Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 698

post #10456 of 19722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post

Quick window shot on a rainy day in Dallas.  Hard to arrange because my office has a bay window and no straight walls.  Nice because it looks out over the forest leading to Lake Grapevine - very relaxing.  The other listening station is in a window seat by the pool, with the amp sitting in the window on foot-thick walls (ICF house).  The WBQHS (whiz-bang quick headphone stand) is an embarrassment, but I have a nice slab of black walnut to make a new one someday.  Very pedestrian setup, but I enjoy it.  Nothing has ever been able to touch the Stax that I bought new a very, very long time ago when, for a brief moment, they were the best in the world.  The small box is unrelated - it is used for home automation programming.

 

...

 

I don't think anyone here's going to criticize you for spending your money on headphones instead of a nice stand L3000.gif

 

At least I certainly wouldn't; I wish I had some Stax.

post #10457 of 19722

A can of flat black spray paint gives PVC a whole new look.

 

post #10458 of 19722

Nice and rainy here in Austin, too. I realize that you're not on my list of Texas Head-fiers. 

 

Will you be making it to the big Austin meet this year? March 2nd. Link in my sig. I'll CC you on the PM I just sent out as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post

Quick window shot on a rainy day in Dallas.  Hard to arrange because my office has a bay window and no straight walls.  Nice because it looks out over the forest leading to Lake Grapevine - very relaxing.  The other listening station is in a window seat by the pool, with the amp sitting in the window on foot-thick walls (ICF house).  The WBQHS (whiz-bang quick headphone stand) is an embarrassment, but I have a nice slab of black walnut to make a new one someday.  Very pedestrian setup, but I enjoy it.  Nothing has ever been able to touch the Stax that I bought new a very, very long time ago when, for a brief moment, they were the best in the world.  The small box is unrelated - it is used for home automation programming.

post #10459 of 19722
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat28037 View Post

A can of flat black spray paint gives PVC a whole new look.
Gimme one!
post #10460 of 19722
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Nice and rainy here in Austin, too. I realize that you're not on my list of Texas Head-fiers. 

 

Will you be making it to the big Austin meet this year? March 2nd. Link in my sig. I'll CC you on the PM I just sent out as well.

 

Do you think the LAu will be there?

post #10461 of 19722
These rigs are absolutely amazing... pics soon for mine. Subscribed
post #10462 of 19722

Pardon my bad photography.

post #10463 of 19722
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ND3R5 View Post

Pardon my bad photography.

The asus looks nice, I might get the Muses edition..

post #10464 of 19722
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

The asus looks nice, I might get the Muses edition..


I have the standard op-amps, have been thinking about swapping them out. Just have to find more info and see if there is any point going with anything other than the muses.

post #10465 of 19722
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ND3R5 View Post


I have the standard op-amps, have been thinking about swapping them out. Just have to find more info and see if there is any point going with anything other than the muses.

Please check the below:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/542563/asus-essence-one-headphone-amp-dac-cebit-2011/1020#post_9003358

post #10466 of 19722
Quote:


Thanks!

post #10467 of 19722

4nd3r5,are those what speakers are those?

post #10468 of 19722
Quote:
Originally Posted by antberg View Post

4nd3r5,are those what speakers are those?


They're Behringer MS-40s, nothing special but pretty decent for the price. They are probably next on my upgrade list.

post #10469 of 19722

I was having a really rough day, but man, goatonboat, you brought a smile to my face :) Thanks dude.

post #10470 of 19722

Current rig.  Happy with it :)
 

1000

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...