alright after countless hours reading a bunch of threads and articles i decided to join and ask for further assistance im looking for some good iems in the 120ish range that will do well with classic rock,metal and all its genres and some rap and hip hop.ive read that the heje900k were a good choice but there are no longer being old and ive read mixed review on the shure se115s and the lower end UEs so im confused i came from a set of shure e2s that lasted 4 years till last week . thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Sleek Audio SA1 vs HF5 vs Super fi 3 vs IE6/7 vs S3/4 Last post on 12/20/10 at 8:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links permitted! Last post on Today at 2:37 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade to Sennheiser IE8 or Keep IE6 Last post on 1/11/13 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 @ US$ 100 ? Last post on 3/9/12 at 7:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
advice on iem for rock/metal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could wait around for the newer version of the Fischer Audio Silver bullets, great sound stage, lush midrange which is just right, excellent bass and detail in the treble. I listen to metal and rock too and they are fantastic. The only problem is the cable is flimsy but version 2 is supposed to improve on this. It's only $81 too
the problem with that is this is my Christmas gift lol and i need to let my uncle know so he can order them , so far i read the IE 6 are pretty good for the price but would they work well with rock metal and some hip hop ? or if the IE7 better for that ? if anybody could help i would appreciate it as I'm a noob to this.
any help guys ? still lost on what to go to after reading sigh 109 and free shipping for these o.o will these work for me ?http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Custom-3-In-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B000WAHFC4/ref=sr_1_6?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1292473650&sr=1-6
Edited by bigdan89 - 12/15/10 at 8:28pm
However I've read a lot of good reviews on the Klipsch Custom 3. Many here report they have sweet mids and bass. Also several have said the Soundmagic pl50's have Shure like mids. They are $55 on mp4nation. I have the pl30's and they are really good budget IEMs. The most comfortable I've worn. Maybe you can get some headfiers to tell you more about the Custom 3's and pl50's.
ive read up on the custom 3s and no luck on how would they sound on rock and such wish someone would chime in about it as on amazon there going for 109 and free shipping o.o my shure e2s work great on what i listen to the end the left side cutted in and out and then no sound at all so i got my use out of them for 4 years lol
Edited by bigdan89 - 12/17/10 at 11:17pm
The Customs are really good.
If you decide to get them, go right to the sellers website. They are $99 there with free shipping.
I personally haven't heard anything as good with metal/rock at the HJE900's.
I did find this
I don't have any info on the store. But, this may be the last place on earth to get them for this low.
Edited by Painful Chafe - 12/18/10 at 1:42am
I have the ie6's and don't find them very well suited for rock music. I couldn't offer an alternative as I havent tried anything elsept the klipsch x10's but they're not in the same price range. I would definitely try find an alternative to the ie6's though.
- advice on iem for rock/metal
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 11 seconds ago
- › TDK BA200 - Impressions and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 1 minute ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 1 minute ago
- › How good is audio quality on Galaxy Note? 2 minutes ago
- › First good earphones! 2 minutes ago
- › How do you carry around expensive IEMs with you? 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 5 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe