I think you two have confused the terms 'business' and 'charity'.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 1/14/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 4/5/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 1/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia Last post on 2/20/12 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions about Fiio E16 (E7 + E9) Last post on 5/12/11 at 9:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphone + amp for £200-250 ($350-400)? Last post on 4/29/11 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- The ideal portable source for my gear Last post on 5/18/11 at 10:00pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information. - Page 238
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They say that the fioo x3 would be similliar to fiio e17 in terms of hardware , so i think we can say that they will sound the same and it will cost below 300. I say thats good enough
Don't get me wrong I'm sad that it wount be out until summer but I guess my clip+ will have to do.
Also if they sell a DAP that that is $200 they will sell more of them. If they are at a higher price point they more will be expected. Fiio has a plan its been several years in the makeing.
@Feaio, Have you guys tested the headphone and input jacks to make sure that repetitive unplugging/plugging won't ruin them? That would kill the X3, so I was wondering.
I dont think it would be impossible to make a good sounding dap for less than $300 if most of you weren't asking for 12+ hour life battery, 128+gb of memory or an amazing led screen with album art, do you go to the moon when you all leave your houses that you need all those specs? do you listen to the music with your eyes?
If the most important thing is Sound Quality I would rather choose any company to focus in the audio quality of the player even if that means no screen or an internal memory 32 gb or even less and without any option of a SD card, something like the Tera player (I don't own one and I would not buy one for that ridiculous price I don't blame the company since from what I heard is a one man company and it's up to us if we want to buy it), just my opinion.
Exactly how I think. 8GB internal storage, SD slot, nice and small display(clip+ style), build in amp(because I hate carrying around one seperatly), and the best SQ you can fit in there without breaking a price limit of 350$.
I would buy at least 10 of these DAPs :P
Battery would have to be good enough for atleast one day listening, let's say 2 hrs of travel time and 8 hrs of work. Then you would need atleast 10 hours battery life. So that is a must. More is absolutely welcome and I'm happy to pay for that. My cowon is a relief! I have to charge it once a month or something.
Noone asks for 128gb+ capacity, we do ask for a micro usb slot, That is a cheap feature, cheaper then any built in memory capacity which enables it to add your own micro sd cards which are very cheap.
I agree on the screen, no need for a fancy screen but I'm sure FiiO made sure the screen didn't cost too much. A simple colour screen shouldn't be that expensive either.
A regular fiio e17 is $139. If the x3 is going to cost $200 dollars you'd pay 60 bucks for the ability to add as much music as you'd like, you are able to play that music :P and you have a reasonable screen which makes it easy to find what you want. It's up to you to decide whether it is worth your money or not. :)
We never said , we want it to play every music available , i believe nobody ever asked for ogg or ape since nobody ever use those , we also never asked for gigabtic storage, we never asked a gigantic screen , we are only criticizing that cyberalpha1 is making unreasonable demand, he is asking for a 800 dollar dap sound inside of a 250 dollar dap, he is asking of the fiio x3 to sound like the ibasso dx100
Good sounding dap already exists for 400 dollar, its cLled the hisound studio series , there is plenty of choices in that price range, it just so happen that what cyberalpha1 demanded is more or less impossible or would be a suicide manuever for the company
Are you saying what fiio says that a dac change only would bump the price up to 400 is a lie ? Then you still have to change the amp to match the dac power, theb you have to find a better power source and so on, and at the end this is not charity thus fiio have to make actual margin of profit
- The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 25 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 26 seconds ago
- › Wondering if the NVX XPT100 would be good for me 38 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 1 minute ago
- › JRiver Media Center 19 is better! 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Which option is the SAFEST to receive payment ? (scared to get... 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 2 minutes ago
- › Buying my first pair of headphones: V-Moda M80s, SRH440, CAL 2,... 2 minutes ago
- › MOG Replacements? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob