- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- V6's vs. 7506's Last post on 3/15/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why has amazon stopped selling the Sony MDR-V6 Last post on 1/12/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones?!? $150 limit Last post on 10/9/11 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- US$275 Budget advice: Koss Pro DJ100 vs Denon AH-D1100 vs Sony ZX700 + Amp for B'day present... Last post on 1/12/12 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King Last post on 9/13/15 at 1:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The VSD5 is the next earphone to follow up on the successful release of the very popular VSD3/VSD3s. From afar the VSD5 looks eerily similar with their older/younger brother, the VSD3/VSD3s....
Company Name: Sound Blaster Company Website: http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5 Amp Model: E5 Impedance: Low Gain: 2.2-300 Ohm, High Gain 300-600 Ohm SNR: 120dB THD:...
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
AKG K271 MKII vs. Sony MDR-7506?post #1 of 712/17/10 at 9:57pmThread StarterAnyone has thoughts on which sounds better?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 712/17/10 at 10:26pm
Definitely different! I find the 7506/v6 pretty harsh in the upper mids with some material. I notice that a lot with electric guitars and classic rock. FWIR the 271 will be smoother, but with less bass.post #3 of 72/8/14 at 2:59pmpost #4 of 72/10/14 at 1:57pmpost #5 of 78/26/14 at 8:40pmpost #6 of 79/7/14 at 11:28amQuote:
I went with K271
Not sure if I have big ears or if it's my headshape, but they clamp my ears at the tragus area after a few hours. Luckily I don't use them all day.post #7 of 712/1/14 at 8:41am
I bought the AKG K271 last week, and have had a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones since 1987 or so. (the MDR-7506 is similar design)
The K271 is way more comfortable. The Sony's are considerably heavier and the design of the earpads they get hot after extended usage. Also the auto adjustment of the AKG just makes them easier to wear. The K271 does clamp a bit hard, but I suspect this is something that will ease as they are broken in.
Sound wise... I find the K271 to have a wider soundstage and a more neutral sound. The Sony MDR-V6 is brighter, more detailed in some ways.
I really like the K271 compared to the MDR-V6.
- AKG K271 MKII vs. Sony MDR-7506?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 6 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2