I'm looking forward to Orange!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 4/15/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 20post #286 of 7301/22/13 at 3:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 7301/23/13 at 12:10ampost #288 of 7301/23/13 at 4:55ampost #289 of 7301/23/13 at 10:31amThread StarterAssembly under way. Hit a snag because of the way things were anodized, have to retap the screw holes. Had to order a tap and its coming today.
Edited by justin w. - 1/23/13 at 11:22ampost #290 of 7301/23/13 at 1:35pmpost #291 of 7301/23/13 at 2:07pmpost #292 of 7301/24/13 at 4:48ampost #293 of 7301/24/13 at 5:29pmpost #294 of 7301/24/13 at 6:45pmThread StarterQuote:
thats fine. just sent you an email. you must be freezing.post #295 of 7301/24/13 at 8:31pmpost #296 of 7301/27/13 at 8:00pm
I sold my pico slim with life time warranty to get this product because Jason says its the best sounding pico amp he has built. I am giving up the unique digital volume of the slim. The size of the pico slim versus pico power makes no difference to me. In fact I tink I will prefer the larger size of the power. I am looking forward to this thing finally arriving. I have a M8 on order too but due to its size I still want a pico amp. Hard to beat for sound, quality build and athetics-ordered it in gray.
Edited by mtntrance - 1/27/13 at 8:01pmpost #297 of 7301/29/13 at 12:31amThread Starter
This question has come up few times -- The last day to place an order and get the pre-order price will be Saturday Feb 9.
Here is the link to the order page. It can also be found on the first post of the thread.post #298 of 7301/31/13 at 12:14amThread Starterpost #299 of 7301/31/13 at 12:22ampost #300 of 7301/31/13 at 5:57pm
I have a couple of questions about the pico power that hopefully Justin can answer.
1. Is the background hiss level for sensitive IEMs less than that of the Pico Slim?
2. At the lowest gain with sensitive IEMs listening at low levels, will you be listening above the volume pot's unbalanced portion?
3. Do the two 9v batteries have to be equivalent, what happens if one dies first. I guess the real question is are the batteries connected in series?
4. Are there sound quality differences if you use different voltage 9v batteries, in the nimh variety they exist as 7.2v,8.4v, and 9.6v variants nominal voltage.
5. What is the max voltage the batteries can be? The voltage can reach 11.52v each for a fully charged 9.6v nimh version.
6. Are there sound quality differences using batteries that can deliver more current (li-ion) vs those that can't (carbon-zinc)
7. Does sound quality degrade as the batteries run down?
8. Does it have a mechanism to let you know it's time to replace the batteries before just hearing distortion?
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 21 seconds ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 41 seconds ago
- › reasonable pair of over-ears 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › General Headphone Amplifier Survey 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude