I've viewed Stoin's setup 4 times now. Stop quoting the image and clogging the thread with regurgitated pictures, really not that hard.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 708post #10606 of 188141/21/13 at 1:53am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10607 of 188141/21/13 at 1:57amQuote:
First world problems man..post #10608 of 188141/21/13 at 2:06ampost #10609 of 188141/21/13 at 2:10ampost #10610 of 188141/21/13 at 3:05ampost #10611 of 188141/21/13 at 5:56ampost #10612 of 188141/21/13 at 10:07amQuote:
+1post #10613 of 188141/21/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
Someone's jealouspost #10614 of 188141/21/13 at 6:22pm
Made some updates. Previously after I got the Aurality player then a empirical synchro-mesh I think I had an audio melt down and just sold almost everything I had. I just had too many little boxes, headphones and doohickeys.
I sold a bunch off normally then got the OPPO bdp-105 which let me sell off all my DACs and my USB converters and media players (since it is a DLNA renderer and 24/192 USB DAC). I also sold off my AVR and am going straight from my OPPO to my power amp. Though that did cause me to have to upgrade from the XPA-200 (not shown above) to my new XPA-5. I like this setup though I may go for the emotiva XMC-1 if it ever comes out. I also have a new GS-X coming which may or may not replace my Zana Duez. Though once my new Ascend acoustic Sierra Towers (speakers) show up I'm not sure how much more headphone music I'll be listening too. Actually, I haven't been doing almost any headphone listening for a while but I'm not sure why. So a strange and massive audio change..
Also went from my nice but older Sony TV to the new XBR HX950 which is about 100 times better. Very happy with the PQ.
Edited by tme110 - 1/21/13 at 6:25pmpost #10615 of 188141/22/13 at 4:16pmpost #10616 of 188141/23/13 at 4:28pm
I realized that was a pretty bad pic so I tried again but I don't have a real camera so there probably was no real point...
Though not your typical headfi rig, I've been through a couple dozen components in the last couple years and I'm zeroing on what I want so once this is set, and I'm sure no one will believe it, but I'm confident I wont have a need to upgrade anymore. I may try things for the fun of it but I've had enough headfi toys now not to need to (or wonder) upgrade much more.
It still looks better in person. The funny thing is that I've contacted several high-end custom audio rack makers and none of them even wrote me back.
And my basement (ie office) rig: (hidden is a AGD amp/dac)
Edited by tme110 - 1/23/13 at 5:53pmpost #10617 of 188141/23/13 at 6:28pmpost #10618 of 188141/24/13 at 3:32ampost #10619 of 188141/24/13 at 5:23ampost #10620 of 188141/25/13 at 3:43am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › first audiophile headphones ~520 USD 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 with Canare cable From Venus Audio 2 minutes ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 7 minutes ago
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)