I'm looking forward to Orange!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 2/20/15 at 6:01am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by justin w. - 1/23/13 at 11:22am
thats fine. just sent you an email. you must be freezing.
Thanks for your understanding and yeah, the weather is pretty wretched at the moment.
I sold my pico slim with life time warranty to get this product because Jason says its the best sounding pico amp he has built. I am giving up the unique digital volume of the slim. The size of the pico slim versus pico power makes no difference to me. In fact I tink I will prefer the larger size of the power. I am looking forward to this thing finally arriving. I have a M8 on order too but due to its size I still want a pico amp. Hard to beat for sound, quality build and athetics-ordered it in gray.
Edited by mtntrance - 1/27/13 at 8:01pm
This question has come up few times -- The last day to place an order and get the pre-order price will be Saturday Feb 9.
Here is the link to the order page. It can also be found on the first post of the thread.
I have a couple of questions about the pico power that hopefully Justin can answer.
1. Is the background hiss level for sensitive IEMs less than that of the Pico Slim?
2. At the lowest gain with sensitive IEMs listening at low levels, will you be listening above the volume pot's unbalanced portion?
3. Do the two 9v batteries have to be equivalent, what happens if one dies first. I guess the real question is are the batteries connected in series?
4. Are there sound quality differences if you use different voltage 9v batteries, in the nimh variety they exist as 7.2v,8.4v, and 9.6v variants nominal voltage.
5. What is the max voltage the batteries can be? The voltage can reach 11.52v each for a fully charged 9.6v nimh version.
6. Are there sound quality differences using batteries that can deliver more current (li-ion) vs those that can't (carbon-zinc)
7. Does sound quality degrade as the batteries run down?
8. Does it have a mechanism to let you know it's time to replace the batteries before just hearing distortion?
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 33 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 34 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › IC: 2015 Melbourne Meet 4 minutes ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Aurix 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2