 of 174451/23/13 at 6:28pmpost #10618 of 174451/24/13 at 3:32ampost #10619 of 174451/24/13 at 5:23ampost #10620 of 174451/25/13 at 3:43am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Grado Fan Club! 43 seconds ago
- › New WA7d Fireflies with Two Digital Inputs 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ Appreciation thread. Opinions, reviews,... 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 10 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 10 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 10 minutes ago
- › Guitar-fi anyone? 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude