Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 40

post #586 of 730
Thread Starter 

the lithium rechargeable batteries have a lower impedance, which is a good thing for sound quality

 

the additional voltage is only advantageous if you are powering very hard to drive headphones.  

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #587 of 730
Guys,

To all intents and purposes a battery is a battery is a battery!

Please don't become overly fixated with battery composition, voltage swings and charging regimes. Just enjoy your wonderful new amplifier and use it to play music.

Cheers,

Andy.
post #588 of 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 View Post

Guys,

To all intents and purposes a battery is a battery is a battery!

Please don't become overly fixated with battery composition, voltage swings and charging regimes. Just enjoy your wonderful new amplifier and use it to play music.

Cheers,

Andy.
I agree; stop obsessing guys!
post #589 of 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan View Post

 

Which are what the ones I got are (5 posts above). 


Hey Phototristan

 

Just came across your video impression on youtube... nice job there gs1000.gif! much nicer to see the video than looking only at photograph. Cannot wait to get my hands on my silver unit.

post #590 of 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipschman70 View Post


Hey Phototristan

 

Just came across your video impression on youtube... nice job there gs1000.gif! much nicer to see the video than looking only at photograph. Cannot wait to get my hands on my silver unit.

 

Thanks!

post #591 of 730
Been 2 and a half year since I quit the hobby. Now I'm coming back and this thing is still not on sale! I might go and preorder smily_headphones1.gif
post #592 of 730
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinola View Post

Been 2 and a half year since I quit the hobby. Now I'm coming back and this thing is still not on sale! I might go and preorder smily_headphones1.gif

that is the fastest way to get one.  

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #593 of 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 View Post

Guys,

To all intents and purposes a battery is a battery is a battery!

Please don't become overly fixated with battery composition, voltage swings and charging regimes. Just enjoy your wonderful new amplifier and use it to play music.

Cheers,

Andy.

Thank you. Same when the sr71 came out, surprised there isn't a battery rolling thread yet.
post #594 of 730

Hi guys,

 

Everyone must be enjoying the new Pico Power and would like some feedback on anyone who has connected this to the HiFiMan HE-400 headphone? I'd like to know if this unit has enough current/voltage/power to drive an ortho.atsmile.gif

 

Steve

post #595 of 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

the lithium rechargeable batteries have a lower impedance, which is a good thing for sound quality

 

the additional voltage is only advantageous if you are powering very hard to drive headphones.  

 

how would you class AKG K601, K701 and K702?

post #596 of 730
Thread Starter 

in today's standards, medium

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #597 of 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by recstar24 View Post

Thank you. Same when the sr71 came out, surprised there isn't a battery rolling thread yet.

When people talk about clean power, good power delivery affecting sound quality, I always thought it is nonsense.

Until one day, I experience it myself. And I must say, it is not a good discovery.
post #598 of 730

For those still waiting, you have a treat, with every day i love this amp more and more.  Can't see going anywhere with a music setup and not having it attached.  I actually ordered a new portable dac to match with it last week because the all in one Fostex and carrying around the extra built in amp is just ridiculous.  I could never go back to that after living with the Pico Power for a few days.  Hope you all enjoy it as much as i do.

post #599 of 730

Justin, can you tell me if a battery of size: 46.4mm long, 26.5mm wide and 17.5mm high will fit the Pico Power?

 

cheers

Serg

post #600 of 730
Thread Starter 

are you including the terminals in the length?

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread