Is the Sj33 that bad? I was thinking of buying them, they look good to me...
- productAudio Technica ATH-SJ55 BK BLACK| Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/11
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- replacing or not audio thecnica chk100? Last post on 10/3/11 at 4:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica CK100 Review Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fake Audio Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 6/4/12 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for budget IEM Last post on 8/4/11 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice on Klipsch Image S4 VS. Audio Technica CKP300 Last post on 7/23/11 at 2:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
ATH-SJ11 or ATH-SJ33 or ATH-SJ55 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't say that it was bad, but it doesn't excel in portability like the SJ11 or in sound like the SJ55. I would recommend it if the SJ55 was out of the person's price range and didn't mind a slightly less portable can. They sound good, but the SJ55 sounds better and looks the same. For my money I'd rather put it in a better can, and they don't even cost that much more than the SJ33s either. The biggest difference (for me) is in the highs, which seem so much more crisp on the SJ55s when compared to the SJ33s. None of the three have really fantastic bass. That is not to say the bass is bad. It is nice and punchy, and sounds good enough, but lacks the power I am used to from other cans.
Well i usually listen to classic or rock music... So from what you are saying the SJ55 are more along the line of those genres no? Or can the SJ33 also be good at these types of music? Sry for asking too much, but i'm kind of a newbie :).
Edited by Christo4 - 5/4/11 at 12:41pm
I'd say yes, because the highs are more crisp and clean. On 33s you can hear some distortion in the higher notes, that the 55s don't have. It bothers me personally, but I'm not sure about you. Perhaps you won't even hear the same things I did. Everyone hears differently. I'd always recommend the 55s over the 33s, and the 11s if you want portability. Again, if the 55s are out of your price range, the 33s will perform admirably, and will be almost as good for those genres. The highs may leave something to be desired, but again that is only from my experience.
Mike from Headfonia made a brief comparison in the comments section of his mini-review: Audio Technica’s Entry Level Trio: SJ11, SJ33, and SJ55 | Headfonia
Glad you are enjoying them. I'm a big fan of them. I'd buy them if I needed a sub $100 pair of cans for portable, but for now my HJE900s and TMA-1s are doing nicely for my purposes.
Yes, that is indeed the case, but the SJ11 is a bit more portable than the SJ33 and SJ55. Also, if you are familiar with those models, just assume that they greatly improved on those original models. Because they did. I have heard both and the 11,33, and 55 are all superior to their older counterparts.
- ATH-SJ11 or ATH-SJ33 or ATH-SJ55
- › DAC/Amp Recommendations 12 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 16 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)