If it's mainly for gaming go with a surround sound headset? Lol
Related Forum Threads
- Next step onto bigger and better sound Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50s or HD 518?? Last post on 10/1/11 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770/80? (Currently have ATH-M50) Last post on 7/19/11 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Headphone "Jewels"? Last post on 6/26/11 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-A700 Vs. ATH-A900 Vs. ATH M50 Vs. HD555 Vs. Xd53 Vs.Grato Prestige Last post on 1/4/13 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Is the soundstage on M50s good enough for FPS gaming? (Torn between HD555s and M50s) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2712/19/10 at 12:59pmThread Starterpost #18 of 2712/19/10 at 1:11pm
i use my akg240s for gaming and movies as well and i find'em position very well with a great detailed soundstage but i never tried'em straight out of soundcard yet. i use my sansui amp with'em. they might be 55-ohm but seem to scale pretty well with amplifications.
AD700 i never used so i can't say but i pc game here and there and lot of people online into pc gaming rave about'em all the time and prefer it over the hd555's.post #19 of 2712/19/10 at 1:13pm
yea. i had experience from multiple surround headsets and they aren't very good. only one i liked and thought was pretty good is the turtle beach hpa2.post #20 of 2712/19/10 at 1:14pm
The AD700 wow's people with its massive soundstage, which ends up being larger than the game, so things are too far apart. The 555 has 95% of the positional accuracy of the AD700, but with added bass and more realistic soundstage.post #21 of 2712/19/10 at 3:56pmpost #22 of 2712/19/10 at 4:18pm
A soundcard/DAC like the Creative X-Fi (CMSS-3D) or Astro Mixamp will produce virtual 5.1 surround sound on any regular set of stereo headphones. Even with crappy ear buds. The game you are playing must support 5.1 sound for it to work properly though.
My understanding is that pairing that with headphones that have good soundstage makes it even more effective.post #23 of 2712/19/10 at 4:19pmpost #24 of 2712/19/10 at 4:36pmpost #25 of 2712/19/10 at 7:38pm
The HD 555s will blow you away for movies and games. The first time I poped em on me and my nephew played some call of duty, he fired the 50. cal and it actually startled me a little. They also sound great for movies too, especially in blue-ray.post #26 of 2712/19/10 at 7:47pm
- Is the soundstage on M50s good enough for FPS gaming? (Torn between HD555s and M50s)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 13 seconds ago
- › FS - Soundblaster E5, like new 44 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 52 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 55 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 56 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3