want to try this to, I like sound character from iBasso's amp.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best portable amp for driving demanding over ear cans? Last post on 3/4/11 at 10:54am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DB2 has arrived Last post on 10/31/13 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DB-2, the Boomslang 2 with dual dacs and 24/196 input. 1st 10 sales to Japanese Tsunami... Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:01pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight recommended op amps page 16. . - Page 64
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #947 of 14069/2/13 at 10:01pmI've been thinking of the pb2 but the ibasso p4 warbler had been more than powerful enough and I have a ton of opamps for it. at 600mw+600mw I feel it's more than powerful to drive iems. That and I have been able to recreate the sound of my sr71-b with the p4 and some opamps actually to my ears the p4 sounds better but the sr71-b still has some majic to It.
Im heavy thinking of the pb2 but ron said single ended to single ended he would choose the p4 and im not unsatisfied with the p4 so I will jist have to wait and see if one pops up for a decent ammount pr just be satisfied if possible in this hobby lolpost #948 of 14069/9/13 at 2:56pmpost #949 of 14069/9/13 at 3:12pmpost #950 of 14069/9/13 at 11:19pm
I am a new comer and have not owned any protable amps yet. I have ordered DX50 3rd batch and waiting to receive it. My present gear is Cowon J3, TF 10 pro (change to E5C housing) and a custom made cable.
I am interested in PB-2 or DB-2, but have no idea which model is more suitable for DX50 and my IEM.
Would you please give me some advice?
Thanks~post #951 of 14069/10/13 at 1:31ampost #952 of 14069/10/13 at 1:33amI hear that the dx50 is made for IEMs so you probably won't be needing an amp. Try it before you buy the amp. I need the PB2s because I'm driving kind of hard to drive headphonespost #953 of 14069/10/13 at 1:50amQuote:
Thanks. Yes, I will wait for the DX50 and test it on my IEM before I buy any AMPs. But as a IEM such as TF10 Pro or SE535....etc, is it necessary to have a AMP as upgrade?post #954 of 14069/10/13 at 1:57amQuote:
I've got a UE900 and an amp doesn't improve it much. Just because its expensive doesn't mean its betterpost #955 of 14069/11/13 at 5:56amIve converted my whole portable rig over to use with the db2 and pb2
Got a Iriver ihp140 optic out to db2 optic in using a sys_concepts custom cable, ibasso balanced from the db2 to pb2 then balanced out with toxic silver poison to westone w4r. I havent gotten all parts in but all are on there way
Im also getting a toxic silver poison ibasso balanced to rsa balanced to use with my toxic silver poison westone cable.
Im coming from the algorthyhm solo dac to the db2 dac hopefully I like it lol I made a ton of previsions for the use of both the db2 amd pb2. Should be a pretty powerful portable rig/ desktop replacement
Will also be using the db2 with ny sr-71bpost #956 of 14069/11/13 at 6:17ampost #957 of 14069/11/13 at 7:05amYeah its the little things that give you hickups like needing to convert the cd11 from ibasso balanced to xlr to ibasso balanced rsa.
Then needing to get a ibasso balanced to rsa balanced cable made so I csn use my rsa with the db2post #958 of 14069/11/13 at 11:11ampost #959 of 14069/11/13 at 11:22amCan anyone give me their opinion on the db2 sound? Im so eager to give the setup a listen and they came in the post but im at the hospital girlfriend is getting shoulder surgery......I dont think she would understand if I left to audition my audio equipment LOLpost #960 of 14069/11/13 at 11:30amQuote:
Agree'd STAY BY HER
The Db1 has a nice sound, spacious. Well detailed, wonderful sound stage ofc! I would hope the DB2 would sound the same of better
Ironically though the pb1 is laid back compared to the clean lean and spacious db1
- iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight recommended op amps page 16. .
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 48 seconds ago
- › THE Ultimate Step-By-Step Hifiman Headband Replacement Guide from... 1 minute ago
- › Brand New Unopened Audeze Sine with Cypher Lightning Cable 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 2 minutes ago
- › Budget In-Ear headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones like LCD 3 but are more comfortable and have more... 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear