So I've been in an extensive hunt for a perfect set of headphones for my self (you can see my the few threads I've started or commented on). Although I originally considered the Beats By Dre Studio, it is now a thing of the past as I don't want to spend more than $150 on headphones anymore. So out of all the headphones I've been looking at, this seems to be the best pair of bass heavy headphones that still has good sound quality and is never muddy. I really love the extended frequency range these are stated to have. These are even stated to be the better than the highly regarded ATH M50s for bass heads. But before I buy them there are a few concerns I have that I believe only people who own them may be able to answer so can you guys please help me out with this:
1. Can I use them unamped through my laptop? If the only thing that improves with the amp is a better balance of bass then I don't think I would care much for one (atleast not for a while) since I love bass as long as the sound is still clear throughout.
2. I hate coiled cables so can I just get a standard 2.5mm to 3.5mm straight cable from a store like The Source to replace the stock coiled cable instead of getting the overpriced one Shure sells? If there is another place that sells them, can you guys tell me where please?
3. I hear alot of people complain about the discomfort these seem to have at first and this is my biggest issue because I need to be able to use them for an entire day, around 6-10hrs. Now I have 5 min breaks at the end of each hour where I can take a break and take them off but for the remaining 55mins of each hour I would like to keep them on. Now I don't need these for work purposes for say (not a dj or anything), but I need music in order to make what I do more enjoyable and so that I can stay relaxed. So are these headphones capable of extended use like I want? How long can I wear them for comfortably?
4. If the initial discomfort does disappear, how long before this happens? I think I would only have 30 days before I can give them back for full refund I'f I'm not pleased with them.
5. Do the ear cups make your eats very hot and sweaty like the M50 are stated to do? Or are these better? Have you guys tried using any other pads on these?
6. For those that have kept them, why do you love them so much and would you recommend them to me? For those that sold them, why did you do so?
My friend can get me these at discount so due to the price, I'm attempted to grab them right away, but I prefer to have you guys help me figure out whether these are the perfect fit for me so can avoid the hassle of returning them. So please your help will be greatly appreciated, I plan on picking them up by Thursday afternoon so hopefully you guys can help me by then.