- 21,370 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 670post #10036 of 1866912/8/12 at 1:05pmDude three threads is TOO MANY to post that same exact question, and this is a PICTURE thread! BTW I responded in one of the others.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10037 of 1866912/8/12 at 1:07pmpost #10038 of 1866912/8/12 at 1:17pmQuote:I know..read my last line..this is not my normal way of posting..u know me guys..copy-paste actions thats not me...but am desperate..this looks like a good deal and the guy needs cash fast..
Anyway..Thanks for ur advice guys..and my apologies about posting the same question..
In seconds thoughts i found it smarter to just delete that question from here alltogether as ur right! .once again..thanks!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/8/12 at 1:20pmpost #10039 of 1866912/8/12 at 3:41pm
Being a year late, mind me asking what is the DT990 like with leather pads instead of the velour.post #10040 of 1866912/10/12 at 10:16ampost #10041 of 1866912/10/12 at 10:43ampost #10042 of 1866912/10/12 at 12:47pm
Alright, I have to post my work setup now. Has a Meier in it, of course :)
At home I have a better set of headphones and a better amp; same DAC though.
Note how I color-coordinate foobar to the Meier LED
I also stopped using the iMod as I have the DACport LX, and instead use a 1TB USB3.0 Seagate drive to hold my music
Edited by Avi - 12/10/12 at 12:50pmpost #10043 of 1866912/12/12 at 10:00ampost #10044 of 1866912/12/12 at 10:27ampost #10045 of 1866912/12/12 at 12:12pmQuote:
Same here. The K550 is one sexy headphone, but has been too controversial for me to buy a pair for myself just yet, especially based on my mixed experiences with their previous offerings.post #10046 of 1866912/12/12 at 2:05pm
Yeah I've read that they are pretty hit and miss for people, also considering their size. I had a hard time with pulling the trigger, but I am very happy with them which has the unfortunate side effect that my Hd598 don't get much use anymorepost #10047 of 1866912/12/12 at 2:14pm
man, honestly once you hit that level. LCD2, HE-500, HD-800, HE-6 it's THE endgame other than stax; all of them have such similar levels of detail and presentation it really turns into a preference game rather than an objectively superior game.post #10048 of 1866912/12/12 at 2:50pm
Meet typical head-fier: 4 310 $ humble setup.
yes I did calculate the sum of everything on the desk, in Australian pricespost #10049 of 1866912/12/12 at 2:56pmpost #10050 of 1866912/12/12 at 3:03pmQuote:
I agree, the K550s are beautiful looking in pics...same with the 701/702 and most of the other AKG pics I've seen...I really wanted to like them dammit! lol
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › The need for amplifiers 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)