Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information. - Page 202  

post #3016 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

 

it is brushed aluminum, small form factor DAP which support up to 192k/24bit, and line out, coaxial out, support TF card, WM8740 DAC, a decent amp, and support AAC(m4a) . not to talk FLAC, APE. and ALAC ? maybe but not promise. 

 

and it is cheaper than other hifi audio players.

 

I am not familiar with those audio formats which support 192k/24bit. So, I am curious why does it imply by "support up to 192K/24BIT".

What kind of file format will it be? Something like Flac 24bit?

post #3017 of 3613

wav

post #3018 of 3613

So what's the price on the X3? Still around $250 USD I assume.

Excited.

post #3019 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post

So what's the price on the X3? Still around $250 USD I assume.


Excited.

Taken from the front page.
Quote:

2, M.S.R.P, almost the same as before although the cost increase a lots, we feel very sorry to our fans so we decide not to increase the price too much , the target M.S.R.P in U.S is about $150 ~ $180, 20% higher in Europe because the VAT is different.
post #3020 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Quote:

2, M.S.R.P, almost the same as before although the cost increase a lots, we feel very sorry to our fans so we decide not to increase the price too much , the target M.S.R.P in U.S is about $150 ~ $180, 20% higher in Europe because the VAT is different.


Great. My wallet lives to fight another day. beerchug.gif

post #3021 of 3613
If it did come in around the $250 mark it would still be more than acceptable for what FiiO will be giving us.
post #3022 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by tds101 View Post

If it did come in around the $250 mark it would still be more than acceptable for what FiiO will be giving us.


Hey now don't go offering our heads on a platter lol. If we can get it for cheaper than more power to them and us :P.

post #3023 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by tds101 View Post

If it did come in around the $250 mark it would still be more than acceptable for what FiiO will be giving us.

no thanks

post #3024 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Hey now don't go offering our heads on a platter lol. If we can get it for cheaper than more power to them and us :P.
Hey, give me all the promised features & at least 30hrs REAL PLAYTIME & I'd pay well for it. Besides, FiiO isn't a company that bleeds us dry. And they actually develope and create their own products. I feel they deserve respect,...
post #3025 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by tds101 View Post


Hey, give me all the promised features & at least 30hrs REAL PLAYTIME & I'd pay well for it. Besides, FiiO isn't a company that bleeds us dry. And they actually develope and create their own products. I feel they deserve respect,...


We'll let them give you a special order so you can pay more ;) lol.

post #3026 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


We'll let them give you a special order so you can pay more wink.gif lol.
Only if it includes a set of Sennheiser Amperiors. I need an update for my HD25-1 II's,... biggrin.gif
post #3027 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by tds101 View Post


Only if it includes a set of Sennheiser Amperiors. I need an update for my HD25-1 II's,... biggrin.gif


Don't forget to throw in a pair of IE800s ;).

post #3028 of 3613

About the sample rate of X3, now we already test 192K/24B in FLAC, APE, WAV, and 96K/24B in ALAC, 

 

anyone know whether ALAC supports 192k/24bit or how can we get it from a 192k/24b WAV?

post #3029 of 3613

ALAC has no problem with 192/24 files, AFAIK it supports up to 384/32 (can't find the reference just now). WAV files can be converted by any number of programs (iTunes should work, otherwise on OS X XLD is a very solid free choice, on Windows I hear dbpoweramp is a good choice).

post #3030 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

About the sample rate of X3, now we already test 192K/24B in FLAC, APE, WAV, and 96K/24B in ALAC, 

 

anyone know whether ALAC supports 192k/24bit or how can we get it from a 192k/24b WAV?

Can you give an estimate of the battery life playing 16/44.1 flac files at 75% volume? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.