alright after countless hours reading a bunch of threads and articles i decided to join and ask for further assistance im looking for some good iems in the 120ish range that will do well with classic rock,metal and all its genres and some rap and hip hop.ive read that the heje900k were a good choice but there are no longer being old and ive read mixed review on the shure se115s and the lower end UEs so im confused i came from a set of shure e2s that lasted 4 years till last week . thanks
- productFischer Audio Silver Bulletstagged by System, 12/15/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/15/10
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 12/15/10
- productUltimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - blacktagged by System, 12/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sleek Audio SA1 vs HF5 vs Super fi 3 vs IE6/7 vs S3/4 Last post on 12/20/10 at 8:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade to Sennheiser IE8 or Keep IE6 Last post on 1/11/13 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 @ US$ 100 ? Last post on 3/9/12 at 7:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
advice on iem for rock/metal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could wait around for the newer version of the Fischer Audio Silver bullets, great sound stage, lush midrange which is just right, excellent bass and detail in the treble. I listen to metal and rock too and they are fantastic. The only problem is the cable is flimsy but version 2 is supposed to improve on this. It's only $81 too
the problem with that is this is my Christmas gift lol and i need to let my uncle know so he can order them , so far i read the IE 6 are pretty good for the price but would they work well with rock metal and some hip hop ? or if the IE7 better for that ? if anybody could help i would appreciate it as I'm a noob to this.
any help guys ? still lost on what to go to after reading sigh 109 and free shipping for these o.o will these work for me ?http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Custom-3-In-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B000WAHFC4/ref=sr_1_6?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1292473650&sr=1-6
Edited by bigdan89 - 12/15/10 at 8:28pm
However I've read a lot of good reviews on the Klipsch Custom 3. Many here report they have sweet mids and bass. Also several have said the Soundmagic pl50's have Shure like mids. They are $55 on mp4nation. I have the pl30's and they are really good budget IEMs. The most comfortable I've worn. Maybe you can get some headfiers to tell you more about the Custom 3's and pl50's.
ive read up on the custom 3s and no luck on how would they sound on rock and such wish someone would chime in about it as on amazon there going for 109 and free shipping o.o my shure e2s work great on what i listen to the end the left side cutted in and out and then no sound at all so i got my use out of them for 4 years lol
Edited by bigdan89 - 12/17/10 at 11:17pm
The Customs are really good.
If you decide to get them, go right to the sellers website. They are $99 there with free shipping.
I personally haven't heard anything as good with metal/rock at the HJE900's.
I did find this
I don't have any info on the store. But, this may be the last place on earth to get them for this low.
Edited by Painful Chafe - 12/18/10 at 1:42am
I have the ie6's and don't find them very well suited for rock music. I couldn't offer an alternative as I havent tried anything elsept the klipsch x10's but they're not in the same price range. I would definitely try find an alternative to the ie6's though.
- advice on iem for rock/metal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Compelled to write! Mapleshade Power Strip 5 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 27 seconds ago
- › Please help me pick the right headphones 46 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 1 minute ago
- › Newbie (to headphones) waiting on new gear! 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox is coming very soon to iBasso DX90 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90, practically new 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)