Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight recommended op amps page 16. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight recommended op amps page 16. . - Page 74

post #1096 of 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohb View Post
 


Thanks, was looking to share mobile and desktop....more money for more cans !

I think it's more [well with the HiFlighKit] capable of being a desktop and portable amp. Granted it'll push about 2.5wpc into 32 ohms [that asumming you've got the right BUffers and op amps and max gain]

 

But if we assume at least 1w pc [worst case scenario] it'll work nicely with the the New Hifiman Orthos, the Mr Speakers Ortho's and any Dynamic headphones. 

 

So it should be decently capable. 

post #1097 of 1128

I think the PB2 sounds about as good as a desktop amp that's probably half the price to be honest. You pay for portability. My HE500s sound just as good out of my PB2 or my AGD 15.32

post #1098 of 1128
Rolling Muses01 and Muses02 in a Pb2 powered by a DX50.

I can confirm that they have very bendy legs biggrin.gif

What did the they sound like? First, when I turn my PB2 on with the Muses01 I get the biggest "pistol shot thump" that I have heard from any of my other OpAmps and yet with the Muses02, I don't hear anything.

The Muses01 don't seem bright to me at all, even though I was expecting them to. They are detailed for sure but not harsh sounding. Very musical across the range from rock to classical. Vocals are forward and very apparent eg listening to SigurRos live, his tenor style voice sounds mesmerising. They also have an ability to respond well to the deep notes of a bass guitar. I found the Muses01 dynamic in style and frankly great to listen to. They are my "goto" OPamps.

Highlight's Topkit of HA5002 Buffers adds some more oomph and dynamism. (now to try them in class A biased sockets)

For the Muses02, I was slightly disappointed but probably only in their comparison to Muses01. They are definitely warmer sounding which I generally prefer, but I found a slight muddiness that surprised me. They still sound very musical but compared to Muses01 they lack sparkle & sound slightly lifeless. As a little aside , I also had some electronic noise interference on my commute into work which I haven't had with the Muses01.
post #1099 of 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

I think the PB2 sounds about as good as a desktop amp that's probably half the price to be honest. You pay for portability. My HE500s sound just as good out of my PB2 or my AGD 15.32

I agree, while my NFB 10ES2 has a slighty better sound, the Pb2 is darn close! and it's about 1/10 the size and weight

post #1100 of 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

I agree, while my NFB 10ES2 has a slighty better sound, the Pb2 is darn close! and it's about 1/10 the size and weight

Yup portability costs. But can't believe I can hear what I'm hearing sitting next to some stranger on the train. Most of the time I'm using it to drive my TH600 because they're closed. Most of the beats people give me weird looks they're probably thinking I got some cheap ass can on my head. Little do they know I'm in sonic heaven while they only think they are
post #1101 of 1128

Will you guys please stop!! About a year ago I sold my DB2/PB2 combo with a whole boatload of OPAs and buffers thinking I wouldn't miss it.  I was wrong, I was honorably wrong but right now I can't afford to replace it.  All this talk is making me want them back.  Where is that damn unsubscribe button.

post #1102 of 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugdozer View Post

Will you guys please stop!! About a year ago I sold my DB2/PB2 combo with a whole boatload of OPAs and buffers thinking I wouldn't miss it.  I was wrong, I was honorably wrong but right now I can't afford to replace it.  All this talk is making me want them back.  Where is that damn unsubscribe button.

Come back home -smily_headphones1.gif this guy posted on the dx50 thread that he was selling this.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/714271/wts-ibasso-pb2-silver-few-weeks-old
post #1103 of 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfell View Post


Come back home -smily_headphones1.gif this guy posted on the dx50 thread that he was selling this.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/714271/wts-ibasso-pb2-silver-few-weeks-old

YOU BUY NOW

 

I actually have the Hifi Flight Kit, I only use the Dummy Buffers and LME 49990 Quads, so take those out of the equation and I'd be more than happy to sell you the other OP amps and buffers in the Kit I don't use

post #1104 of 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

 

 I only use the Dummy Buffers and LME 49990 Quads

 

:beerchug:

post #1105 of 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

YOU BUY NOW

I actually have the Hifi Flight Kit, I only use the Dummy Buffers and LME 49990 Quads, so take those out of the equation and I'd be more than happy to sell you the other OP amps and buffers in the Kit I don't use

FWIW, I do not include the LME49990 opamps in the PB2 Topkit. With bypassed buffers, the output power is considerably reduced. Not an issue with sensitive phones but could be problematic with phones that are challenging to drive.
post #1106 of 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


FWIW, I do not include the LME49990 opamps in the PB2 Topkit. With bypassed buffers, the output power is considerably reduced. Not an issue with sensitive phones but could be problematic with phones that are challenging to drive.


Ya, Lately Hiflight include LME49860 in the Topkit.

post #1107 of 1128

Ahh... either way I'll Post what I have here soon enough!

 

Thankfully both of my portable woodies, are 32 ohm highly sensitive headphones, so power wise I don't need much. 

 

My HE 4 isn't good for any where outside of home, seeing as it's open ya know! 

post #1108 of 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
 

 

:beerchug:

Guys SHAME ON ME

 

there is an ACTUAL record Shop, and apprently a rather famous one near me called

 

Killgor Troue, here in Myrtle Beach sc :O.

 

I've NEVER been and I'm TOTALLY going to go in there in about the next hour! With my POrtable gear with me :3. Let's hope I can find some AudioPhiles there ^^ 

post #1109 of 1128

Memories!  I'm envious!

post #1110 of 1128
Who sells the ibasso pb2? Was it replaced with a newer model?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight recommended op amps page 16. .