I'm looking forward to Orange!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 8/14/14 at 9:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by justin w. - 1/23/13 at 11:22am
thats fine. just sent you an email. you must be freezing.
Thanks for your understanding and yeah, the weather is pretty wretched at the moment.
I sold my pico slim with life time warranty to get this product because Jason says its the best sounding pico amp he has built. I am giving up the unique digital volume of the slim. The size of the pico slim versus pico power makes no difference to me. In fact I tink I will prefer the larger size of the power. I am looking forward to this thing finally arriving. I have a M8 on order too but due to its size I still want a pico amp. Hard to beat for sound, quality build and athetics-ordered it in gray.
Edited by mtntrance - 1/27/13 at 8:01pm
This question has come up few times -- The last day to place an order and get the pre-order price will be Saturday Feb 9.
Here is the link to the order page. It can also be found on the first post of the thread.
I have a couple of questions about the pico power that hopefully Justin can answer.
1. Is the background hiss level for sensitive IEMs less than that of the Pico Slim?
2. At the lowest gain with sensitive IEMs listening at low levels, will you be listening above the volume pot's unbalanced portion?
3. Do the two 9v batteries have to be equivalent, what happens if one dies first. I guess the real question is are the batteries connected in series?
4. Are there sound quality differences if you use different voltage 9v batteries, in the nimh variety they exist as 7.2v,8.4v, and 9.6v variants nominal voltage.
5. What is the max voltage the batteries can be? The voltage can reach 11.52v each for a fully charged 9.6v nimh version.
6. Are there sound quality differences using batteries that can deliver more current (li-ion) vs those that can't (carbon-zinc)
7. Does sound quality degrade as the batteries run down?
8. Does it have a mechanism to let you know it's time to replace the batteries before just hearing distortion?
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 1 minute ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 1 minute ago
- › What DAC out of these three should I get? 2 minutes ago
- › [Updated] FS: new Bottlehead S.E.X. v2.1 w/ C4S & Impedance Switch... 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)