So I've been browsing around and im thinking about getting custom IEM's. my price range dictates that I stay in the 400-600 range. While i don't consider myself an audiophile, im really looking for the comfort of customs over universals right now. That said, I would always appreciate a higher sound quality if given the option. Right now im using my SA-1's, and while the sound is great, the comfort isn't all it could be due to the universal tips. Right now im leaning toward the CT6's because of my feelings toward my SA-1's. That said, the UE 4 pro's also seem equally nice. Let me know if you have recommendations or knowledge of either. thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- CIEM Recommendations? Last post on 10/16/12 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help out with some custom IEM Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom or Universal at ~$200~$400? Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 500€ Budget: Custom or Universals ? Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need recommendations for budget customs Last post on 9/20/11 at 5:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Custom IEM's with a $400-$600 budgget?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would consider JH-Audi JH5 pros, which are widely recognized here on head-fi!
$400 + impressions = Around $450. Also, a VAST amount of colors.
I've heard they have an extemely fast turn around time. I'm getting some for Christmas after much researching. :)
I can vouch for 1964 EARS' 1964-Q (quad). Excellent custom for the price. The sound is magnificent! I've read their triple is nice too, but I haven't personally heard those (yet).
- Custom IEM's with a $400-$600 budgget?
- › USB DAC/Amp for Sennheiser HD600 6 seconds ago
- › Lehmannaudio Black Cube Linear 20 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 30 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 37 seconds ago
- › Please help me pick the right headphones 47 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. Phase 2: What speakers did you use to... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 3 minutes ago
- › Sub $100 UE-700 IEM replacement 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)