- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- V6's vs. 7506's Last post on 3/15/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why has amazon stopped selling the Sony MDR-V6 Last post on 1/12/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones?!? $150 limit Last post on 10/9/11 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- US$275 Budget advice: Koss Pro DJ100 vs Denon AH-D1100 vs Sony ZX700 + Amp for B'day present... Last post on 1/12/12 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King Last post on 10/10/16 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
BACKGROUND I enjoyed my Superlux HD-330 for several months. I always had a closed pair, an open pair, and earbuds at any given situation to cover all my needs – isolated listening, awareness of...
AKG K271 MKII vs. Sony MDR-7506?post #1 of 712/17/10 at 9:57pmThread StarterAnyone has thoughts on which sounds better?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 712/17/10 at 10:26pm
Definitely different! I find the 7506/v6 pretty harsh in the upper mids with some material. I notice that a lot with electric guitars and classic rock. FWIR the 271 will be smoother, but with less bass.post #3 of 72/8/14 at 2:59pmpost #4 of 72/10/14 at 1:57pmpost #5 of 78/26/14 at 8:40pmpost #6 of 79/7/14 at 11:28amQuote:
I went with K271
Not sure if I have big ears or if it's my headshape, but they clamp my ears at the tragus area after a few hours. Luckily I don't use them all day.post #7 of 712/1/14 at 8:41am
I bought the AKG K271 last week, and have had a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones since 1987 or so. (the MDR-7506 is similar design)
The K271 is way more comfortable. The Sony's are considerably heavier and the design of the earpads they get hot after extended usage. Also the auto adjustment of the AKG just makes them easier to wear. The K271 does clamp a bit hard, but I suspect this is something that will ease as they are broken in.
Sound wise... I find the K271 to have a wider soundstage and a more neutral sound. The Sony MDR-V6 is brighter, more detailed in some ways.
I really like the K271 compared to the MDR-V6.
- AKG K271 MKII vs. Sony MDR-7506?
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 26 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 58 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear