I'm looking forward to Orange!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 12/11/13 at 11:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Need help deciding on an amp ASAP!!! Last post on 10/4/13 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 9/7/13 at 10:36pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 20post #286 of 7301/22/13 at 3:43pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #287 of 7301/23/13 at 12:10ampost #288 of 7301/23/13 at 4:55ampost #289 of 7301/23/13 at 10:31amThread StarterAssembly under way. Hit a snag because of the way things were anodized, have to retap the screw holes. Had to order a tap and its coming today.
Edited by justin w. - 1/23/13 at 11:22ampost #290 of 7301/23/13 at 1:35pmpost #291 of 7301/23/13 at 2:07pmpost #292 of 7301/24/13 at 4:48ampost #293 of 7301/24/13 at 5:29pmpost #294 of 7301/24/13 at 6:45pmThread StarterQuote:
thats fine. just sent you an email. you must be freezing.post #295 of 7301/24/13 at 8:31pmpost #296 of 7301/27/13 at 8:00pm
I sold my pico slim with life time warranty to get this product because Jason says its the best sounding pico amp he has built. I am giving up the unique digital volume of the slim. The size of the pico slim versus pico power makes no difference to me. In fact I tink I will prefer the larger size of the power. I am looking forward to this thing finally arriving. I have a M8 on order too but due to its size I still want a pico amp. Hard to beat for sound, quality build and athetics-ordered it in gray.
Edited by mtntrance - 1/27/13 at 8:01pmpost #297 of 7301/29/13 at 12:31amThread Starter
This question has come up few times -- The last day to place an order and get the pre-order price will be Saturday Feb 9.
Here is the link to the order page. It can also be found on the first post of the thread.post #298 of 7301/31/13 at 12:14amThread Starterpost #299 of 7301/31/13 at 12:22ampost #300 of 7301/31/13 at 5:57pm
I have a couple of questions about the pico power that hopefully Justin can answer.
1. Is the background hiss level for sensitive IEMs less than that of the Pico Slim?
2. At the lowest gain with sensitive IEMs listening at low levels, will you be listening above the volume pot's unbalanced portion?
3. Do the two 9v batteries have to be equivalent, what happens if one dies first. I guess the real question is are the batteries connected in series?
4. Are there sound quality differences if you use different voltage 9v batteries, in the nimh variety they exist as 7.2v,8.4v, and 9.6v variants nominal voltage.
5. What is the max voltage the batteries can be? The voltage can reach 11.52v each for a fully charged 9.6v nimh version.
6. Are there sound quality differences using batteries that can deliver more current (li-ion) vs those that can't (carbon-zinc)
7. Does sound quality degrade as the batteries run down?
8. Does it have a mechanism to let you know it's time to replace the batteries before just hearing distortion?
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 8 seconds ago
- › FS/FT: Sennheiser HD-800 w/ Headphone Lounge Octa-Conductor OCC... 49 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 1 minute ago
- › ELE DAC vs MacBook Pro internal DAC - virtually the same SQ? 2 minutes ago
- › Electrodynamic and electrostatic headphones now obsolete ? 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 8 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe