Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 699post #10471 of 202261/11/13 at 11:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10472 of 202261/11/13 at 12:19pmpost #10473 of 202261/11/13 at 2:17pmKickin back to a GE 5998A brown base in my WA3+.... I'm liking this tube quite a bit, it's got solid state like control of things down low while not going all itchy up high. I need to let it cook for a while and let the tunes sink in some more:
hmmm, not exactly the thread I wanted this to land in, thought I was in Woo land.....doh.
Edited by GrindingThud - 1/11/13 at 2:24pmpost #10474 of 202261/11/13 at 2:55pmpost #10475 of 202261/11/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
Until now it never really hit me just how small the magni/modi stack is.post #10476 of 202261/11/13 at 3:22pmQuote:
Yeah defo. But then again most set ups on top of that Demon Denon beast would look smallpost #10477 of 202261/11/13 at 3:46pmpost #10478 of 202261/11/13 at 3:53pmpost #10479 of 202261/11/13 at 4:00pmpost #10480 of 202261/11/13 at 4:03pmQuote:
I'm not just repaying the compliment. That is one hell of a rig! I don't think I'd be using hp's either if I had that.
I luv the 1950's? radio aswell.post #10481 of 202261/11/13 at 4:24pmpost #10482 of 202261/11/13 at 4:43pm
love it to pieces.
seems to work pretty well. it is made of mahogany. and fairly solid.Quote:
yep. a 1950's a.m. radio with a pull-out 78 rpm turntable.
fully functional. but seldom used.post #10483 of 202261/11/13 at 4:55pm
Also my guitar setup for headphone practice at night.
CD transports, Macbook pro, Entech, Larocco PPA, Millet and LED candles for mood lighting
Koss and Grado
AKG, Sennheiser, Jays, Yuin, Bose, pimeta, Govibe 2.0, Millet tubes
Edited by kramer5150 - 1/11/13 at 4:57pmpost #10484 of 202261/11/13 at 5:06pmpost #10485 of 202261/11/13 at 5:37pmQuote:
What speaker cables are you using? I just ordered some Emotiva to fill the void.
Gonna need to order my Skylan stands soon so my HL5s won't be without the. Too long. Still jealous of the analog rig.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 21 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X3 & X5 USB Drivers (for Windows only) 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 7 minutes ago
- › Marshall London - Audiophile smartphone 7 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 8 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 8 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 9 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2