I've viewed Stoin's setup 4 times now. Stop quoting the image and clogging the thread with regurgitated pictures, really not that hard.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 708post #10606 of 189251/21/13 at 1:53am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10607 of 189251/21/13 at 1:57amQuote:
First world problems man..post #10608 of 189251/21/13 at 2:06ampost #10609 of 189251/21/13 at 2:10ampost #10610 of 189251/21/13 at 3:05ampost #10611 of 189251/21/13 at 5:56ampost #10612 of 189251/21/13 at 10:07amQuote:
+1post #10613 of 189251/21/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
Someone's jealouspost #10614 of 189251/21/13 at 6:22pm
Made some updates. Previously after I got the Aurality player then a empirical synchro-mesh I think I had an audio melt down and just sold almost everything I had. I just had too many little boxes, headphones and doohickeys.
I sold a bunch off normally then got the OPPO bdp-105 which let me sell off all my DACs and my USB converters and media players (since it is a DLNA renderer and 24/192 USB DAC). I also sold off my AVR and am going straight from my OPPO to my power amp. Though that did cause me to have to upgrade from the XPA-200 (not shown above) to my new XPA-5. I like this setup though I may go for the emotiva XMC-1 if it ever comes out. I also have a new GS-X coming which may or may not replace my Zana Duez. Though once my new Ascend acoustic Sierra Towers (speakers) show up I'm not sure how much more headphone music I'll be listening too. Actually, I haven't been doing almost any headphone listening for a while but I'm not sure why. So a strange and massive audio change..
Also went from my nice but older Sony TV to the new XBR HX950 which is about 100 times better. Very happy with the PQ.
Edited by tme110 - 1/21/13 at 6:25pmpost #10615 of 189251/22/13 at 4:16pmpost #10616 of 189251/23/13 at 4:28pm
I realized that was a pretty bad pic so I tried again but I don't have a real camera so there probably was no real point...
Though not your typical headfi rig, I've been through a couple dozen components in the last couple years and I'm zeroing on what I want so once this is set, and I'm sure no one will believe it, but I'm confident I wont have a need to upgrade anymore. I may try things for the fun of it but I've had enough headfi toys now not to need to (or wonder) upgrade much more.
It still looks better in person. The funny thing is that I've contacted several high-end custom audio rack makers and none of them even wrote me back.
And my basement (ie office) rig: (hidden is a AGD amp/dac)
Edited by tme110 - 1/23/13 at 5:53pmpost #10617 of 189251/23/13 at 6:28pmpost #10618 of 189251/24/13 at 3:32ampost #10619 of 189251/24/13 at 5:23ampost #10620 of 189251/25/13 at 3:43am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Amplifiers shootout for Stax 009 (Eddie Current Electra, AudioValve... 9 seconds ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 28 seconds ago
- › weird, unordinary, unique music recommedations? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 4 minutes ago
- › what sound signature is best for modern music(pop,edm etc.)? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)