FiiO usually plans their product release a year ahead (i.e. the rough idea of X3 was discussed early this year), so it won't be any surprise if there is a transport like player on paper. However, it doesn't mean it will necessary materialize at the end or any time soon. Some products may be very attractive and reasonable at time, but become unfeasible later on. Small business with tight budget can't afford to make any mistake. It is a risk for FiiO to venture out from their comfort zone to the DAP market, especially since the competition is tough to say the least.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 4/5/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia Last post on 2/20/12 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions about Fiio E16 (E7 + E9) Last post on 5/12/11 at 9:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphone + amp for £200-250 ($350-400)? Last post on 4/29/11 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- The ideal portable source for my gear Last post on 5/18/11 at 10:00pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information. - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would like at the very least a 3 TB hard drive, playback of every file known to man, support 3D, play Blu-ray, fully balanced, integrated rail gun, be able to be controlled by brain waves alone, and sprinkle pixie dust. That's all. Is that too much to ask?
Hello Feiao! I have a very little request!
Please make it usable while charging :)
one thing I actually hate about my clip+ is I cant use it while charging. I'm looking forward for this product though, I'll buy an X3 whatever it turns out to be!
Of course you can use the clip+ while charging....you just need a wall charger.
Perhaps I did, in which case I apologize, but obviously the feeling I got from your post was that features that many people want could be sacrificed for the sound-first mentality. I'd like a player that sounds good, but I've also avoided many because nothing else fits well with what other aspects I consider important.
This looks like an interesting player, but I really hope they use rockbox as the operating system. If not, I hope fiio includes some of those features most missed in mass market DAPs -- pan/balance (so easy that I have no idea why it's not more prevalent), parametric EQ, gapless playback, on the go playlists, and so on. Basically...all the features rockbox offers.
I could do without the pixie dust if we could keep it below $100.
As Achmedisdead has stated, use a wall charger - I listen to my Rockboxed clip+ while it's charging w/no probs.
Is it going to shave me though? It's a deal breaker.
I could do without the pixie dust if we could keep it below $100.
digital coax out-good
I personally think putting anymore than 1gb of internal memory is a waste unless it's 16-32gb. Save the consumer money and just use 256MB or less for internal functionality and pass the savings to the consumer. Or invest that in getting a current spec sdxc reader for future 4TB storage. I can't believe the cost of sdxc card readers would outweigh the added internal memory cost by much if any. Internal memory is uneccessarily expensive relative to external cards and often hogs resources and can crash a player when some users try to use max capacity. That would be one tech support bug to cross off the list as well as potential for returns. That would also negate the need to develop a HDD player and put the product ahead of the curve. You could market the X3 as 'up to 4TB storage.'
Pan/Balance volume knob a must. Perhaps something like my ESP950 amp that has two independent knobs in one for each channel stacked together. Should be doable in current configuration of by extending the knob guard a bit.
HD audio doing up to 24/192 would be great and offer another breakthrough along w/ the sdxc.
Gapless is nice but not required.
Is there a lock switch that also would lock the volume?
You guys have a chance to make a truly revolutionary player w/ a great price. Break some rules, redefine the game.
Edited by Anaxilus - 12/20/10 at 4:58pm
Try starting your own company and make and design it yourself..then sell it for a ridiculous price and name the company Konster
I don't want to speak on behalf of KuKuBuKu or get too far off on a tangent, but I got the impression that he was speaking through hyperbole that some people's expectations for this device are a bit outlandish.
I gotta agree here, since some think it'll cure cancer and do the dishes - all on a single charge.
Me, I want some Rockbox-like features (I mean an EQ and GAPLESS people!!!), decent battery life (real world usage of 25hrs would suffice), and a built in capacity of 32gb - expandable via either SDHC OR microSDHC card to 64gb.
Also, I know since it'll be a FiiO, that it will drive 99% of all full-sized HP's quite well, as well as some of the more "annoying" to drive IEM's.
I'll buy this, way before I'd buy a hifiman, colorfly, or even a Cowon X7 (yuk!!!) - I do have an expectation that it will sound quite nice - but please, no bass roll off!!!
I was jking as he says it right here
Btw I think they already said it was gonna be 32gb(feel free to correct me anyone)
- The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 4 seconds ago
- › Just received my Westone W2's 23 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 26 seconds ago
- › WTB: Metrum Acoustics Hex 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Need something good for working out... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › ~$100-$175 IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi