Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › CONFUSION! SE 425/ Munitio 9MM/ Monster Turbine Pro!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CONFUSION! SE 425/ Munitio 9MM/ Monster Turbine Pro!

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

I've been struggling on what I want, EXTREMELY clear tremble/highs and such and good bass with the SE425, or HEADSHAKING bass with the 9MM/ MTP!

Could I just use my Fiio E5 and up the bass up on the SE 425, would the bass be distorted and muddy?

I mainly listen to hiphop, rap, rnb, dubstep, and once in awhile, classical.

Has anyone ever compared these three different headphones? How do the tremble/highs/lows compare to the SE425 for the 9MM and the MTP? Is the bass sastifying enough for the bass heavy music I listen to in the SE425? D:

FFFFFFFFFF, there's endless possibilities in headphones! ASDASFASDASFSA

(i'm using an ipod touch 3rd gen 32gb with a Fiio E5!)

ALSSSSSSSSOOOOOOO, the supertips from monster probably aren't compatible with the SE425 and the 9MM, correct? =O

I'm still an amateur at this stuff, my apologies to all you pro audiophiles out there (x
 

post #2 of 12

Monster includes small red adaptors to make the supertips fit on iems with smaller nozzles like shures and westones. They work just fine.

 

You probably wont be satisfied with the se425 if you listen to a lot of bass heavy music. I personally love them, but if you're gonna spend that much you should get pair that is more satisfying for the type of music you listen to. The standard turbines are decent iems but you might want to look into the golds  as their bass might be more suited to the type of music you like. better yet look into the monster turbine miles davis edition. They are the top of the line turbines (price wise anyways) and they offer a really good balance better clarity and bass. They normally go for $400 plus retail but monster is running a special on their website where they are selling them for 300 and sites like amazon have matched that price.

 

cant speak on the 9mm.


Edited by kameltow83 - 12/19/10 at 8:03am
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Icic. Have you ever tried to enhance the bass on your se425? If so, was the bass muddy or distorted?

and I saw that detail on their website but I sadly live in CANADAAAA D:

Also, do you know any websites that sell the supertips in Canada? =o
post #4 of 12
I live in Canada too, and I see SuperTips at Best Buy all the time.
If you have a player with a good enough EQ, you can definitely enhance the bass on the SE425s. Been doing that to my SE210s and SE110s for years, and I get almost MT level bass without losing the clarity.

I'll be picking up my SE425s when the Headphone Bar gets them in. smily_headphones1.gif
post #5 of 12

Ive listen to them amped including with the e5 and while it increases the bass a bit, they still dont give that head thumping sound. 

 

Sorry i can't help you on where to find them in the great white north. I did a quick search on amazon.ca and monsters canadian site and from what i found you guys are sadly limited in what they have available for sale compared to whats is available in the us. You might try posting a thread on where to find a good audio/electronic store in canada on these boards as there are many very knowledgable head-fi'ers from canada here who might be able to point you in the right direction.

 

Another option may be to use services that will ship you items that are only available in the us (or whatever country that the sale of the goods are limited to) internationally. They charge a fee to essentially accept the shipment of the goods and then ship it to you. It may be more expensive or a hassle than it worth, but it is an option. sorry i cant think of the name of them off the top of my head but if you use the search function that info should be easy to find.

 

Edit: As per dr atrocious' suggestion, try best buy.


Edited by kameltow83 - 12/19/10 at 1:00pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr-Atrocious View Post

I live in Canada too, and I see SuperTips at Best Buy all the time.
If you have a player with a good enough EQ, you can definitely enhance the bass on the SE425s. Been doing that to my SE210s and SE110s for years, and I get almost MT level bass without losing the clarity.

I'll be picking up my SE425s when the Headphone Bar gets them in. smily_headphones1.gif


Dr atrocious,

Out of curiosity, what type of player are you using? I enjoy the mid range in both 110 and the 210  especially for audiobooks/podcasts but i never seem to get bass past anything more than noticeable from the stock anemic when i try bass boosting methods before it ultimately gets muddy. Granted i usually use an idevice but also have a sony dap and a sanza clip and had some cowan players in the past.

post #7 of 12
I'm using a Samsung P3 because I'm a huge fan of the DNSe sound engine.
I have my custom DNSe settings so that the bass is even more accentuated - the bass on these are fine but listening to Deadmau5 with my EQ settings, it's the equivalent of overclocking your PC to run at 300 horsepower. Yes, I know that doesn't make sense.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kameltow83 View Post

Monster includes small red adaptors to make the supertips fit on iems with smaller nozzles like shures and westones. They work just fine.

 

You probably wont be satisfied with the se425 if you listen to a lot of bass heavy music. I personally love them, but if you're gonna spend that much you should get pair that is more satisfying for the type of music you listen to. The standard turbines are decent iems but you might want to look into the golds  as their bass might be more suited to the type of music you like. better yet look into the monster turbine miles davis edition. They are the top of the line turbines (price wise anyways) and they offer a really good balance better clarity and bass. They normally go for $400 plus retail but monster is running a special on their website where they are selling them for 300 and sites like amazon have matched that price.

 

cant speak on the 9mm.


does the foam and super tips sampler pack include the adapters? might just try them out with my westones since I find the sound better with comply tips but i simply can't afford to pay the premium

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowings View Post

does the foam and super tips sampler pack include the adapters? might just try them out with my westones since I find the sound better with comply tips but i simply can't afford to pay the premium


They do. They come in two small ziplock bags and are rolled together and taped to keep them rolled. they are with the warranty/catalog/other literature so be careful not to accidentally throw them away when you throw away the packaging.

post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the help (x
I've bought the miles Davis from jr.com for $340 including shipping. I consider it a STEEAAAL <3
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoholicVu View Post

Thanks for the help (x
I've bought the miles Davis from jr.com for $340 including shipping. I consider it a STEEAAAL <3


amazon has the MD's at $299.99 right now, might wanna return those to JR

post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 

Well, I live in Canada, and Amazon.com doesn't ship to Canada. 
The Amazon.ca price is $480 and Jr.com ships to Canada too aha. I felt so godly when I found a site that has the $300 price and ships to canada LOL

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › CONFUSION! SE 425/ Munitio 9MM/ Monster Turbine Pro!