Is the Sj33 that bad? I was thinking of buying them, they look good to me...
- productAudio Technica ATH-SJ55 BK BLACK| Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/11
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- replacing or not audio thecnica chk100? Last post on 10/3/11 at 4:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica CK100 Review Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fake Audio Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 6/4/12 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for budget IEM Last post on 8/4/11 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice on Klipsch Image S4 VS. Audio Technica CKP300 Last post on 7/23/11 at 2:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction – The first Soundlink Mini was quite an important product in the portable Bluetooth speaker landscape, it was one of the first speakers to use two opposing passive radiators and also...
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
ATH-SJ11 or ATH-SJ33 or ATH-SJ55 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't say that it was bad, but it doesn't excel in portability like the SJ11 or in sound like the SJ55. I would recommend it if the SJ55 was out of the person's price range and didn't mind a slightly less portable can. They sound good, but the SJ55 sounds better and looks the same. For my money I'd rather put it in a better can, and they don't even cost that much more than the SJ33s either. The biggest difference (for me) is in the highs, which seem so much more crisp on the SJ55s when compared to the SJ33s. None of the three have really fantastic bass. That is not to say the bass is bad. It is nice and punchy, and sounds good enough, but lacks the power I am used to from other cans.
Well i usually listen to classic or rock music... So from what you are saying the SJ55 are more along the line of those genres no? Or can the SJ33 also be good at these types of music? Sry for asking too much, but i'm kind of a newbie :).
Edited by Christo4 - 5/4/11 at 12:41pm
I'd say yes, because the highs are more crisp and clean. On 33s you can hear some distortion in the higher notes, that the 55s don't have. It bothers me personally, but I'm not sure about you. Perhaps you won't even hear the same things I did. Everyone hears differently. I'd always recommend the 55s over the 33s, and the 11s if you want portability. Again, if the 55s are out of your price range, the 33s will perform admirably, and will be almost as good for those genres. The highs may leave something to be desired, but again that is only from my experience.
Mike from Headfonia made a brief comparison in the comments section of his mini-review: Audio Technica’s Entry Level Trio: SJ11, SJ33, and SJ55 | Headfonia
Glad you are enjoying them. I'm a big fan of them. I'd buy them if I needed a sub $100 pair of cans for portable, but for now my HJE900s and TMA-1s are doing nicely for my purposes.
Yes, that is indeed the case, but the SJ11 is a bit more portable than the SJ33 and SJ55. Also, if you are familiar with those models, just assume that they greatly improved on those original models. Because they did. I have heard both and the 11,33, and 55 are all superior to their older counterparts.
- ATH-SJ11 or ATH-SJ33 or ATH-SJ55
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 22 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 6 minutes ago
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse