- 3,446 Posts. Joined 1/2005
- Location: Roselle, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 1/17/15 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I pre order on Aug 2nd 2012, Red colour, paid last Jan 2013 when i got payment notification, i'm still waiting no shipping notification until now
Yup, that's how long it takes. I don't remember exactly, but the wait for the Pico Slim when it was first announced was about the same amount of time.
the order I have from you is for Purple
Item name: Pico Power Portable Amp Qty: 1 Item number: 1199669 (SKU: PICOPOWER-PURPLE)
Which is not available to ship in the first batch, but will be in the next one
Thanks for the update justin w., I don't mind waiting as long as I am informed.
I did sent an email to Headamp also but he responded here with satisfactory update for me.
However it is good that Justin has posted regular updates. It has probably saved him receiving a bazillion emails asking him how the amps are coming along, which would slow him down even further. I could be wrong though.
id be happy if someone could explain to me (in simple terms for my simple mind) what rechargeable battery is best (Ni-MH or Lithium?) for the Pico Power ......Im not waiting at the front fence for it, it will arrive in good time
maybe it was but I did not find it very clear. If you have read my question regarding actual volatge and not what is stamped, written or advertised on the battery you may know where im coming from. A list of brands and there so called voltage doesnt explain to me how or what a 9v lithium actually is. Justin said he will test batteries down the track and thats good but doesnt answer my questions.
Ill try and ask it another way: Lithium Vs Ni-MH. What are their nominal Voltage, what is their peak voltage and what do they drop down to just before needing charging? We can consider all 8.4,9 and 9.6 v options.
Secondly and also important, what are the voltage requirements of the Pico Power? What is the safe max and minimum? Where does perfromance drop off?
Im sorry that batteries are not less than $1 where I live (btw lithium desposable are $15ea, alkiline about $6ea) But since this is a performance device AND I do no want to damage it, I would like to give and get the best of it.
Also Justin already stated safe max and min voltage requirements.
Basically it sounds like you asked a question, got a lot of answers, none of them are good enough, so most likely the answer you are looking for is probably not going to end up being in this thread.
well again for me, rechargeable lithiums or Ni-MH are pretty much the same price (when looking at 2 batteries, charger and shipping). Yes thats shopping online and looking outside my own country. Something you get good at if your not in the "Good ol USA".....you guys have a scale of economey unlike any other country.
Any way, I did not see the max and min voltage as posted by Justin??? I will try and find that. That will be a start.
basicly it sounds like you read my posts, got the answers that you thought suited me (basing them on price and such which I never said was a factor except for throw aways and why I want rechargeable.)
Sorry for asking some actual tech and when I was given the dont worry about it rather than an actual tech answer, I asked again. Seems you know all the answers, so if your going to waste your time posting that I am wasting time, how about adding the tech.......
or maybe I should just update that I havent had an update of a shipping time and date. (not that that is an issue for me)
EDIT: I just looked through pages 29-38. My first Battery post was post # 428 (p29) The majority of responses were just peoples choice of battery (not why, no tech) With the exception of a few, showing a brand that didnt fit as it is a touch large. The others that had tech, did not answer my question as far as I could tell ( I did say I dont know much about battery tech) I had already checked out the battery university as linked and thats where I came up with the question. I also read and re-read Nebby's link to the page of some lithium and Ni-MH 9v batteries. All it listed was the ADVERTISED voltage. When I clicked on the link within to the results of some testing of these, it sent me to a sniper/shooter forum???
No where could I see Justin's response re max/min voltage??? maybe it was posted before I joined. Ill have to go through all 1-29 pages to find that. Justin did say a few 10ths of a volt wont matter. Thats fine, but im not getting that a lithium can be 9v or even 8.4v?? Lithium do have some advantages over Ni-MH as well as some disadvantages.
Im sorry if you are taking this as a crock of ****, but really I just want to make a good purchase and get the most out of my Pico Power.
Edited by Husq2100 - 3/19/13 at 9:30pm
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 2 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 34 seconds ago
- › How to Manually Create Playlists for the X5 50 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for Tube Amp 2 minutes ago
- › When can we have next Calgary Canada Head-fi meet 4 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? 5 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)