Is the Sj33 that bad? I was thinking of buying them, they look good to me...
- productAudio Technica ATH-SJ55 BK BLACK| Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 6/6/11
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- replacing or not audio thecnica chk100? Last post on 10/3/11 at 4:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica CK100 Review Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fake Audio Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 6/4/12 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for budget IEM Last post on 8/4/11 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice on Klipsch Image S4 VS. Audio Technica CKP300 Last post on 7/23/11 at 2:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
ATH-SJ11 or ATH-SJ33 or ATH-SJ55 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't say that it was bad, but it doesn't excel in portability like the SJ11 or in sound like the SJ55. I would recommend it if the SJ55 was out of the person's price range and didn't mind a slightly less portable can. They sound good, but the SJ55 sounds better and looks the same. For my money I'd rather put it in a better can, and they don't even cost that much more than the SJ33s either. The biggest difference (for me) is in the highs, which seem so much more crisp on the SJ55s when compared to the SJ33s. None of the three have really fantastic bass. That is not to say the bass is bad. It is nice and punchy, and sounds good enough, but lacks the power I am used to from other cans.
Well i usually listen to classic or rock music... So from what you are saying the SJ55 are more along the line of those genres no? Or can the SJ33 also be good at these types of music? Sry for asking too much, but i'm kind of a newbie :).
Edited by Christo4 - 5/4/11 at 12:41pm
I'd say yes, because the highs are more crisp and clean. On 33s you can hear some distortion in the higher notes, that the 55s don't have. It bothers me personally, but I'm not sure about you. Perhaps you won't even hear the same things I did. Everyone hears differently. I'd always recommend the 55s over the 33s, and the 11s if you want portability. Again, if the 55s are out of your price range, the 33s will perform admirably, and will be almost as good for those genres. The highs may leave something to be desired, but again that is only from my experience.
Mike from Headfonia made a brief comparison in the comments section of his mini-review: Audio Technica’s Entry Level Trio: SJ11, SJ33, and SJ55 | Headfonia
Glad you are enjoying them. I'm a big fan of them. I'd buy them if I needed a sub $100 pair of cans for portable, but for now my HJE900s and TMA-1s are doing nicely for my purposes.
Yes, that is indeed the case, but the SJ11 is a bit more portable than the SJ33 and SJ55. Also, if you are familiar with those models, just assume that they greatly improved on those original models. Because they did. I have heard both and the 11,33, and 55 are all superior to their older counterparts.
- ATH-SJ11 or ATH-SJ33 or ATH-SJ55
- › PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? 21 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 21 seconds ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 48 seconds ago
- › LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs ) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Mezzo Hifi - New AK120/AK100 Mods (WM8741 in software mode) 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Over-ear headphones for about $150 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2