- 20,623 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 8/23/11 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 3/28/11 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 3/24/13 at 7:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 2/6/13 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Edited on 8/18/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
very relax sounding IEM, great for relaxing, fit is awkward if u have small ears, accessories are tons but most are useless, tape mod is good! Recommended
I bought these back in October and have only been able to enjoy them in the last couple of weeks (i.e. from late April 2013 after ordering in October 2012). I can't stress enough how important it...
Based in the reviews I read here I purchased the SR80i last July 2012. I thought they were way to bright, or as someone else said "ice picks" in the ears. I thought perhaps I needed an amp - and...
One channel of my Denon 250 pre-amp/amp set failed several times per listening session. So I bought the SMSL SA-98 in Hong Kong for a mere € 98,99 including transport. The trip from Hong Kong to...
Introduction First, I’d like to thank the folks at HiSoundAudio for sending me a sample of the Wooduo 2 in ear monitors for review. HiSoundAudio is a Chinese based headphone and earphone...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 670post #10036 of 1352912/8/12 at 1:05pmDude three threads is TOO MANY to post that same exact question, and this is a PICTURE thread! BTW I responded in one of the others.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10037 of 1352912/8/12 at 1:07pmpost #10038 of 1352912/8/12 at 1:17pmQuote:I know..read my last line..this is not my normal way of posting..u know me guys..copy-paste actions thats not me...but am desperate..this looks like a good deal and the guy needs cash fast..
Anyway..Thanks for ur advice guys..and my apologies about posting the same question..
In seconds thoughts i found it smarter to just delete that question from here alltogether as ur right! .once again..thanks!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/8/12 at 1:20pmpost #10039 of 1352912/8/12 at 3:41pm
Being a year late, mind me asking what is the DT990 like with leather pads instead of the velour.post #10040 of 1352912/10/12 at 10:16ampost #10041 of 1352912/10/12 at 10:43ampost #10042 of 1352912/10/12 at 12:47pm
Alright, I have to post my work setup now. Has a Meier in it, of course :)
At home I have a better set of headphones and a better amp; same DAC though.
Note how I color-coordinate foobar to the Meier LED
I also stopped using the iMod as I have the DACport LX, and instead use a 1TB USB3.0 Seagate drive to hold my music
Edited by Avi - 12/10/12 at 12:50pmpost #10043 of 1352912/12/12 at 10:00ampost #10044 of 1352912/12/12 at 10:27ampost #10045 of 1352912/12/12 at 12:12pmQuote:
Same here. The K550 is one sexy headphone, but has been too controversial for me to buy a pair for myself just yet, especially based on my mixed experiences with their previous offerings.post #10046 of 1352912/12/12 at 2:05pm
Yeah I've read that they are pretty hit and miss for people, also considering their size. I had a hard time with pulling the trigger, but I am very happy with them which has the unfortunate side effect that my Hd598 don't get much use anymorepost #10047 of 1352912/12/12 at 2:14pm
man, honestly once you hit that level. LCD2, HE-500, HD-800, HE-6 it's THE endgame other than stax; all of them have such similar levels of detail and presentation it really turns into a preference game rather than an objectively superior game.post #10048 of 1352912/12/12 at 2:50pm
Meet typical head-fier: 4 310 $ humble setup.
yes I did calculate the sum of everything on the desk, in Australian pricespost #10049 of 1352912/12/12 at 2:56pmpost #10050 of 1352912/12/12 at 3:03pmQuote:
I agree, the K550s are beautiful looking in pics...same with the 701/702 and most of the other AKG pics I've seen...I really wanted to like them dammit! lol
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Quad "Q", a throrough (and long) review 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 5 minutes ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 6 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 7 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 8 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by lepermessiah
- › FiiO E09K by Bonavon Vovo
- › Aurisonics ASG-1 Rev 1.3 by kyuuketsuki
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by sunnyape
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe