So i got my ibasso D12 o the mail a couple days ago but i was wondering what does the clear box with the micro chip looking things do? (i think it's called a topkit)
Related Forum Threads
- Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/29/12 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Questions about the ibasso D-Zero, Fiio E7, Hippoaudio CriCri+ and ibasso D12 Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:40pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Is iBasso D12 an upgrade from Xonar Essence STX? Last post on 12/29/11 at 1:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Practical Devices XM6 vs Ibasso D6 Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp/Dac w/ Optical (MBP) Last post on 8/15/11 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Topkitpost #1 of 1312/17/10 at 7:53amThread Starterpost #2 of 1312/17/10 at 8:56am
It is not a Topkit, it is the factory rolling kit. The various enclosed opamps can be used to change the SQ of the D12 to suit your equipment or listening preferences. The Topkit is made by a Head-Fi member as an upgrade to the factory supplied opamps. Please read carefully the instructions for "rolling" the opamps before attempting to make changes to the stock configuration.post #3 of 1312/17/10 at 10:52amQuote:
@Bubbacritz, more specifically, the Topkit is assembled by HiFlight himself
Edited by gtoviper - 12/17/10 at 7:56pmpost #4 of 1312/17/10 at 4:23pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1312/17/10 at 4:26pmpost #6 of 1312/18/10 at 9:10amQuote:
That's right, rolling in different OpAmp and Buffer chip combinations can significantly change (or improve) the sound over the stock configuration in a Amp.
HiFlight is well known by his TopKit for the iBasso D10 (and I believe now, for the D12). He has had a lot of experience with rolling chips to find a great sound. If you need advice, his is top of the line (I would say top kit, but that would be too much ).
post #7 of 1312/31/10 at 11:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by HiFlight
It is not a Topkit, it is the factory rolling kit. The various enclosed opamps can be used to change the SQ of the D12 to suit your equipment or listening preferences. The Topkit is made by a Head-Fi member as an upgrade to the factory supplied opamps. Please read carefully the instructions for "rolling" the opamps before attempting to make changes to the stock configuration.
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I hadn't even considered a Topkit for my D4 - another HFier claims that he has had very good results with his D4 and I found a post from Larry confirming that changing opamps improves the D4 - I guess I wont know until I do it. Is there a link to a page where I can find pricing etc or is it strictly on a special order basis ? I am assuming that a dufus like myself can install the Topkit.
estreeterpost #8 of 131/1/11 at 1:14pmpost #9 of 133/22/11 at 5:07pmpost #10 of 133/22/11 at 10:33pm
There is no website, and they really arent that exciting to look at unless you are particularly attracted to opamps (think small, square chunks of silicon). The magic is invisible, unfortunately, and you need to PM Topflight to hook you up with said magic.post #11 of 133/23/11 at 3:54pmpost #12 of 133/23/11 at 5:48pm
what he incorrectly mentioned as the Head-Fi'er's handle is actually HiFlight not TOPFLIGHT, and he's a great guy to communicate with and I know from having one of the Topkits for the D10 that the Topkits he makes really do improve on the stock sound signature of the iBasso amps. Go ahead and PM him he does NOT bite. ;-D
In fact he'll probably tell you quite a few fun facts about rolling opamps.post #13 of 133/29/11 at 12:10am
No no, it's HiFlight (the member) and Topkit is the product he makes. It took some searching and digging, but I finally got there.
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 2 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 26 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 51 seconds ago
- › Fidelizer Pro - Real or Snake Oil? 1 minute ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 1 minute ago
- › The New Thinksound Woodies. ON2, Rain3 and MS02 3 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 3 minutes ago
- › DIY custom moulds 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Koss KTXPRO1....an awesome portable headphone! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear