Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information. - Page 183  

post #2731 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


Yeah E-ink would be amazing

There are color E-ink displays on the market, not to mention that manufacturer can add led backlight. The UI of X3 should be simple and there is no reason that E-ink won't handle it. Last technologies in E-ink and E-paper showed that color and backlight even with animation and video is possible. Also it should be better for battery life. E-ink is very efficient.

post #2732 of 3613

Too expensive, too unnecessary, not mainstream enough for non head-fiers plus hardware is finalized.

post #2733 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

...plus hardware is finalized.

Exactly. Let's wait for this one to come out and then dream of something even better :)

post #2734 of 3613
Having a recent brain wave do we know if X3 is going to support gapless playback? has that been mentioned and I've missed it or......? We don't know? Gapless is very important!
post #2735 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Having a recent brain wave do we know if X3 is going to support gapless playback? has that been mentioned and I've missed it or......? We don't know? Gapless is very important!

+1

post #2736 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

+1

 

Yes, will support Gapless. also we may try to support ALAC, but not a promise. 

post #2737 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

Yes, will support Gapless. also we may try to support ALAC, but not a promise. 

That would be outstanding.
post #2738 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

 

Yes, will support Gapless. also we may try to support ALAC, but not a promise. 

Gapless is great news, looking Fw :) ALAC is not important to me personally, for FLAC is better anyway (easier on the battery). I don't know if it's important for Mac people though.

post #2739 of 3613
I have a lot of ALAC from back when I needed it on my iPod but nowadays I load self encoded files on there. Meaning LAME mp3 -v0 as portably, the sound difference is negligable in terms of audio tracks.
post #2740 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

+1

Yes, will support Gapless. also we may try to support ALAC, but not a promise. 

The best news. The X3 is confirmed coming my way once it's out.
post #2741 of 3613

Feiao, what I (and probably other HeadFi-ersbiggrin.gif) are looking for is some nice high res pictures of the X3. It looks outstanding, and quite background worthy wink.gif

post #2742 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

Feiao, what I (and probably other HeadFi-ersbiggrin.gif) are looking for is some nice high res pictures of the X3. It looks outstanding, and quite background worthy wink.gif

You will have to wait like the rest of us, for the pictures and specs.

post #2743 of 3613

when to go on sale?

post #2744 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIVKID View Post

when to go on sale?

Hopefully March - April 2013.
post #2745 of 3613

Probably April.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.