Im still waiting for shipping notice, hopefully wouldnt be waiting until 2046!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 2/20/15 at 6:01am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 42
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks again Justin, a real home run on this one. As one of the first adopters, i can say that it is the staple of my portable set up and puts my other to portables to shame. Great work!
I can't second his impression enough. A terrific sounding amp in a small package. I love mine.
Btw, I am using the "Maximal Power" 9 volt Li-ion rechargeable batteries that I purchased from Amazon for the Pico Power with an excellent results. It is well priced and give a really good performance of over 30 hours. Charging time is slightly over 5 to 6 hours though.
Thanks for the update Justin! Now back to wait mode . . . . . . . . .
I received mine on the 27th of march. I have only had the chance to listen to it for about 1 hr due to sorting music to iPod etc. Very happy with the fit and finish of the unit. Great attention to detail. I currently just running the Duracels that came in it. A word of warning that I have found, and also my local hi-fi guy put me on to. Duracels are known to leak bad if left for any period of time, more so than other brands.
Things I have noticed listening with AKG 240, K701, and Im sure most will get a laugh out of this: recording quality varies greatly, I was a little sad with the back ground hiss on Black Sabath's Paranoid. Recording volume also varies.
So for a complete newb, what exactly is "gain" and what are the reasons for changing it. (I can tell that changing it changes output volume)
The only thing I would change if possible, and it may not be something that would fit, is to have a 1/4 jack rather than the 3/8. 3 out of my 4 headphones are hard wired with a 1/4 pin and need an adaptor to reduce it down to 1/8. this means the plug in now becomes almost 4 inches long and creates more leverage on the smaller 1/8th pin/jack. The AKG 240 have a neat set up of a hard wired 1/8 with a screw on 1/4. This means, with the 1/4 on, it is the same size as a normal hard wired 1/4 and unscrew it and its the size of smaller 1/8 plugs which is IMO better for these portable set ups.
I think a small 1/8 - 1/4 adaptor cable will be the go. Can anyone recommend a good brand in this?
I've been using this adapter by Sennheiser with good success. I agree with you that 1/4" would have been better, but this will be at the expense of a bigger chassis to accommodate the bigger jack. Price maybe higher as well b/c aluminum isn't cheap.
Please help my two friends S Pita and Pitsel for their missing amp , as you send 3 pico power at the same time on 19 March 2013.
They like your pico amp very much , that's why they miss their pico power
For the 2nd batch in purple colour , when can you start shipping ?
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mobile Storage 13 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 with Balanced cable and Original SE Cable 30 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Android-fi! 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2