So I've been browsing around and im thinking about getting custom IEM's. my price range dictates that I stay in the 400-600 range. While i don't consider myself an audiophile, im really looking for the comfort of customs over universals right now. That said, I would always appreciate a higher sound quality if given the option. Right now im using my SA-1's, and while the sound is great, the comfort isn't all it could be due to the universal tips. Right now im leaning toward the CT6's because of my feelings toward my SA-1's. That said, the UE 4 pro's also seem equally nice. Let me know if you have recommendations or knowledge of either. thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- CIEM Recommendations? Last post on 10/16/12 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help out with some custom IEM Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom or Universal at ~$200~$400? Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 500€ Budget: Custom or Universals ? Last post on 10/7/11 at 2:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need recommendations for budget customs Last post on 9/20/11 at 5:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Custom IEM's with a $400-$600 budgget?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would consider JH-Audi JH5 pros, which are widely recognized here on head-fi!
$400 + impressions = Around $450. Also, a VAST amount of colors.
I've heard they have an extemely fast turn around time. I'm getting some for Christmas after much researching. :)
I can vouch for 1964 EARS' 1964-Q (quad). Excellent custom for the price. The sound is magnificent! I've read their triple is nice too, but I haven't personally heard those (yet).
- Custom IEM's with a $400-$600 budgget?
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 30 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 39 seconds ago
- › Cheap, Rugged, Neutral 55 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › grado gs1000i MINT 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob