So I've been browsing around and im thinking about getting custom IEM's. my price range dictates that I stay in the 400-600 range. While i don't consider myself an audiophile, im really looking for the comfort of customs over universals right now. That said, I would always appreciate a higher sound quality if given the option. Right now im using my SA-1's, and while the sound is great, the comfort isn't all it could be due to the universal tips. Right now im leaning toward the CT6's because of my feelings toward my SA-1's. That said, the UE 4 pro's also seem equally nice. Let me know if you have recommendations or knowledge of either. thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- CIEM Recommendations? Last post on 10/16/12 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help out with some custom IEM Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom or Universal at ~$200~$400? Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 500€ Budget: Custom or Universals ? Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need recommendations for budget customs Last post on 9/20/11 at 5:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Custom IEM's with a $400-$600 budgget?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I would consider JH-Audi JH5 pros, which are widely recognized here on head-fi!
$400 + impressions = Around $450. Also, a VAST amount of colors.
I've heard they have an extemely fast turn around time. I'm getting some for Christmas after much researching. :)
I can vouch for 1964 EARS' 1964-Q (quad). Excellent custom for the price. The sound is magnificent! I've read their triple is nice too, but I haven't personally heard those (yet).
- Custom IEM's with a $400-$600 budgget?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 38 seconds ago
- › Introduction and recommendations for a comfortable and versatile... 57 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 12 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.) 17 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 18 minutes ago
- › Mixing on headphones Myth 18 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015 20 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3