New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

INTRODUCING......TWag v2!!! - Page 5  

post #61 of 111

Hey! That's great to know! : D Can't bear for something looking so gorgeous to turn green. Thanks for answering!

post #62 of 111

Just making sure, so my cable will be shipped out the first week of February (I paid on December 20)?

post #63 of 111

strand count and individual diameter(s) can have a clear impact on sound without other changes. I would be more surprised if they didn't sound different. Too many strands is generally airier but can have a bit of fur and softening with the air. Too few can sound solid but lack air. Prat comes from getting it balanced. They apparently found a mix they prefer. If it's less strands, prat should be better and it probably takes a bit longer to break in. I find it odd that this sort of thing still gets questioned. Value and if you like it is personal but differences will exist. How subtle or important is again up the the buyer.

post #64 of 111
I have to disagree mine is tarnished.
post #65 of 111

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisg View Post

I have to disagree mine is tarnished.


When you say tarnished, do you mean they has oxidized and are now dis coloured?
 

post #66 of 111
Yes on side has a green stripe. Craig said this was very rare.
post #67 of 111
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisg View Post

Yes on side has a green stripe. Craig said this was very rare.


IN fact only 2 cases....

post #68 of 111
Yea for sure not a deal breaker. The last twag cable I had never turned.
post #69 of 111

Craig (or anyone else with knowledge):  Is it possible to install an in-line mic on the TWag?  I'm planning on getting a Verizon iPhone, and I would hate having to pop out my customs every time I get a call. 

 

If it's not possible, just wondering why?  Thanks.

post #70 of 111

I have the X10i from Klipsch which have the inline mic but the plug is not the norm as it has a three connector end for the mic to work.  This seems to require a separate cable and obviously a different termination.

post #71 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj nellie View Post

Craig (or anyone else with knowledge):  Is it possible to install an in-line mic on the TWag?  I'm planning on getting a Verizon iPhone, and I would hate having to pop out my customs every time I get a call. 

 

If it's not possible, just wondering why?  Thanks.


You dont have to pop out your customs ... just listen through your ear phones and talk into the iPhone - that's what I do .... 

 

I'd be wary of adding unnecessary circuitry that might affect SQ .... especially if you're getting a TWAG, u get if for the SQ not anything else ... 

post #72 of 111
Thread Starter 

Photos of the new TWag v2 OM...

 

The sound blows me away. Really, in a different league. 

 

TWag_v2_OM_2.jpg

 

TWag_v2_OM_3.jpg

 

TWag_v2_OM.jpg

 

You can order here...

 

http://www.whiplashaudio.com/cables/whiplash-custom-cables/whiplash-elite-jha-ue-westone-iem-om-replacement-cable.html

 

Thanks!!

Craig

post #73 of 111

There are many green stripes along my TWag. LOL. This has been there since I received it.

post #74 of 111

I own some Westone UM2's and I am wondering if my dual driver IEM's would see a significant increase from the TWag v2 wire?  I am running it out of my iPhone 4 so i dont know if my source will make a huge difference.  I'm just kind of scared to spend over $325 on a cable that might make my sound only slightly better.  Any input would be appreciated.

post #75 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kounter Torque View Post

I own some Westone UM2's and I am wondering if my dual driver IEM's would see a significant increase from the TWag v2 wire?  I am running it out of my iPhone 4 so i dont know if my source will make a huge difference.  I'm just kind of scared to spend over $325 on a cable that might make my sound only slightly better.  Any input would be appreciated.


twags on my jh13s sound lovely & make more sense. i wasn't that impressed with the um2s to begin with (do they now have a replaceable cable?) so i'd recommend first getting better cans before investing in these. having more $ in cable than in the transducer, especially a less than stellar one, doesn't make a lot of sense to me, and i'm a cable guy (you'll find many vociferous anti-cable types on head-fi).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked