If it's mainly for gaming go with a surround sound headset? Lol
Related Forum Threads
- Next step onto bigger and better sound Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50s or HD 518?? Last post on 10/1/11 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770/80? (Currently have ATH-M50) Last post on 7/19/11 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Headphone "Jewels"? Last post on 6/26/11 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-A700 Vs. ATH-A900 Vs. ATH M50 Vs. HD555 Vs. Xd53 Vs.Grato Prestige Last post on 1/4/13 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Is the soundstage on M50s good enough for FPS gaming? (Torn between HD555s and M50s) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2712/19/10 at 12:59pmThread Starterpost #18 of 2712/19/10 at 1:11pm
i use my akg240s for gaming and movies as well and i find'em position very well with a great detailed soundstage but i never tried'em straight out of soundcard yet. i use my sansui amp with'em. they might be 55-ohm but seem to scale pretty well with amplifications.
AD700 i never used so i can't say but i pc game here and there and lot of people online into pc gaming rave about'em all the time and prefer it over the hd555's.post #19 of 2712/19/10 at 1:13pm
yea. i had experience from multiple surround headsets and they aren't very good. only one i liked and thought was pretty good is the turtle beach hpa2.post #20 of 2712/19/10 at 1:14pm
The AD700 wow's people with its massive soundstage, which ends up being larger than the game, so things are too far apart. The 555 has 95% of the positional accuracy of the AD700, but with added bass and more realistic soundstage.post #21 of 2712/19/10 at 3:56pmpost #22 of 2712/19/10 at 4:18pm
A soundcard/DAC like the Creative X-Fi (CMSS-3D) or Astro Mixamp will produce virtual 5.1 surround sound on any regular set of stereo headphones. Even with crappy ear buds. The game you are playing must support 5.1 sound for it to work properly though.
My understanding is that pairing that with headphones that have good soundstage makes it even more effective.post #23 of 2712/19/10 at 4:19pmpost #24 of 2712/19/10 at 4:36pmpost #25 of 2712/19/10 at 7:38pm
The HD 555s will blow you away for movies and games. The first time I poped em on me and my nephew played some call of duty, he fired the 50. cal and it actually startled me a little. They also sound great for movies too, especially in blue-ray.post #26 of 2712/19/10 at 7:47pm
- Is the soundstage on M50s good enough for FPS gaming? (Torn between HD555s and M50s)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: T-PEOS Altone 200 Review!) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit Classic First Look - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 8 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 8 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 10 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)