Im still waiting for shipping notice, hopefully wouldnt be waiting until 2046!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 4/15/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 42
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks again Justin, a real home run on this one. As one of the first adopters, i can say that it is the staple of my portable set up and puts my other to portables to shame. Great work!
I can't second his impression enough. A terrific sounding amp in a small package. I love mine.
Btw, I am using the "Maximal Power" 9 volt Li-ion rechargeable batteries that I purchased from Amazon for the Pico Power with an excellent results. It is well priced and give a really good performance of over 30 hours. Charging time is slightly over 5 to 6 hours though.
Thanks for the update Justin! Now back to wait mode . . . . . . . . .
I received mine on the 27th of march. I have only had the chance to listen to it for about 1 hr due to sorting music to iPod etc. Very happy with the fit and finish of the unit. Great attention to detail. I currently just running the Duracels that came in it. A word of warning that I have found, and also my local hi-fi guy put me on to. Duracels are known to leak bad if left for any period of time, more so than other brands.
Things I have noticed listening with AKG 240, K701, and Im sure most will get a laugh out of this: recording quality varies greatly, I was a little sad with the back ground hiss on Black Sabath's Paranoid. Recording volume also varies.
So for a complete newb, what exactly is "gain" and what are the reasons for changing it. (I can tell that changing it changes output volume)
The only thing I would change if possible, and it may not be something that would fit, is to have a 1/4 jack rather than the 3/8. 3 out of my 4 headphones are hard wired with a 1/4 pin and need an adaptor to reduce it down to 1/8. this means the plug in now becomes almost 4 inches long and creates more leverage on the smaller 1/8th pin/jack. The AKG 240 have a neat set up of a hard wired 1/8 with a screw on 1/4. This means, with the 1/4 on, it is the same size as a normal hard wired 1/4 and unscrew it and its the size of smaller 1/8 plugs which is IMO better for these portable set ups.
I think a small 1/8 - 1/4 adaptor cable will be the go. Can anyone recommend a good brand in this?
I've been using this adapter by Sennheiser with good success. I agree with you that 1/4" would have been better, but this will be at the expense of a bigger chassis to accommodate the bigger jack. Price maybe higher as well b/c aluminum isn't cheap.
Please help my two friends S Pita and Pitsel for their missing amp , as you send 3 pico power at the same time on 19 March 2013.
They like your pico amp very much , that's why they miss their pico power
For the 2nd batch in purple colour , when can you start shipping ?
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Blue House mp3 headphones 29 seconds ago
- › Upgraded amp + upgraded DAC + FLAC vs. lower end amp + lower end... 2 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Best amp/dac for HD 650s? 3 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo DV-981HD DVD/CD SACD DivX etc player 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)