Hey guys, I got my k2 today!! =) they are not a WoW earphone, but that was not what i was looking for anyway..they sound very clear n bright imo. Going to do more listening with them =)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
- productEarSonics SM2tagged by System, 12/20/10
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/20/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 12/20/10
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEM ~200$ Last post on 11/7/12 at 9:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones for under $250? Last post on 6/28/12 at 9:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM(s) with CK10-Type Sound Signature? Last post on 7/14/16 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
[Review] Sensaphonics j-phonics - the BEST professional universal stage ear monitor yet - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 2088/8/11 at 1:37ampost #183 of 2088/8/11 at 8:27ampost #184 of 2088/8/11 at 8:29ampost #185 of 2088/8/11 at 2:41pm
lol... Wow as in "Wow these sound good". They are really comfy and the sound is brilliant, but I just wish that the soundstage would be a bit bigger. But all in all, I am very happy with the sound separation n clarity.
Quote:post #186 of 2088/8/11 at 5:29pmpost #187 of 2088/8/11 at 5:51pmpost #188 of 2088/8/11 at 5:55pmpost #189 of 2088/8/11 at 5:57pm
I have the SP (Stage Monitor) and he has the MX (Musical Extreme) (<-!)
Indeed, our comments reflect the names, I'm not so sure... but Shigzeo thinks the MX and SP are identical, apart from a filter... (which dogears has removed).post #190 of 2088/8/11 at 6:01pmpost #191 of 2088/8/11 at 6:06pm
I only have a mobile phone camera, I'm not into cameras I like sound.
I'll try, tomorrow.
I was thinking along the same lines, that the drivers could be placed differently on the MX, which alters the sound, however no way of checking without sending an email to J-phonic or someone with an MX skeleton.post #192 of 2088/8/11 at 6:09pm
But as you mentioned, I think they have the same config except for the filters on MX --- which I think is a 'miss' because they sounded awful for a $400 IEM :P It is so unrecommended :D Good thing the filters can easily be removed :)post #193 of 2088/8/11 at 6:29pm
I think they have the same config only because Shigzeo thinks so, afterall he had both the SP and MX right? For rather obscure reasons he's had the SP, MX and 2-XS, which is basically three copies of the same product.
He must love Sensaphonic, I think he's an old-school audio lover, from back when only Sensaphonic and Ultimate Ears had noteworthy custom IEM's, and everyone would compare the 2-XS and some UE model.
In those days the 2-XS was very popular, and expensive, now we have the 2-XS in a universal IEM at half the cost, I think this fact, and his very long exposure to this sound (unless I'm mistaken) factors in to his appreciation for the J-phonic.
For me, it's a completely new sound, I have very little exposure to it, and nothing to compare it to apart from the Stax SR-404 (the full-size electrostatic sound, unlike your Stax IEM's), and the Apple earbud, because that's all it has anything in common with in it's signature, and the ATH-CK10 as far as speed and detail are concerned.
Yes I know it sounds crazy, Stax and apple earbuds, but if you listen to an apple earbud (they're not that bad, made by Fostex after all) and imagine the same sound 5 times better so to speak, that is close to what you'll hear in the J-phonic.
More detailed impressions to come soon.post #194 of 2088/8/11 at 6:46pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Sensaphonics j-phonics - the BEST professional universal stage ear monitor yet
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2x Nuforce HA-200 (dual mono) 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR! 3 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Matrix M-Stage HPA-3U and HPA-3B, review to follow! 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear