- 21,525 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 670post #10036 of 1947512/8/12 at 1:05pmDude three threads is TOO MANY to post that same exact question, and this is a PICTURE thread! BTW I responded in one of the others.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10037 of 1947512/8/12 at 1:07pmpost #10038 of 1947512/8/12 at 1:17pmQuote:I know..read my last line..this is not my normal way of posting..u know me guys..copy-paste actions thats not me...but am desperate..this looks like a good deal and the guy needs cash fast..
Anyway..Thanks for ur advice guys..and my apologies about posting the same question..
In seconds thoughts i found it smarter to just delete that question from here alltogether as ur right! .once again..thanks!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/8/12 at 1:20pmpost #10039 of 1947512/8/12 at 3:41pm
Being a year late, mind me asking what is the DT990 like with leather pads instead of the velour.post #10040 of 1947512/10/12 at 10:16ampost #10041 of 1947512/10/12 at 10:43ampost #10042 of 1947512/10/12 at 12:47pm
Alright, I have to post my work setup now. Has a Meier in it, of course :)
At home I have a better set of headphones and a better amp; same DAC though.
Note how I color-coordinate foobar to the Meier LED
I also stopped using the iMod as I have the DACport LX, and instead use a 1TB USB3.0 Seagate drive to hold my music
Edited by Avi - 12/10/12 at 12:50pmpost #10043 of 1947512/12/12 at 10:00ampost #10044 of 1947512/12/12 at 10:27ampost #10045 of 1947512/12/12 at 12:12pmQuote:
Same here. The K550 is one sexy headphone, but has been too controversial for me to buy a pair for myself just yet, especially based on my mixed experiences with their previous offerings.post #10046 of 1947512/12/12 at 2:05pm
Yeah I've read that they are pretty hit and miss for people, also considering their size. I had a hard time with pulling the trigger, but I am very happy with them which has the unfortunate side effect that my Hd598 don't get much use anymorepost #10047 of 1947512/12/12 at 2:14pm
man, honestly once you hit that level. LCD2, HE-500, HD-800, HE-6 it's THE endgame other than stax; all of them have such similar levels of detail and presentation it really turns into a preference game rather than an objectively superior game.post #10048 of 1947512/12/12 at 2:50pm
Meet typical head-fier: 4 310 $ humble setup.
yes I did calculate the sum of everything on the desk, in Australian pricespost #10049 of 1947512/12/12 at 2:56pmpost #10050 of 1947512/12/12 at 3:03pmQuote:
I agree, the K550s are beautiful looking in pics...same with the 701/702 and most of the other AKG pics I've seen...I really wanted to like them dammit! lol
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 2 seconds ago
- › Nad D Range 33 seconds ago
- › What does the HD700 sound like? 49 seconds ago
- › Eddie Current Super 7 Tube Amp-Very Good Condition--$1,350 +... 52 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83, half year old. 5 minutes ago
- › Musical DAC, Flat DAC ,,,,,,what??!!!! 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 9 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3