- 21,338 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 670post #10036 of 1848212/8/12 at 1:05pmDude three threads is TOO MANY to post that same exact question, and this is a PICTURE thread! BTW I responded in one of the others.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10037 of 1848212/8/12 at 1:07pmpost #10038 of 1848212/8/12 at 1:17pmQuote:I know..read my last line..this is not my normal way of posting..u know me guys..copy-paste actions thats not me...but am desperate..this looks like a good deal and the guy needs cash fast..
Anyway..Thanks for ur advice guys..and my apologies about posting the same question..
In seconds thoughts i found it smarter to just delete that question from here alltogether as ur right! .once again..thanks!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/8/12 at 1:20pmpost #10039 of 1848212/8/12 at 3:41pm
Being a year late, mind me asking what is the DT990 like with leather pads instead of the velour.post #10040 of 1848212/10/12 at 10:16ampost #10041 of 1848212/10/12 at 10:43ampost #10042 of 1848212/10/12 at 12:47pm
Alright, I have to post my work setup now. Has a Meier in it, of course :)
At home I have a better set of headphones and a better amp; same DAC though.
Note how I color-coordinate foobar to the Meier LED
I also stopped using the iMod as I have the DACport LX, and instead use a 1TB USB3.0 Seagate drive to hold my music
Edited by Avi - 12/10/12 at 12:50pmpost #10043 of 1848212/12/12 at 10:00ampost #10044 of 1848212/12/12 at 10:27ampost #10045 of 1848212/12/12 at 12:12pmQuote:
Same here. The K550 is one sexy headphone, but has been too controversial for me to buy a pair for myself just yet, especially based on my mixed experiences with their previous offerings.post #10046 of 1848212/12/12 at 2:05pm
Yeah I've read that they are pretty hit and miss for people, also considering their size. I had a hard time with pulling the trigger, but I am very happy with them which has the unfortunate side effect that my Hd598 don't get much use anymorepost #10047 of 1848212/12/12 at 2:14pm
man, honestly once you hit that level. LCD2, HE-500, HD-800, HE-6 it's THE endgame other than stax; all of them have such similar levels of detail and presentation it really turns into a preference game rather than an objectively superior game.post #10048 of 1848212/12/12 at 2:50pm
Meet typical head-fier: 4 310 $ humble setup.
yes I did calculate the sum of everything on the desk, in Australian pricespost #10049 of 1848212/12/12 at 2:56pmpost #10050 of 1848212/12/12 at 3:03pmQuote:
I agree, the K550s are beautiful looking in pics...same with the 701/702 and most of the other AKG pics I've seen...I really wanted to like them dammit! lol
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Ear Pads Thread 34 seconds ago
- › What headphones to get? 1 minute ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two... 3 minutes ago
- › Very specific, semi-basshead cans required 3 minutes ago
- › Divine Moments in Music 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)