- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- V6's vs. 7506's Last post on 3/15/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why has amazon stopped selling the Sony MDR-V6 Last post on 1/12/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones?!? $150 limit Last post on 10/9/11 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- US$275 Budget advice: Koss Pro DJ100 vs Denon AH-D1100 vs Sony ZX700 + Amp for B'day present... Last post on 1/12/12 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King Last post on 5/23/16 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I first started with the ath a900x which i fell in love with. Recently they broke, and i did not have the money to purchases them again or the newer model. So i took a chance and got the a550z, for...
-Introduction- RHA is an interesting company. It has forged its own place within the audiophile world, making a name for itself based on the industrial design language of its products and the...
Welcome to the review of wireless + Wired High resolution in ear monitors Advanced Model 3. Disclaimer: This headphones were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
AKG K271 MKII vs. Sony MDR-7506?post #1 of 712/17/10 at 9:57pmThread StarterAnyone has thoughts on which sounds better?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 712/17/10 at 10:26pm
Definitely different! I find the 7506/v6 pretty harsh in the upper mids with some material. I notice that a lot with electric guitars and classic rock. FWIR the 271 will be smoother, but with less bass.post #3 of 72/8/14 at 2:59pmpost #4 of 72/10/14 at 1:57pmpost #5 of 78/26/14 at 8:40pmpost #6 of 79/7/14 at 11:28amQuote:
I went with K271
Not sure if I have big ears or if it's my headshape, but they clamp my ears at the tragus area after a few hours. Luckily I don't use them all day.post #7 of 712/1/14 at 8:41am
I bought the AKG K271 last week, and have had a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones since 1987 or so. (the MDR-7506 is similar design)
The K271 is way more comfortable. The Sony's are considerably heavier and the design of the earpads they get hot after extended usage. Also the auto adjustment of the AKG just makes them easier to wear. The K271 does clamp a bit hard, but I suspect this is something that will ease as they are broken in.
Sound wise... I find the K271 to have a wider soundstage and a more neutral sound. The Sony MDR-V6 is brighter, more detailed in some ways.
I really like the K271 compared to the MDR-V6.
- AKG K271 MKII vs. Sony MDR-7506?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 30 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 50 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › TEAC UD-301 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 4 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 5 minutes ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › RHA T20 by Cinder
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...