If it's mainly for gaming go with a surround sound headset? Lol
Related Forum Threads
- Next step onto bigger and better sound Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50s or HD 518?? Last post on 10/1/11 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770/80? (Currently have ATH-M50) Last post on 7/19/11 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Headphone "Jewels"? Last post on 6/26/11 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-A700 Vs. ATH-A900 Vs. ATH M50 Vs. HD555 Vs. Xd53 Vs.Grato Prestige Last post on 1/4/13 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Is the soundstage on M50s good enough for FPS gaming? (Torn between HD555s and M50s) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2712/19/10 at 12:59pmThread Starterpost #18 of 2712/19/10 at 1:11pm
i use my akg240s for gaming and movies as well and i find'em position very well with a great detailed soundstage but i never tried'em straight out of soundcard yet. i use my sansui amp with'em. they might be 55-ohm but seem to scale pretty well with amplifications.
AD700 i never used so i can't say but i pc game here and there and lot of people online into pc gaming rave about'em all the time and prefer it over the hd555's.post #19 of 2712/19/10 at 1:13pm
yea. i had experience from multiple surround headsets and they aren't very good. only one i liked and thought was pretty good is the turtle beach hpa2.post #20 of 2712/19/10 at 1:14pm
The AD700 wow's people with its massive soundstage, which ends up being larger than the game, so things are too far apart. The 555 has 95% of the positional accuracy of the AD700, but with added bass and more realistic soundstage.post #21 of 2712/19/10 at 3:56pmpost #22 of 2712/19/10 at 4:18pm
A soundcard/DAC like the Creative X-Fi (CMSS-3D) or Astro Mixamp will produce virtual 5.1 surround sound on any regular set of stereo headphones. Even with crappy ear buds. The game you are playing must support 5.1 sound for it to work properly though.
My understanding is that pairing that with headphones that have good soundstage makes it even more effective.post #23 of 2712/19/10 at 4:19pmpost #24 of 2712/19/10 at 4:36pmpost #25 of 2712/19/10 at 7:38pm
The HD 555s will blow you away for movies and games. The first time I poped em on me and my nephew played some call of duty, he fired the 50. cal and it actually startled me a little. They also sound great for movies too, especially in blue-ray.post #26 of 2712/19/10 at 7:47pm
- Is the soundstage on M50s good enough for FPS gaming? (Torn between HD555s and M50s)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 11 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 27 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 42 seconds ago
- › Electronic music fans - Headphones discussion thread 48 seconds ago
- › What the the best versatile, 'all-rounder' headphone that you own? 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › 3rd Dubai / Middle Eastern Headphone Meet - 15th April 2016 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA22 Fully Balanced Tube Amp (Black - mint condition) 2 minutes ago
- › 1989 VS 2017............M.............E!! 3 minutes ago
- › I tried several headphones .. A bit discouraged, I am looking very... 3 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...