Im still waiting for shipping notice, hopefully wouldnt be waiting until 2046!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 4/15/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 42
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks again Justin, a real home run on this one. As one of the first adopters, i can say that it is the staple of my portable set up and puts my other to portables to shame. Great work!
I can't second his impression enough. A terrific sounding amp in a small package. I love mine.
Btw, I am using the "Maximal Power" 9 volt Li-ion rechargeable batteries that I purchased from Amazon for the Pico Power with an excellent results. It is well priced and give a really good performance of over 30 hours. Charging time is slightly over 5 to 6 hours though.
Thanks for the update Justin! Now back to wait mode . . . . . . . . .
I received mine on the 27th of march. I have only had the chance to listen to it for about 1 hr due to sorting music to iPod etc. Very happy with the fit and finish of the unit. Great attention to detail. I currently just running the Duracels that came in it. A word of warning that I have found, and also my local hi-fi guy put me on to. Duracels are known to leak bad if left for any period of time, more so than other brands.
Things I have noticed listening with AKG 240, K701, and Im sure most will get a laugh out of this: recording quality varies greatly, I was a little sad with the back ground hiss on Black Sabath's Paranoid. Recording volume also varies.
So for a complete newb, what exactly is "gain" and what are the reasons for changing it. (I can tell that changing it changes output volume)
The only thing I would change if possible, and it may not be something that would fit, is to have a 1/4 jack rather than the 3/8. 3 out of my 4 headphones are hard wired with a 1/4 pin and need an adaptor to reduce it down to 1/8. this means the plug in now becomes almost 4 inches long and creates more leverage on the smaller 1/8th pin/jack. The AKG 240 have a neat set up of a hard wired 1/8 with a screw on 1/4. This means, with the 1/4 on, it is the same size as a normal hard wired 1/4 and unscrew it and its the size of smaller 1/8 plugs which is IMO better for these portable set ups.
I think a small 1/8 - 1/4 adaptor cable will be the go. Can anyone recommend a good brand in this?
I've been using this adapter by Sennheiser with good success. I agree with you that 1/4" would have been better, but this will be at the expense of a bigger chassis to accommodate the bigger jack. Price maybe higher as well b/c aluminum isn't cheap.
Please help my two friends S Pita and Pitsel for their missing amp , as you send 3 pico power at the same time on 19 March 2013.
They like your pico amp very much , that's why they miss their pico power
For the 2nd batch in purple colour , when can you start shipping ?
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 16 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for bookshelf Speaker and Amp combo under $1000 28 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Sony EX600, 800, 7550 or 1000. 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SRM-006T Energiser / Amplifier in excellent condition 5 minutes ago
- › Is clicking/popping on dac normal? 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-30IP (White/Gold), Sony XB90EX 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 6 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)