Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information. - Page 218  

post #3256 of 3613

Even I was thinking of a DAP with E17's sound signature...I'm waiting for X3

 

But I pray that UI will be simple and smooth, I don't want any advanced features, just a plain UI with Artist, Album, Genre will do

post #3257 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by visanj View Post

Even I was thinking of a DAP with E17's sound signature...I'm waiting for X3

 

But I pray that UI will be simple and smooth, I don't want any advanced features, just a plain UI with Artist, Album, Genre will do

I do hope for ReplayGain support....

post #3258 of 3613

OMG I am returning the iRiver AK100 I just ordered... same DAC, $550 of price difference. 

post #3259 of 3613

Lets see, what are some key features that would make this DAP a winner...

 

UI

Simple intuitive with gapless playback. Also tack on stuff like shuffle, playlist support and genre artist and album tag support for easy browsing. General file type support such as FLAC ALAC WAV and mp3. Most importantly NO UI BUGS PLEASE

 

Battery life

15 hours minimum 24 hrs or more would be great though

 

Storage

SD card compliant minimum 64 GB's, 128 preferred though

 

Sound

I'll put it as bluntly as possible.....It should sound as close to absolutely nothing as possible. In other words it would just disappear and let the gear it's driving stand out. If the gear plugged into it is warm then it sounds warm if it sounds analytical then it sounds analytical if it has a V or U shape then it will sound exactly like it was tuned to sound like. There should also be as little roll off in the upper registers as possible. A lot of mainstream DAP's play it safe and roll off the highs and I personally hate that. Oh and since I'm asking for extension up top give this lady a well rounded bottom end too. If source demands a deep earthy rumble I want to hear that rumble in as much detail as possible.

 

There's plenty other stuff I could mention but those are the big ones for me. Anything else would just be added gravy on the steak. Sounds simple enough in my book but for whatever reason none of the boutique DAP manufacturers are yet to deliver anything worth mentioning as a complete package.

 

Whoever is with me gimme a thumbs up


Edited by DigitalFreak - 1/16/13 at 9:16pm
post #3260 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


Whoever is with me gimme a thumbs up
A big thumbs up! I agree 100% with what you said, these are my hopes as well. Until we get something that can do these few simple things right, I am sticking with my rockboxed diy imod.

I have high hopes however for the X3 just might be exactly what I want.
post #3261 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post


A big thumbs up! I agree 100% with what you said, these are my hopes as well. Until we get something that can do these few simple things right, I am sticking with my rockboxed diy imod.

I have high hopes however for the X3 just might be exactly what I want.


Same here

post #3262 of 3613

Agree with DigitalFreak

 

Also, can the UI be not too similar to the iPod Touch UI? I remember hearing about it looking some what close. A black re-color of the white-ish UI would be cool too.

post #3263 of 3613
I disagree, I enjoy steeply rolled off low end, starting somewhere around 500Hz, this helps bring the mid range out. If there's a huge bass drop in a song creating climax I really prefer not hearing that section, ruins the song. If FiiO could make the mid range sound grainy as possible I would much prefer that for vocals too. Most of all a really small soundstage that gives a real in the head experience, something around the size of match box.
post #3264 of 3613

lol smart ass ;).
 

post #3265 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrassilious View Post

OMG I am returning the iRiver AK100 I just ordered... same DAC, $550 of price difference. 


Did you order it modded (RWA AK100)? Otherwise I'd have skipped it myself at 22 ohms (eww)....

post #3266 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I disagree, I enjoy steeply rolled off low end, starting somewhere around 500Hz, this helps bring the mid range out. If there's a huge bass drop in a song creating climax I really prefer not hearing that section, ruins the song. If FiiO could make the mid range sound grainy as possible I would much prefer that for vocals too. Most of all a really small soundstage that gives a real in the head experience, something around the size of match box.

 

 

I partly disagree, though midrange has to come out, I need bass as well. Bass should be deep and dynamic but at the same time should not disturb mids. Mids are important to sound musical as far as I feel. 

 

I prefer Good deep bass but not overpowering, sweet and forward mids and slightly rolled off Highs. Overall we should enjoy the music and not the DAP

post #3267 of 3613

visanj I think he was being sarcastic ;).
 

post #3268 of 3613

FIIO, please please please make it sound just like Alpen....Alpen is a great machine

 

Any idea on the launch date? Is it in April?

post #3269 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by visanj View Post

FIIO, please please please make it sound just like Alpen....Alpen is a great machine

 

Any idea on the launch date? Is it in April?

ETA March.

post #3270 of 3613

I will order one for sure when my J3 dies. But PLEASE don't make it too much ipod like. I despise it. It's really a pain in the ass to use and in my experience every song is in random order. 

 

One thing I would really like is that if you go to music -> artist -> random artist -> ... There is a albumst list that is sorted on DATE and not in alphabetical order. You should check out some video's of the Zune HD's UI. That is the absolute best UI ever seen. It's so beautifull, easy and wonderfull. 

I don't hope i'm too late for this. I guess an UI could always be updated via the computer or something. But most of all i'd love it if the albums were sorted on date. Or if there would be a setting to change this.

 

Edit: I really really loved this thing but i wanted something better. 

Just look at this beauty. I think we should convince Microsoft to make a high end dap.

 


Edited by HolyCheese - 1/17/13 at 4:10am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.