So I've been browsing around and im thinking about getting custom IEM's. my price range dictates that I stay in the 400-600 range. While i don't consider myself an audiophile, im really looking for the comfort of customs over universals right now. That said, I would always appreciate a higher sound quality if given the option. Right now im using my SA-1's, and while the sound is great, the comfort isn't all it could be due to the universal tips. Right now im leaning toward the CT6's because of my feelings toward my SA-1's. That said, the UE 4 pro's also seem equally nice. Let me know if you have recommendations or knowledge of either. thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- CIEM Recommendations? Last post on 10/16/12 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help out with some custom IEM Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom or Universal at ~$200~$400? Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 500€ Budget: Custom or Universals ? Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need recommendations for budget customs Last post on 9/20/11 at 5:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Current Positions: AMGN- 2 shares- 144 cost basis per share. C- 5 shares- 56.27 cost basis per share. Cash Position- $3,412.75 Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on...
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Custom IEM's with a $400-$600 budgget?post #1 of 412/13/10 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 412/13/10 at 10:52pm
I would consider JH-Audi JH5 pros, which are widely recognized here on head-fi!
$400 + impressions = Around $450. Also, a VAST amount of colors.
I've heard they have an extemely fast turn around time. I'm getting some for Christmas after much researching. :)post #3 of 412/14/10 at 12:07ampost #4 of 412/14/10 at 6:49pm
I can vouch for 1964 EARS' 1964-Q (quad). Excellent custom for the price. The sound is magnificent! I've read their triple is nice too, but I haven't personally heard those (yet).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM's with a $400-$600 budgget?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 7 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 15 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 52 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › Anything happening in North or South Carolina? 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear