Hello would like to ask a quick question. Since Fiio's X3 is gonna have a line out and digital line out, am i correct in thinking the Amp and Dac can be bypassed?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 1/14/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 4/5/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 1/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia Last post on 2/20/12 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions about Fiio E16 (E7 + E9) Last post on 5/12/11 at 9:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphone + amp for £200-250 ($350-400)? Last post on 4/29/11 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- The ideal portable source for my gear Last post on 5/18/11 at 10:00pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information. - Page 184
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you use the line-out, you bypass the amp section.
If you use the digital out, you bypass both.
The news updates for this device keep getting more and more awesome and yeah i hope they support both analog and digital for a direct output to bypass the amp and i am so happy this company is so amazing listening to all of there customers complaints, and praises, and for what many like myself like to see in a device like this, i can't wait to read reviews!
I want very much that you could put Rockbox !
I mentioned that long time agon, but seems that is impossible since the chip supplier choosed no the release the code sorce.
But i still belive that the guys behind Rockbox can still do it.
I want very much that you could put Rockbox !
We already suggested and Fiio ended the subject, please read :
It's probably gonna take a while, because reverse engineering and trial and error are way harder than working with open code. But if X3 proves to be a hit, the port might get enough developers to pull it out.
That said, we don't know if we need Rockbox yet, do we? Maybe the original firmware will hit all the points.
Becouse we don't know if the UI will be 100% bug free.See DX100 for that also, and plus Rockbox been doing the same thing, firmware for devices better and better for over 10 years.Waiting for more news about X3 tho.ha ha
I think I've read that the new DX100 firmware is actually pretty great. Moreover, through the different version of the firmware there were some drastic changes in sound. Not sure Rockbox can be that easily tailored to X3 to sound better than the original FW.
- The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 seconds ago
- › Winter 2014 AAMML Holiday Exchange 21 seconds ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 22 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 58 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › 250 Ohm headphones sound fine with an iPod? 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Trying to find the best way to solve a problem 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe