If it's mainly for gaming go with a surround sound headset? Lol
Related Forum Threads
- Next step onto bigger and better sound Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50s or HD 518?? Last post on 10/1/11 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770/80? (Currently have ATH-M50) Last post on 7/19/11 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Headphone "Jewels"? Last post on 6/26/11 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-A700 Vs. ATH-A900 Vs. ATH M50 Vs. HD555 Vs. Xd53 Vs.Grato Prestige Last post on 1/4/13 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Is the soundstage on M50s good enough for FPS gaming? (Torn between HD555s and M50s) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2712/19/10 at 12:59pmThread Starterpost #18 of 2712/19/10 at 1:11pm
i use my akg240s for gaming and movies as well and i find'em position very well with a great detailed soundstage but i never tried'em straight out of soundcard yet. i use my sansui amp with'em. they might be 55-ohm but seem to scale pretty well with amplifications.
AD700 i never used so i can't say but i pc game here and there and lot of people online into pc gaming rave about'em all the time and prefer it over the hd555's.post #19 of 2712/19/10 at 1:13pm
yea. i had experience from multiple surround headsets and they aren't very good. only one i liked and thought was pretty good is the turtle beach hpa2.post #20 of 2712/19/10 at 1:14pm
The AD700 wow's people with its massive soundstage, which ends up being larger than the game, so things are too far apart. The 555 has 95% of the positional accuracy of the AD700, but with added bass and more realistic soundstage.post #21 of 2712/19/10 at 3:56pmpost #22 of 2712/19/10 at 4:18pm
A soundcard/DAC like the Creative X-Fi (CMSS-3D) or Astro Mixamp will produce virtual 5.1 surround sound on any regular set of stereo headphones. Even with crappy ear buds. The game you are playing must support 5.1 sound for it to work properly though.
My understanding is that pairing that with headphones that have good soundstage makes it even more effective.post #23 of 2712/19/10 at 4:19pmpost #24 of 2712/19/10 at 4:36pmpost #25 of 2712/19/10 at 7:38pm
The HD 555s will blow you away for movies and games. The first time I poped em on me and my nephew played some call of duty, he fired the 50. cal and it actually startled me a little. They also sound great for movies too, especially in blue-ray.post #26 of 2712/19/10 at 7:47pm
- Is the soundstage on M50s good enough for FPS gaming? (Torn between HD555s and M50s)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...