I've viewed Stoin's setup 4 times now. Stop quoting the image and clogging the thread with regurgitated pictures, really not that hard.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 708post #10606 of 197161/21/13 at 1:53am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10607 of 197161/21/13 at 1:57amQuote:
First world problems man..post #10608 of 197161/21/13 at 2:06ampost #10609 of 197161/21/13 at 2:10ampost #10610 of 197161/21/13 at 3:05ampost #10611 of 197161/21/13 at 5:56amQuote:
How is the 650 compared to the big boys?post #10612 of 197161/21/13 at 10:07amQuote:
+1post #10613 of 197161/21/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
Someone's jealouspost #10614 of 197161/21/13 at 6:22pm
Made some updates. Previously after I got the Aurality player then a empirical synchro-mesh I think I had an audio melt down and just sold almost everything I had. I just had too many little boxes, headphones and doohickeys.
I sold a bunch off normally then got the OPPO bdp-105 which let me sell off all my DACs and my USB converters and media players (since it is a DLNA renderer and 24/192 USB DAC). I also sold off my AVR and am going straight from my OPPO to my power amp. Though that did cause me to have to upgrade from the XPA-200 (not shown above) to my new XPA-5. I like this setup though I may go for the emotiva XMC-1 if it ever comes out. I also have a new GS-X coming which may or may not replace my Zana Duez. Though once my new Ascend acoustic Sierra Towers (speakers) show up I'm not sure how much more headphone music I'll be listening too. Actually, I haven't been doing almost any headphone listening for a while but I'm not sure why. So a strange and massive audio change..
Also went from my nice but older Sony TV to the new XBR HX950 which is about 100 times better. Very happy with the PQ.
Edited by tme110 - 1/21/13 at 6:25pmpost #10615 of 197161/22/13 at 4:16pmpost #10616 of 197161/23/13 at 4:28pm
I realized that was a pretty bad pic so I tried again but I don't have a real camera so there probably was no real point...
Though not your typical headfi rig, I've been through a couple dozen components in the last couple years and I'm zeroing on what I want so once this is set, and I'm sure no one will believe it, but I'm confident I wont have a need to upgrade anymore. I may try things for the fun of it but I've had enough headfi toys now not to need to (or wonder) upgrade much more.
It still looks better in person. The funny thing is that I've contacted several high-end custom audio rack makers and none of them even wrote me back.
And my basement (ie office) rig: (hidden is a AGD amp/dac)
Edited by tme110 - 1/23/13 at 5:53pmpost #10617 of 197161/23/13 at 6:28pmpost #10618 of 197161/24/13 at 3:32ampost #10619 of 197161/24/13 at 5:23ampost #10620 of 197161/25/13 at 3:43am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › "The Lab" 21 seconds ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 21 seconds ago
- › Hifiman custom cable (4 pin XLR) 43 seconds ago
- › exaSound DACs 53 seconds ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 54 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 Pro cable options 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › What is safest way to plug in/unplug gear? 2 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3