The force is with them!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 1/14/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 4/5/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 1/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia Last post on 2/20/12 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions about Fiio E16 (E7 + E9) Last post on 5/12/11 at 9:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphone + amp for £200-250 ($350-400)? Last post on 4/29/11 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- The ideal portable source for my gear Last post on 5/18/11 at 10:00pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information. - Page 180
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That marketing strategy is only really really effective in a niche near stagnant market like enthusiast headphone audio. Where innovation and invention doesnt run over all preceding things and wherre the innovations and inventions dont come often as say microelectronics(although that field does apply back to us).
Like Steve Jobs said "You cant give the people what they want because when you finally have it built, novody would want it" his comment mainly deals in his extraordinarily fast field of computers and howto give the people something totally unexpected and wowing that is above the nor
. Who ever asked for a unibody computer? Who asked for Samsungs best displays? How many asked for retina on their laptops? (They dont win in everything of course, i mean come on? Who asked for powerpc? Ewww)
A question is raised. What happens to the E17? This x3 is very similar in price to the e17 with same componenets inside. Granted how it is implemented and other factors would have a difference. And orher things like working as the DAC doe the conputer and spdif coax and opt and 192KHz option and lining out to an ext amp and dock with E90K. There are still many places for the e17 but still... Just a thought
Good point, but I think that applies to computers much more so than portable audio; just think of the number of people who still use older ipod videos by choice, whereas few would choose to use computers from that time period. (Edit: I think I pretty much made the same point as you. I need coffee. Yarp.)
Edited by doublea71 - 10/21/12 at 10:33pm
It is a portable player and meant to be all-in-one solution for playing music only. So on the road it is a lot more practical to use it with earbuds, IEMs, CIEMs and on-ear portable cans. Majority of those are terminated with 3.5mm. LCD-2, T1, HD800, HE-6, HE-500, D7000 or other high end headphones are far from portable and intended for home use.
P.S. If you want to use high impedance big headphones lets say at home with this DAP, then why not to buy a cheap 1/4" to 1/8" adapter.
Edited by TiEx - 10/22/12 at 12:04pm
Just to add, there are many full-size cans with the proper general use plugs; that is, a 3.5mm with a 6.3mm converter, like the Sennheiser HDxxx cables, AKG K701/K550, etc. However the cans we're very likely to use without a separate amp, Grado, come with a 3.5mm or 6.3mm and then you get that bulky converter - the 3.5mm with converter is easy to use at home, but the 6.3mm with adapter is near impossible to use with the electronics just in your pocket I gave up on it before I even stepped out of the house.
Seriously, Grado should just sell the entire Prestige line with the 3.5mm plug and we should just get the adapter free with the 225 and 325.
This, I know is not really nice for the mini jack. I have one but the stress is so high at the end, I don't use it anymore. Mini jack killer.
I think the grado adaptor or something similar (female jack and male mini plug separate) is safe enough.
Anyway back to the X3, feiao I'm wondering if it will support M3U playlists... it's just more convenient if I can use the lists that I already have. Otherwise, I'm guessing we have to make lists directly with the X3 by ourselves..? Not really an issue but just wondering
- The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › Anyone heard / own USB Wireworld Starlight, Starlight 7, or... 13 seconds ago
- › Looking for new DAC, suggestions please... 26 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 30 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 44 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr with BRAND NEW tubes from Schiit 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 3 minutes ago
- › looking for a nice cheap (<100) gift for a friend 4 minutes ago
- › The Wire Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe