Hey guys, I got my k2 today!! =) they are not a WoW earphone, but that was not what i was looking for anyway..they sound very clear n bright imo. Going to do more listening with them =)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
- productEarSonics SM2tagged by System, 12/20/10
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/20/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 12/20/10
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEM ~200$ Last post on 11/7/12 at 9:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones for under $250? Last post on 6/28/12 at 9:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM(s) with CK10-Type Sound Signature? Last post on 6/12/12 at 8:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
[Review] Sensaphonics j-phonics - the BEST professional universal stage ear monitor yet - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 2088/8/11 at 1:37ampost #183 of 2088/8/11 at 8:27am
WoW as in they're not "WoW these sound good" or WoW as in they're not suitable for World of Warcraft?post #184 of 2088/8/11 at 8:29ampost #185 of 2088/8/11 at 2:41pm
lol... Wow as in "Wow these sound good". They are really comfy and the sound is brilliant, but I just wish that the soundstage would be a bit bigger. But all in all, I am very happy with the sound separation n clarity.
Quote:post #186 of 2088/8/11 at 5:29pmpost #187 of 2088/8/11 at 5:51pmpost #188 of 2088/8/11 at 5:55pmpost #189 of 2088/8/11 at 5:57pm
I have the SP (Stage Monitor) and he has the MX (Musical Extreme) (<-!)
Indeed, our comments reflect the names, I'm not so sure... but Shigzeo thinks the MX and SP are identical, apart from a filter... (which dogears has removed).post #190 of 2088/8/11 at 6:01pmpost #191 of 2088/8/11 at 6:06pm
I only have a mobile phone camera, I'm not into cameras I like sound.
I'll try, tomorrow.
I was thinking along the same lines, that the drivers could be placed differently on the MX, which alters the sound, however no way of checking without sending an email to J-phonic or someone with an MX skeleton.post #192 of 2088/8/11 at 6:09pm
But as you mentioned, I think they have the same config except for the filters on MX --- which I think is a 'miss' because they sounded awful for a $400 IEM :P It is so unrecommended :D Good thing the filters can easily be removed :)post #193 of 2088/8/11 at 6:29pm
I think they have the same config only because Shigzeo thinks so, afterall he had both the SP and MX right? For rather obscure reasons he's had the SP, MX and 2-XS, which is basically three copies of the same product.
He must love Sensaphonic, I think he's an old-school audio lover, from back when only Sensaphonic and Ultimate Ears had noteworthy custom IEM's, and everyone would compare the 2-XS and some UE model.
In those days the 2-XS was very popular, and expensive, now we have the 2-XS in a universal IEM at half the cost, I think this fact, and his very long exposure to this sound (unless I'm mistaken) factors in to his appreciation for the J-phonic.
For me, it's a completely new sound, I have very little exposure to it, and nothing to compare it to apart from the Stax SR-404 (the full-size electrostatic sound, unlike your Stax IEM's), and the Apple earbud, because that's all it has anything in common with in it's signature, and the ATH-CK10 as far as speed and detail are concerned.
Yes I know it sounds crazy, Stax and apple earbuds, but if you listen to an apple earbud (they're not that bad, made by Fostex after all) and imagine the same sound 5 times better so to speak, that is close to what you'll hear in the J-phonic.
More detailed impressions to come soon.post #194 of 2088/8/11 at 6:46pmpost #195 of 2088/8/11 at 6:55pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Sensaphonics j-phonics - the BEST professional universal stage ear monitor yet
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 13 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Appreciation Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 35 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 43 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 59 seconds ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 59 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Scorpion Cable (Westone pin termination) 1 minute ago
- › JRiver Media Center 19 is better! 1 minute ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob