- 13,336 Posts. Joined 4/2010
- Location: Hipster Haven of the South (Austin, Texas)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 672post #10066 of 1844512/13/12 at 6:18pmI have 2 of the heads and don't use them for stands due to paranoia about pad wear.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10067 of 1844512/14/12 at 1:43am
Yeah, so far I like them. they have a little recession in the mids but a really nice and airy treble...also mountains of bass, though they do distort when too loud, they get very loud very fast. They also have a channel imbalance from left to right, I notice that the right id NOTABLY quieter than the right one until its at a moderately loud level.
Yeah, I got it at good will for 10 cents...so not too shabby.post #10068 of 1844512/14/12 at 1:45amQuote:
lol I'm not too worried. The pads are cheap and the velours are VERY firm.post #10069 of 1844512/14/12 at 1:50ampost #10070 of 1844512/14/12 at 7:40am
My 009 pads are over 100 bucks for a new set, so I'm extremely careful, lol.post #10071 of 1844512/14/12 at 8:30ampost #10072 of 1844512/14/12 at 9:05am
inquiring minds want to know :) I too have a fetish for audio and pocket knives. Got to open new boxes somehow right :)
Proud owner of BM 710, 806, 690, and 551 :)post #10073 of 1844512/14/12 at 9:25ampost #10074 of 1844512/14/12 at 11:05am
Model 51 Balisong.post #10075 of 1844512/14/12 at 11:12ampost #10076 of 1844512/14/12 at 11:18amQuote:
That cablepost #10077 of 1844512/14/12 at 11:20ampost #10078 of 1844512/14/12 at 11:27ampost #10079 of 1844512/14/12 at 11:30ampost #10080 of 1844512/14/12 at 11:30amQuote:
Brilliant, I just love that amp! Perfect 650 set up. The clean and dynamic CA dac (my dad's got the same), powerful tube amp and silver cable, sorted.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Best portable amp under 150? 10 seconds ago
- › HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated 21 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 23 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Studio Monitor Subwoofer 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 1 minute ago
- › Burn in 2 minutes ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Objective 2 (O2) Desktop Amps 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)