Is the Sj33 that bad? I was thinking of buying them, they look good to me...
- productAudio Technica ATH-SJ55 BK BLACK| Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/11
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- replacing or not audio thecnica chk100? Last post on 10/3/11 at 4:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica CK100 Review Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fake Audio Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 6/4/12 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for budget IEM Last post on 8/4/11 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice on Klipsch Image S4 VS. Audio Technica CKP300 Last post on 7/23/11 at 2:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
ATH-SJ11 or ATH-SJ33 or ATH-SJ55 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't say that it was bad, but it doesn't excel in portability like the SJ11 or in sound like the SJ55. I would recommend it if the SJ55 was out of the person's price range and didn't mind a slightly less portable can. They sound good, but the SJ55 sounds better and looks the same. For my money I'd rather put it in a better can, and they don't even cost that much more than the SJ33s either. The biggest difference (for me) is in the highs, which seem so much more crisp on the SJ55s when compared to the SJ33s. None of the three have really fantastic bass. That is not to say the bass is bad. It is nice and punchy, and sounds good enough, but lacks the power I am used to from other cans.
Well i usually listen to classic or rock music... So from what you are saying the SJ55 are more along the line of those genres no? Or can the SJ33 also be good at these types of music? Sry for asking too much, but i'm kind of a newbie :).
Edited by Christo4 - 5/4/11 at 12:41pm
I'd say yes, because the highs are more crisp and clean. On 33s you can hear some distortion in the higher notes, that the 55s don't have. It bothers me personally, but I'm not sure about you. Perhaps you won't even hear the same things I did. Everyone hears differently. I'd always recommend the 55s over the 33s, and the 11s if you want portability. Again, if the 55s are out of your price range, the 33s will perform admirably, and will be almost as good for those genres. The highs may leave something to be desired, but again that is only from my experience.
- Trader Feedback: +55
Flips free review samples, and profits at the
expense of fellow Head-Fiers (like yourself)
- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
Mike from Headfonia made a brief comparison in the comments section of his mini-review: Audio Technica’s Entry Level Trio: SJ11, SJ33, and SJ55 | Headfonia
Glad you are enjoying them. I'm a big fan of them. I'd buy them if I needed a sub $100 pair of cans for portable, but for now my HJE900s and TMA-1s are doing nicely for my purposes.
Yes, that is indeed the case, but the SJ11 is a bit more portable than the SJ33 and SJ55. Also, if you are familiar with those models, just assume that they greatly improved on those original models. Because they did. I have heard both and the 11,33, and 55 are all superior to their older counterparts.
- ATH-SJ11 or ATH-SJ33 or ATH-SJ55
- › Tea-Fi? 15 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 34 seconds ago
- › Shure SE215! WITH FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING! 35 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone-palooza shoot-out! 8 cans reviewed here! 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)