In the market for a new IEM, currently using VModa somethings and have a new Fuze on the way. I saw that I can get the IE7's refurbished from an authorized Sennheiser dealer on Amazon for $94. Should I jump on these or go with something else in that price range. I'd like to stay around a hundred. I listen to pop, punk, rock, hip hop, classic rock mostly.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE7 @ US$ 100 ? Last post on 3/9/12 at 7:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are these Sennheiser IE7 earphones fake? Last post on 12/2/11 at 11:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- advice on iem for rock/metal Last post on 3/21/11 at 5:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Wondering what earphones to get. Recomendations please. :) Last post on 12/13/10 at 7:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
For $100, IE7 refurb or something else in that range?post #1 of 912/14/10 at 1:46pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 912/14/10 at 3:21pm
If you like a smooth, warm, somewhat bass-heavy sound, you might want to check the coupon code posted in this thread for the Munitio 9mm's, 40% off brings them to your budget range: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/527397/iem-for-hip-hop/15#post_7124483
Edited by batpig - 12/14/10 at 3:23pmpost #3 of 912/14/10 at 3:53pmThread Starterpost #4 of 912/15/10 at 2:37amThread Starterpost #5 of 912/15/10 at 9:03am
you may want to check out the "master" IEM comparison thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-125-iems-compared-sony-xb40ex-ex85-added-12-08
gives one man's opinions/scores on all sorts of IEM's in different price ranges.post #6 of 912/15/10 at 9:39am
IE7 are great sounding IEMs and will match well with above genres and DAP but there are few more IEMs to look at like Custom 3, HJE900, MC5, RE-ZERO and PFE112post #7 of 912/15/10 at 10:47amThread Starter
Well, I've been interested in the HJE900's but the problem with those is finding them for sale. I hadn't considered the MC5 due to hearing about the lack of bass. I don't know anything about the Custom 3 so that's one I'll definitely look into and the price of the PFE112 puts it at a different level where I'd have to bring more IEMs into play like the DBA's which I would have bought on impulse if bugdenaudio had them in stock. I went ahead and ordered the IE7's at $94 just because it seemed like a great deal. That's not to say I'm going to keep them though because I might not like them and I could always resell them at that price anyway, so I'm still looking at all the options out there.post #8 of 912/15/10 at 11:39amThread Starter
As I've done some more reading, I'm really looking forward to getting the IE7's. I read so many good reviews of the IE8 and then I've read quite a few people prefer the IE7 to the IE8 so I'm looking forward to it. I definitely think I'll still make an attempt at some DBA's in the future when they become available. I just felt like I couldn't go wrong with spending $94 on the IE7 so we'll see how it goes. I looked into the Custom 3 and read some good things about the sound but apparently the cable are garbage which kind of sucks because I really liked the looks of it.post #9 of 92/17/11 at 9:55amQuote:Originally Posted by glfpunk
As I've done some more reading, I'm really looking forward to getting the IE7's. I read so many good reviews of the IE8 and then I've read quite a few people prefer the IE7 to the IE8 so I'm looking forward to it. I definitely think I'll still make an attempt at some DBA's in the future when they become available. I just felt like I couldn't go wrong with spending $94 on the IE7 so we'll see how it goes. I looked into the Custom 3 and read some good things about the sound but apparently the cable are garbage which kind of sucks because I really liked the looks of it.
Did you ever get your pair of IE7's yet. Adtron has refurbished IE7's for sale on amazon.com for $94.00. Adtron is an authorized Sennheiser Dealer and I just purchased a pair from him. I'm excited to get them as I am very happy with my IE8's. Just looking forward to a different flavor. More based on mids and balance and less bass. I think The IE8's and Dennon AH-D 5000's will always be my favorites though.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- For $100, IE7 refurb or something else in that range?
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 2 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 3 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear