I'm looking forward to Orange!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 8/1/15 at 8:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by justin w. - 1/23/13 at 11:22am
thats fine. just sent you an email. you must be freezing.
Thanks for your understanding and yeah, the weather is pretty wretched at the moment.
I sold my pico slim with life time warranty to get this product because Jason says its the best sounding pico amp he has built. I am giving up the unique digital volume of the slim. The size of the pico slim versus pico power makes no difference to me. In fact I tink I will prefer the larger size of the power. I am looking forward to this thing finally arriving. I have a M8 on order too but due to its size I still want a pico amp. Hard to beat for sound, quality build and athetics-ordered it in gray.
Edited by mtntrance - 1/27/13 at 8:01pm
This question has come up few times -- The last day to place an order and get the pre-order price will be Saturday Feb 9.
Here is the link to the order page. It can also be found on the first post of the thread.
I have a couple of questions about the pico power that hopefully Justin can answer.
1. Is the background hiss level for sensitive IEMs less than that of the Pico Slim?
2. At the lowest gain with sensitive IEMs listening at low levels, will you be listening above the volume pot's unbalanced portion?
3. Do the two 9v batteries have to be equivalent, what happens if one dies first. I guess the real question is are the batteries connected in series?
4. Are there sound quality differences if you use different voltage 9v batteries, in the nimh variety they exist as 7.2v,8.4v, and 9.6v variants nominal voltage.
5. What is the max voltage the batteries can be? The voltage can reach 11.52v each for a fully charged 9.6v nimh version.
6. Are there sound quality differences using batteries that can deliver more current (li-ion) vs those that can't (carbon-zinc)
7. Does sound quality degrade as the batteries run down?
8. Does it have a mechanism to let you know it's time to replace the batteries before just hearing distortion?
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Clash of the not-quite Titans! (ATH-M50X vs DT770 vs DT250 vs... 25 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 32 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Topping NX2 Portable DAC/Amp Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Wharfedale Diamond 220 Bookshelf Speakers 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2