I think you two have confused the terms 'business' and 'charity'.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 4/5/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia Last post on 2/20/12 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions about Fiio E16 (E7 + E9) Last post on 5/12/11 at 9:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphone + amp for £200-250 ($350-400)? Last post on 4/29/11 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- The ideal portable source for my gear Last post on 5/18/11 at 10:00pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information. - Page 238
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They say that the fioo x3 would be similliar to fiio e17 in terms of hardware , so i think we can say that they will sound the same and it will cost below 300. I say thats good enough
Don't get me wrong I'm sad that it wount be out until summer but I guess my clip+ will have to do.
Also if they sell a DAP that that is $200 they will sell more of them. If they are at a higher price point they more will be expected. Fiio has a plan its been several years in the makeing.
@Feaio, Have you guys tested the headphone and input jacks to make sure that repetitive unplugging/plugging won't ruin them? That would kill the X3, so I was wondering.
I dont think it would be impossible to make a good sounding dap for less than $300 if most of you weren't asking for 12+ hour life battery, 128+gb of memory or an amazing led screen with album art, do you go to the moon when you all leave your houses that you need all those specs? do you listen to the music with your eyes?
If the most important thing is Sound Quality I would rather choose any company to focus in the audio quality of the player even if that means no screen or an internal memory 32 gb or even less and without any option of a SD card, something like the Tera player (I don't own one and I would not buy one for that ridiculous price I don't blame the company since from what I heard is a one man company and it's up to us if we want to buy it), just my opinion.
Exactly how I think. 8GB internal storage, SD slot, nice and small display(clip+ style), build in amp(because I hate carrying around one seperatly), and the best SQ you can fit in there without breaking a price limit of 350$.
I would buy at least 10 of these DAPs :P
Battery would have to be good enough for atleast one day listening, let's say 2 hrs of travel time and 8 hrs of work. Then you would need atleast 10 hours battery life. So that is a must. More is absolutely welcome and I'm happy to pay for that. My cowon is a relief! I have to charge it once a month or something.
Noone asks for 128gb+ capacity, we do ask for a micro usb slot, That is a cheap feature, cheaper then any built in memory capacity which enables it to add your own micro sd cards which are very cheap.
I agree on the screen, no need for a fancy screen but I'm sure FiiO made sure the screen didn't cost too much. A simple colour screen shouldn't be that expensive either.
A regular fiio e17 is $139. If the x3 is going to cost $200 dollars you'd pay 60 bucks for the ability to add as much music as you'd like, you are able to play that music :P and you have a reasonable screen which makes it easy to find what you want. It's up to you to decide whether it is worth your money or not. :)
We never said , we want it to play every music available , i believe nobody ever asked for ogg or ape since nobody ever use those , we also never asked for gigabtic storage, we never asked a gigantic screen , we are only criticizing that cyberalpha1 is making unreasonable demand, he is asking for a 800 dollar dap sound inside of a 250 dollar dap, he is asking of the fiio x3 to sound like the ibasso dx100
Good sounding dap already exists for 400 dollar, its cLled the hisound studio series , there is plenty of choices in that price range, it just so happen that what cyberalpha1 demanded is more or less impossible or would be a suicide manuever for the company
Are you saying what fiio says that a dac change only would bump the price up to 400 is a lie ? Then you still have to change the amp to match the dac power, theb you have to find a better power source and so on, and at the end this is not charity thus fiio have to make actual margin of profit
- The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 31 seconds ago
- › Toronto Winter Meet 1 minute ago
- › Over Ear & Open, Seriously Need Help Quick! 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman RE-600 great condition 1 minute ago
- › San Fernando Valley mini-meet 1 minute ago
- › Whiplash XLR-XLR TWag Interconnects 3 minutes ago
- › Need help from someone that has experience with dynamic and planar.... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a DAC for gaming under $100 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe