Im still waiting for shipping notice, hopefully wouldnt be waiting until 2046!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 11/24/13 at 1:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 11/1/13 at 6:10pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Need help deciding on an amp ASAP!!! Last post on 10/4/13 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 9/7/13 at 10:36pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 42post #616 of 7303/31/13 at 1:37am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #617 of 7303/31/13 at 3:47ampost #618 of 7304/7/13 at 7:32pmpost #619 of 7304/7/13 at 7:42pmpost #620 of 7304/7/13 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #621 of 7304/7/13 at 7:57pm
Thanks again Justin, a real home run on this one. As one of the first adopters, i can say that it is the staple of my portable set up and puts my other to portables to shame. Great work!
-Davepost #622 of 7304/7/13 at 9:54pmQuote:
I can't second his impression enough. A terrific sounding amp in a small package. I love mine.
Btw, I am using the "Maximal Power" 9 volt Li-ion rechargeable batteries that I purchased from Amazon for the Pico Power with an excellent results. It is well priced and give a really good performance of over 30 hours. Charging time is slightly over 5 to 6 hours though.post #623 of 7304/8/13 at 8:16amQuote:
Thanks for the update Justin! Now back to wait mode . . . . . . . . .post #624 of 7304/8/13 at 3:09pm
I received mine on the 27th of march. I have only had the chance to listen to it for about 1 hr due to sorting music to iPod etc. Very happy with the fit and finish of the unit. Great attention to detail. I currently just running the Duracels that came in it. A word of warning that I have found, and also my local hi-fi guy put me on to. Duracels are known to leak bad if left for any period of time, more so than other brands.
Things I have noticed listening with AKG 240, K701, and Im sure most will get a laugh out of this: recording quality varies greatly, I was a little sad with the back ground hiss on Black Sabath's Paranoid. Recording volume also varies.
So for a complete newb, what exactly is "gain" and what are the reasons for changing it. (I can tell that changing it changes output volume)
The only thing I would change if possible, and it may not be something that would fit, is to have a 1/4 jack rather than the 3/8. 3 out of my 4 headphones are hard wired with a 1/4 pin and need an adaptor to reduce it down to 1/8. this means the plug in now becomes almost 4 inches long and creates more leverage on the smaller 1/8th pin/jack. The AKG 240 have a neat set up of a hard wired 1/8 with a screw on 1/4. This means, with the 1/4 on, it is the same size as a normal hard wired 1/4 and unscrew it and its the size of smaller 1/8 plugs which is IMO better for these portable set ups.
I think a small 1/8 - 1/4 adaptor cable will be the go. Can anyone recommend a good brand in this?post #625 of 7304/8/13 at 3:14pmThread Starterpost #626 of 7304/8/13 at 3:15pmQuote:
I've been using this adapter by Sennheiser with good success. I agree with you that 1/4" would have been better, but this will be at the expense of a bigger chassis to accommodate the bigger jack. Price maybe higher as well b/c aluminum isn't cheap.post #627 of 7304/10/13 at 9:50ampost #628 of 7304/10/13 at 11:35ampost #629 of 7304/10/13 at 5:20pmpost #630 of 7304/11/13 at 9:32am
Please help my two friends S Pita and Pitsel for their missing amp , as you send 3 pico power at the same time on 19 March 2013.
They like your pico amp very much , that's why they miss their pico power
For the 2nd batch in purple colour , when can you start shipping ?
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Sony MDR-7520 2 seconds ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 48 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › JH16Pro customs vs Roxanne universals 3 minutes ago
- › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation... 3 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 amp/dac 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi