- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- V6's vs. 7506's Last post on 3/15/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why has amazon stopped selling the Sony MDR-V6 Last post on 1/12/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones?!? $150 limit Last post on 10/9/11 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- US$275 Budget advice: Koss Pro DJ100 vs Denon AH-D1100 vs Sony ZX700 + Amp for B'day present... Last post on 1/12/12 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King Last post on 5/23/16 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Looks: 10 These look really good and matured in design. The carbon fiber earcups especially (when not covered in fingerprints) Can't go wrong with all black. What concerns me a little is how long...
I'm using this cable with my SMSL SD793-ii because its only option for a computer is its optical output. It does its job and for $8/6ft its worth it for sure. Overall just gives the user great...
-Introduction- HifiMe is a company that specializes in building bare-bones DAC with no frills, focusing entirely on price-to-performance ratios. That’s a good thing for audiophiles on a budget,...
-Introduction- It’s not often I have the chance to review products as high-end as the ZMF x Vibro MK II. I approached Zach in July, and asked for a loaner unit. One wasn’t readily available...
Firstly, many thanks to iFi for the loan of this amp. I am not affiliated with iFi, just a regular Head-Fi addict to happens to be lucky enough to get loan units now and again from the generous iFi...
AKG K271 MKII vs. Sony MDR-7506?post #1 of 712/17/10 at 9:57pmThread StarterAnyone has thoughts on which sounds better?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 712/17/10 at 10:26pm
Definitely different! I find the 7506/v6 pretty harsh in the upper mids with some material. I notice that a lot with electric guitars and classic rock. FWIR the 271 will be smoother, but with less bass.post #3 of 72/8/14 at 2:59pmpost #4 of 72/10/14 at 1:57pmpost #5 of 78/26/14 at 8:40pmpost #6 of 79/7/14 at 11:28amQuote:
I went with K271
Not sure if I have big ears or if it's my headshape, but they clamp my ears at the tragus area after a few hours. Luckily I don't use them all day.post #7 of 712/1/14 at 8:41am
I bought the AKG K271 last week, and have had a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones since 1987 or so. (the MDR-7506 is similar design)
The K271 is way more comfortable. The Sony's are considerably heavier and the design of the earpads they get hot after extended usage. Also the auto adjustment of the AKG just makes them easier to wear. The K271 does clamp a bit hard, but I suspect this is something that will ease as they are broken in.
Sound wise... I find the K271 to have a wider soundstage and a more neutral sound. The Sony MDR-V6 is brighter, more detailed in some ways.
I really like the K271 compared to the MDR-V6.
- AKG K271 MKII vs. Sony MDR-7506?
- Headphone Impedance
- › What's the best amp for HD800 30 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 52 seconds ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 54 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 10 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Turrican2
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Bloos
- › Arcam rHead - Discrete True-linear Class-A Analogue Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Cayin iHA-6 by Dillan
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by Dillan
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...