Im still waiting for shipping notice, hopefully wouldnt be waiting until 2046!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:26 pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
It has a solid build that if you want to break them, you should do something extreme to them. Still it comes with 2 years of warranty and if you do break these, you can get a new one at %50...
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 42
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks again Justin, a real home run on this one. As one of the first adopters, i can say that it is the staple of my portable set up and puts my other to portables to shame. Great work!
I can't second his impression enough. A terrific sounding amp in a small package. I love mine.
Btw, I am using the "Maximal Power" 9 volt Li-ion rechargeable batteries that I purchased from Amazon for the Pico Power with an excellent results. It is well priced and give a really good performance of over 30 hours. Charging time is slightly over 5 to 6 hours though.
Thanks for the update Justin! Now back to wait mode . . . . . . . . .
I received mine on the 27th of march. I have only had the chance to listen to it for about 1 hr due to sorting music to iPod etc. Very happy with the fit and finish of the unit. Great attention to detail. I currently just running the Duracels that came in it. A word of warning that I have found, and also my local hi-fi guy put me on to. Duracels are known to leak bad if left for any period of time, more so than other brands.
Things I have noticed listening with AKG 240, K701, and Im sure most will get a laugh out of this: recording quality varies greatly, I was a little sad with the back ground hiss on Black Sabath's Paranoid. Recording volume also varies.
So for a complete newb, what exactly is "gain" and what are the reasons for changing it. (I can tell that changing it changes output volume)
The only thing I would change if possible, and it may not be something that would fit, is to have a 1/4 jack rather than the 3/8. 3 out of my 4 headphones are hard wired with a 1/4 pin and need an adaptor to reduce it down to 1/8. this means the plug in now becomes almost 4 inches long and creates more leverage on the smaller 1/8th pin/jack. The AKG 240 have a neat set up of a hard wired 1/8 with a screw on 1/4. This means, with the 1/4 on, it is the same size as a normal hard wired 1/4 and unscrew it and its the size of smaller 1/8 plugs which is IMO better for these portable set ups.
I think a small 1/8 - 1/4 adaptor cable will be the go. Can anyone recommend a good brand in this?
I've been using this adapter by Sennheiser with good success. I agree with you that 1/4" would have been better, but this will be at the expense of a bigger chassis to accommodate the bigger jack. Price maybe higher as well b/c aluminum isn't cheap.
Please help my two friends S Pita and Pitsel for their missing amp , as you send 3 pico power at the same time on 19 March 2013.
They like your pico amp very much , that's why they miss their pico power
For the 2nd batch in purple colour , when can you start shipping ?
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 5 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 1 minute ago
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 1 minute ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 5 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3