So I've been browsing around and im thinking about getting custom IEM's. my price range dictates that I stay in the 400-600 range. While i don't consider myself an audiophile, im really looking for the comfort of customs over universals right now. That said, I would always appreciate a higher sound quality if given the option. Right now im using my SA-1's, and while the sound is great, the comfort isn't all it could be due to the universal tips. Right now im leaning toward the CT6's because of my feelings toward my SA-1's. That said, the UE 4 pro's also seem equally nice. Let me know if you have recommendations or knowledge of either. thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- CIEM Recommendations? Last post on 10/16/12 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help out with some custom IEM Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom or Universal at ~$200~$400? Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 500€ Budget: Custom or Universals ? Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need recommendations for budget customs Last post on 9/20/11 at 5:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Custom IEM's with a $400-$600 budgget?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would consider JH-Audi JH5 pros, which are widely recognized here on head-fi!
$400 + impressions = Around $450. Also, a VAST amount of colors.
I've heard they have an extemely fast turn around time. I'm getting some for Christmas after much researching. :)
I can vouch for 1964 EARS' 1964-Q (quad). Excellent custom for the price. The sound is magnificent! I've read their triple is nice too, but I haven't personally heard those (yet).
- Custom IEM's with a $400-$600 budgget?
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 30 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 5 minutes ago
- › thread for fun...do you see your hearing getting lost in the future? 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic A200P High-End Portable DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)