Hey guys, I got my k2 today!! =) they are not a WoW earphone, but that was not what i was looking for anyway..they sound very clear n bright imo. Going to do more listening with them =)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
- productEarSonics SM2tagged by System, 12/20/10
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/20/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 12/20/10
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEM ~200$ Last post on 11/7/12 at 9:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones for under $250? Last post on 6/28/12 at 9:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM(s) with CK10-Type Sound Signature? Last post on 7/14/16 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
I got the same kind but of course in purple Philips SHE3590PP/28 In-Ear Headphones (Purple) - there is basically no based and I had to turn the volume way up to hear sound that didn't sound cheap.
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
[Review] Sensaphonics j-phonics - the BEST professional universal stage ear monitor yet - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 2088/8/11 at 1:37ampost #183 of 2088/8/11 at 8:27ampost #184 of 2088/8/11 at 8:29ampost #185 of 2088/8/11 at 2:41pm
lol... Wow as in "Wow these sound good". They are really comfy and the sound is brilliant, but I just wish that the soundstage would be a bit bigger. But all in all, I am very happy with the sound separation n clarity.
Quote:post #186 of 2088/8/11 at 5:29pmpost #187 of 2088/8/11 at 5:51pmpost #188 of 2088/8/11 at 5:55pmpost #189 of 2088/8/11 at 5:57pm
I have the SP (Stage Monitor) and he has the MX (Musical Extreme) (<-!)
Indeed, our comments reflect the names, I'm not so sure... but Shigzeo thinks the MX and SP are identical, apart from a filter... (which dogears has removed).post #190 of 2088/8/11 at 6:01pmpost #191 of 2088/8/11 at 6:06pm
I only have a mobile phone camera, I'm not into cameras I like sound.
I'll try, tomorrow.
I was thinking along the same lines, that the drivers could be placed differently on the MX, which alters the sound, however no way of checking without sending an email to J-phonic or someone with an MX skeleton.post #192 of 2088/8/11 at 6:09pm
But as you mentioned, I think they have the same config except for the filters on MX --- which I think is a 'miss' because they sounded awful for a $400 IEM :P It is so unrecommended :D Good thing the filters can easily be removed :)post #193 of 2088/8/11 at 6:29pm
I think they have the same config only because Shigzeo thinks so, afterall he had both the SP and MX right? For rather obscure reasons he's had the SP, MX and 2-XS, which is basically three copies of the same product.
He must love Sensaphonic, I think he's an old-school audio lover, from back when only Sensaphonic and Ultimate Ears had noteworthy custom IEM's, and everyone would compare the 2-XS and some UE model.
In those days the 2-XS was very popular, and expensive, now we have the 2-XS in a universal IEM at half the cost, I think this fact, and his very long exposure to this sound (unless I'm mistaken) factors in to his appreciation for the J-phonic.
For me, it's a completely new sound, I have very little exposure to it, and nothing to compare it to apart from the Stax SR-404 (the full-size electrostatic sound, unlike your Stax IEM's), and the Apple earbud, because that's all it has anything in common with in it's signature, and the ATH-CK10 as far as speed and detail are concerned.
Yes I know it sounds crazy, Stax and apple earbuds, but if you listen to an apple earbud (they're not that bad, made by Fostex after all) and imagine the same sound 5 times better so to speak, that is close to what you'll hear in the J-phonic.
More detailed impressions to come soon.post #194 of 2088/8/11 at 6:46pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Sensaphonics j-phonics - the BEST professional universal stage ear monitor yet
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 50 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 54 seconds ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...