If it's mainly for gaming go with a surround sound headset? Lol
Related Forum Threads
- Next step onto bigger and better sound Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50s or HD 518?? Last post on 10/1/11 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770/80? (Currently have ATH-M50) Last post on 7/19/11 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Headphone "Jewels"? Last post on 6/26/11 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-A700 Vs. ATH-A900 Vs. ATH M50 Vs. HD555 Vs. Xd53 Vs.Grato Prestige Last post on 1/4/13 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Is the soundstage on M50s good enough for FPS gaming? (Torn between HD555s and M50s) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2712/19/10 at 12:59pmThread Starterpost #18 of 2712/19/10 at 1:11pm
i use my akg240s for gaming and movies as well and i find'em position very well with a great detailed soundstage but i never tried'em straight out of soundcard yet. i use my sansui amp with'em. they might be 55-ohm but seem to scale pretty well with amplifications.
AD700 i never used so i can't say but i pc game here and there and lot of people online into pc gaming rave about'em all the time and prefer it over the hd555's.post #19 of 2712/19/10 at 1:13pm
yea. i had experience from multiple surround headsets and they aren't very good. only one i liked and thought was pretty good is the turtle beach hpa2.post #20 of 2712/19/10 at 1:14pm
The AD700 wow's people with its massive soundstage, which ends up being larger than the game, so things are too far apart. The 555 has 95% of the positional accuracy of the AD700, but with added bass and more realistic soundstage.post #21 of 2712/19/10 at 3:56pmpost #22 of 2712/19/10 at 4:18pm
A soundcard/DAC like the Creative X-Fi (CMSS-3D) or Astro Mixamp will produce virtual 5.1 surround sound on any regular set of stereo headphones. Even with crappy ear buds. The game you are playing must support 5.1 sound for it to work properly though.
My understanding is that pairing that with headphones that have good soundstage makes it even more effective.post #23 of 2712/19/10 at 4:19pmpost #24 of 2712/19/10 at 4:36pmpost #25 of 2712/19/10 at 7:38pm
The HD 555s will blow you away for movies and games. The first time I poped em on me and my nephew played some call of duty, he fired the 50. cal and it actually startled me a little. They also sound great for movies too, especially in blue-ray.post #26 of 2712/19/10 at 7:47pm
- Is the soundstage on M50s good enough for FPS gaming? (Torn between HD555s and M50s)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Vintage Flex Fountain Pens BUY 1 GET 1 FREE 39 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 41 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › How many of you have tinnitus? 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 90th Anniversary 5 minutes ago
- › Been a lurker for a while... 10 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)