Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information. - Page 235  

post #3511 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

I guess we don't need another DAP to compete with main stream player like iPOD because there are too many out there. 

In other hand, we need a DAP that has the top end DAP's SQ (iRiver AK100, Ibasso DX100 or even Altmann Terra) but

at affordable price with the price range like$200~ $250 so that everyone can enjoy the studio recording sound. biggrin.gif


And I want Heir to release 8As for $250, too. Throw in some LCD-2s for another $150 while you're at it. Why can't these manufacturers understand that we want top-tier quality at discount prices? It's such a good business model....rolleyes.gif

post #3512 of 3613

None of those affordable players you mention has digital output (the X3 will get coaxial). It's certainly a selling point for some people.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

 

There are many main stream DAPs such as Sansa, Cowon, iRiver, Sony, Phillips, Creative, Samsung....etc and almost all the flagship smartphones (HTC, Sony, Nokia, LG, Asus,...too many to mention) that have quite a similar SQ like iPod but they are still no good enough to be an audiophile player.

 

Like you mentioned above that the iRiver AK100 is a high price product and I guess not everyone can afford to buy.

Thus, we need something better than the main stream players and at the same time something closer to the top end DAPs' SQ but at affordable price.

This is the message I want to convey to Fiio. May be it is to late for X3 but may be they can consider my suggestion for their future product like X5, X7.. etc.

 

Sorry no offence. Just treat this as the exchange of opinion.biggrin.gif

post #3513 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

I guess we don't need another DAP to compete with main stream player like iPOD because there are too many out there. 

In other hand, we need a DAP that has the top end DAP's SQ (iRiver AK100, Ibasso DX100 or even Altmann Terra) but

at affordable price with the price range like$200~ $250 so that everyone can enjoy the studio recording sound. biggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

 

There are many main stream DAPs such as Sansa, Cowon, iRiver, Sony, Phillips, Creative, Samsung....etc and almost all the flagship smartphones (HTC, Sony, Nokia, LG, Asus,...too many to mention) that have quite a similar SQ like iPod but they are still no good enough to be an audiophile player.

 

Like you mentioned above that the iRiver AK100 is a high price product and I guess not everyone can afford to buy.

Thus, we need something better than the main stream players and at the same time something closer to the top end DAPs' SQ but at affordable price.

This is the message I want to convey to Fiio. May be it is to late for X3 but may be they can consider my suggestion for their future product like X5, X7.. etc.

 

Sorry no offence. Just treat this as the exchange of opinion.biggrin.gif

 

So you want an $800 dap for 300$.  I think a lot of people are going to buy it and be disappointed because they were so sure that it was going to destroy the top of the line players.  That is not what Fiio is setting out to do.  I expect it to sound better than the next tier down of players and do not expect it to best the TOTL players.  There will always be give and take when lowering the price point and Fiio is doing everything they can to make us happy and we just keep asking for more.

post #3514 of 3613
Stop with the unrealistic demands. You can't have a Ferrari with the price of a Civic. Same goes with DAPs. That is just how the world works. Better talk about stuff that can feasibly improve the X3 or even the future models.
post #3515 of 3613
I dont think it would be impossible to make a good sounding dap for less than $300 if most of you weren't asking for 12+ hour life battery, 128+gb of memory or an amazing led screen with album art, do you go to the moon when you all leave your houses that you need all those specs?
If the most important thing is Sound Quality I would rather choose any company to focus in the audio quality of the player even if that means no screen or an internal memory 32 gb or even less and without any option of a SD card, something like the Tera player (I don't own and I would not buy one for that ridiculous price I don't blame the company since from what I heard is a one man company and it's up to us if we want to buy it), just my opinion.
post #3516 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nationarmy View Post

You can't have a Ferrari with the price of a Civic.

Nissan almost made it. Yup, you can compare the GT-R to a 458 Italia. However, you are still comparing a Datsun to a timeless beauty. biggrin.gif
post #3517 of 3613

Bring on the Ford Pinto!!! wink_face.gif

 

 

post #3518 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I think everyone should stop with these suggestions for what parts FiiO should be using, and wait and see how the X3 performs. We don't need another ludicrously priced player....we need something that competes with the iPods of the world, since they own the mainstream market (what's left of it given the preponderance of smartphone-only users). I suspect the X3 will turn out to be a great performer.

I would in general agree more with this sentiment, yhere has been too many audiophile brick and spartannesse, i want a player that can compete with the ipod or ios devices in terms of portability and of course ui , fiio is a gateway drug manufacturer, they are extremely good at this , they should keep making new gateway drugs

post #3519 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post

I would in general agree more with this sentiment, yhere has been too many audiophile brick and spartannesse, i want a player that can compete with the ipod or ios devices in terms of portability and of course ui , fiio is a gateway drug manufacturer, they are extremely good at this , they should keep making new gateway drugs
The x5 will start getting dangerous... xD
post #3520 of 3613

I hope so ? I need a gateway drug to new tier of audiophilia, perchance i may one day turn into high audiophile where i measure everything and would know everything by measurement. But for now i just want a good sound and a good convenient ui, i seems i have to put out at least 600 bucks to get this kind of thing

post #3521 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post

I hope so ? I need a gateway drug to new tier of audiophilia, perchance i may one day turn into high audiophile where i measure everything and would know everything by measurement. But for now i just want a good sound and a good convenient ui, i seems i have to put out at least 600 bucks to get this kind of thing
Why not the x3?
post #3522 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


Why not the x3?

I think that's what he's implying beerchug.gif

post #3523 of 3613

Still debating whether to wait for a cheapish (<$400) iPod DAC or get the X3. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

post #3524 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post

Still debating whether to wait for a cheapish (<$400) iPod DAC or get the X3. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

What's wrong with the iPod's own DAC?

post #3525 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post

I think that's what he's implying beerchug.gif
But he said $600, so I thought he was saying the X5...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.