- 3,448 Posts. Joined 1/2005
- Location: Roselle, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 11/1/16 at 4:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Holiday Deals - Rolling Annoucements Last post on 11/28/16 at 6:07pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- THE BHSE DEPRESSED AWAITING DELIVERY THREAD Last post on 5/5/16 at 11:12pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour .Thank you for the opportunity Micah and the RHA Team. Selflessly our Tour Organiser , @glassmonkey gave me the chance to unwrap this...
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I pre order on Aug 2nd 2012, Red colour, paid last Jan 2013 when i got payment notification, i'm still waiting no shipping notification until now
Yup, that's how long it takes. I don't remember exactly, but the wait for the Pico Slim when it was first announced was about the same amount of time.
the order I have from you is for Purple
Item name: Pico Power Portable Amp Qty: 1 Item number: 1199669 (SKU: PICOPOWER-PURPLE)
Which is not available to ship in the first batch, but will be in the next one
Thanks for the update justin w., I don't mind waiting as long as I am informed.
I did sent an email to Headamp also but he responded here with satisfactory update for me.
However it is good that Justin has posted regular updates. It has probably saved him receiving a bazillion emails asking him how the amps are coming along, which would slow him down even further. I could be wrong though.
id be happy if someone could explain to me (in simple terms for my simple mind) what rechargeable battery is best (Ni-MH or Lithium?) for the Pico Power ......Im not waiting at the front fence for it, it will arrive in good time
maybe it was but I did not find it very clear. If you have read my question regarding actual volatge and not what is stamped, written or advertised on the battery you may know where im coming from. A list of brands and there so called voltage doesnt explain to me how or what a 9v lithium actually is. Justin said he will test batteries down the track and thats good but doesnt answer my questions.
Ill try and ask it another way: Lithium Vs Ni-MH. What are their nominal Voltage, what is their peak voltage and what do they drop down to just before needing charging? We can consider all 8.4,9 and 9.6 v options.
Secondly and also important, what are the voltage requirements of the Pico Power? What is the safe max and minimum? Where does perfromance drop off?
Im sorry that batteries are not less than $1 where I live (btw lithium desposable are $15ea, alkiline about $6ea) But since this is a performance device AND I do no want to damage it, I would like to give and get the best of it.
Also Justin already stated safe max and min voltage requirements.
Basically it sounds like you asked a question, got a lot of answers, none of them are good enough, so most likely the answer you are looking for is probably not going to end up being in this thread.
well again for me, rechargeable lithiums or Ni-MH are pretty much the same price (when looking at 2 batteries, charger and shipping). Yes thats shopping online and looking outside my own country. Something you get good at if your not in the "Good ol USA".....you guys have a scale of economey unlike any other country.
Any way, I did not see the max and min voltage as posted by Justin??? I will try and find that. That will be a start.
basicly it sounds like you read my posts, got the answers that you thought suited me (basing them on price and such which I never said was a factor except for throw aways and why I want rechargeable.)
Sorry for asking some actual tech and when I was given the dont worry about it rather than an actual tech answer, I asked again. Seems you know all the answers, so if your going to waste your time posting that I am wasting time, how about adding the tech.......
or maybe I should just update that I havent had an update of a shipping time and date. (not that that is an issue for me)
EDIT: I just looked through pages 29-38. My first Battery post was post # 428 (p29) The majority of responses were just peoples choice of battery (not why, no tech) With the exception of a few, showing a brand that didnt fit as it is a touch large. The others that had tech, did not answer my question as far as I could tell ( I did say I dont know much about battery tech) I had already checked out the battery university as linked and thats where I came up with the question. I also read and re-read Nebby's link to the page of some lithium and Ni-MH 9v batteries. All it listed was the ADVERTISED voltage. When I clicked on the link within to the results of some testing of these, it sent me to a sniper/shooter forum???
No where could I see Justin's response re max/min voltage??? maybe it was posted before I joined. Ill have to go through all 1-29 pages to find that. Justin did say a few 10ths of a volt wont matter. Thats fine, but im not getting that a lithium can be 9v or even 8.4v?? Lithium do have some advantages over Ni-MH as well as some disadvantages.
Im sorry if you are taking this as a crock of ****, but really I just want to make a good purchase and get the most out of my Pico Power.
Edited by Husq2100 - 3/19/13 at 9:30pm
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 43 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods (All verified mods are on first... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 3 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 5 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 6 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear