- 3,434 Posts. Joined 1/2005
- Location: Roselle, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 4/15/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I pre order on Aug 2nd 2012, Red colour, paid last Jan 2013 when i got payment notification, i'm still waiting no shipping notification until now
Yup, that's how long it takes. I don't remember exactly, but the wait for the Pico Slim when it was first announced was about the same amount of time.
the order I have from you is for Purple
Item name: Pico Power Portable Amp Qty: 1 Item number: 1199669 (SKU: PICOPOWER-PURPLE)
Which is not available to ship in the first batch, but will be in the next one
Thanks for the update justin w., I don't mind waiting as long as I am informed.
I did sent an email to Headamp also but he responded here with satisfactory update for me.
However it is good that Justin has posted regular updates. It has probably saved him receiving a bazillion emails asking him how the amps are coming along, which would slow him down even further. I could be wrong though.
id be happy if someone could explain to me (in simple terms for my simple mind) what rechargeable battery is best (Ni-MH or Lithium?) for the Pico Power ......Im not waiting at the front fence for it, it will arrive in good time
maybe it was but I did not find it very clear. If you have read my question regarding actual volatge and not what is stamped, written or advertised on the battery you may know where im coming from. A list of brands and there so called voltage doesnt explain to me how or what a 9v lithium actually is. Justin said he will test batteries down the track and thats good but doesnt answer my questions.
Ill try and ask it another way: Lithium Vs Ni-MH. What are their nominal Voltage, what is their peak voltage and what do they drop down to just before needing charging? We can consider all 8.4,9 and 9.6 v options.
Secondly and also important, what are the voltage requirements of the Pico Power? What is the safe max and minimum? Where does perfromance drop off?
Im sorry that batteries are not less than $1 where I live (btw lithium desposable are $15ea, alkiline about $6ea) But since this is a performance device AND I do no want to damage it, I would like to give and get the best of it.
Also Justin already stated safe max and min voltage requirements.
Basically it sounds like you asked a question, got a lot of answers, none of them are good enough, so most likely the answer you are looking for is probably not going to end up being in this thread.
well again for me, rechargeable lithiums or Ni-MH are pretty much the same price (when looking at 2 batteries, charger and shipping). Yes thats shopping online and looking outside my own country. Something you get good at if your not in the "Good ol USA".....you guys have a scale of economey unlike any other country.
Any way, I did not see the max and min voltage as posted by Justin??? I will try and find that. That will be a start.
basicly it sounds like you read my posts, got the answers that you thought suited me (basing them on price and such which I never said was a factor except for throw aways and why I want rechargeable.)
Sorry for asking some actual tech and when I was given the dont worry about it rather than an actual tech answer, I asked again. Seems you know all the answers, so if your going to waste your time posting that I am wasting time, how about adding the tech.......
or maybe I should just update that I havent had an update of a shipping time and date. (not that that is an issue for me)
EDIT: I just looked through pages 29-38. My first Battery post was post # 428 (p29) The majority of responses were just peoples choice of battery (not why, no tech) With the exception of a few, showing a brand that didnt fit as it is a touch large. The others that had tech, did not answer my question as far as I could tell ( I did say I dont know much about battery tech) I had already checked out the battery university as linked and thats where I came up with the question. I also read and re-read Nebby's link to the page of some lithium and Ni-MH 9v batteries. All it listed was the ADVERTISED voltage. When I clicked on the link within to the results of some testing of these, it sent me to a sniper/shooter forum???
No where could I see Justin's response re max/min voltage??? maybe it was posted before I joined. Ill have to go through all 1-29 pages to find that. Justin did say a few 10ths of a volt wont matter. Thats fine, but im not getting that a lithium can be 9v or even 8.4v?? Lithium do have some advantages over Ni-MH as well as some disadvantages.
Im sorry if you are taking this as a crock of ****, but really I just want to make a good purchase and get the most out of my Pico Power.
Edited by Husq2100 - 3/19/13 at 9:30pm
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 10 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 20 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › FS - For Sale - GRADO PS500 - MINT CONDITION - To Europe 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds with mic sound weird on laptop 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)