Hey guys, I got my k2 today!! =) they are not a WoW earphone, but that was not what i was looking for anyway..they sound very clear n bright imo. Going to do more listening with them =)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
- productEarSonics SM2tagged by System, 12/20/10
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/20/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 12/20/10
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEM ~200$ Last post on 11/7/12 at 9:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones for under $250? Last post on 6/28/12 at 9:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM(s) with CK10-Type Sound Signature? Last post on 7/14/16 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
[Review] Sensaphonics j-phonics - the BEST professional universal stage ear monitor yet - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 2088/8/11 at 1:37ampost #183 of 2088/8/11 at 8:27ampost #184 of 2088/8/11 at 8:29ampost #185 of 2088/8/11 at 2:41pm
lol... Wow as in "Wow these sound good". They are really comfy and the sound is brilliant, but I just wish that the soundstage would be a bit bigger. But all in all, I am very happy with the sound separation n clarity.
Quote:post #186 of 2088/8/11 at 5:29pmpost #187 of 2088/8/11 at 5:51pmpost #188 of 2088/8/11 at 5:55pmpost #189 of 2088/8/11 at 5:57pm
I have the SP (Stage Monitor) and he has the MX (Musical Extreme) (<-!)
Indeed, our comments reflect the names, I'm not so sure... but Shigzeo thinks the MX and SP are identical, apart from a filter... (which dogears has removed).post #190 of 2088/8/11 at 6:01pmpost #191 of 2088/8/11 at 6:06pm
I only have a mobile phone camera, I'm not into cameras I like sound.
I'll try, tomorrow.
I was thinking along the same lines, that the drivers could be placed differently on the MX, which alters the sound, however no way of checking without sending an email to J-phonic or someone with an MX skeleton.post #192 of 2088/8/11 at 6:09pm
But as you mentioned, I think they have the same config except for the filters on MX --- which I think is a 'miss' because they sounded awful for a $400 IEM :P It is so unrecommended :D Good thing the filters can easily be removed :)post #193 of 2088/8/11 at 6:29pm
I think they have the same config only because Shigzeo thinks so, afterall he had both the SP and MX right? For rather obscure reasons he's had the SP, MX and 2-XS, which is basically three copies of the same product.
He must love Sensaphonic, I think he's an old-school audio lover, from back when only Sensaphonic and Ultimate Ears had noteworthy custom IEM's, and everyone would compare the 2-XS and some UE model.
In those days the 2-XS was very popular, and expensive, now we have the 2-XS in a universal IEM at half the cost, I think this fact, and his very long exposure to this sound (unless I'm mistaken) factors in to his appreciation for the J-phonic.
For me, it's a completely new sound, I have very little exposure to it, and nothing to compare it to apart from the Stax SR-404 (the full-size electrostatic sound, unlike your Stax IEM's), and the Apple earbud, because that's all it has anything in common with in it's signature, and the ATH-CK10 as far as speed and detail are concerned.
Yes I know it sounds crazy, Stax and apple earbuds, but if you listen to an apple earbud (they're not that bad, made by Fostex after all) and imagine the same sound 5 times better so to speak, that is close to what you'll hear in the J-phonic.
More detailed impressions to come soon.post #194 of 2088/8/11 at 6:46pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Sensaphonics j-phonics - the BEST professional universal stage ear monitor yet
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 second ago
- › Ifi iPurifier 2 22 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 35 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › IFI iPurifier2 LIKE NEW 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear in stock and a loaner program! 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...