alright after countless hours reading a bunch of threads and articles i decided to join and ask for further assistance im looking for some good iems in the 120ish range that will do well with classic rock,metal and all its genres and some rap and hip hop.ive read that the heje900k were a good choice but there are no longer being old and ive read mixed review on the shure se115s and the lower end UEs so im confused i came from a set of shure e2s that lasted 4 years till last week . thanks
- productFischer Audio Silver Bulletstagged by System, 12/15/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/15/10
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 12/15/10
- productUltimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - blacktagged by System, 12/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sleek Audio SA1 vs HF5 vs Super fi 3 vs IE6/7 vs S3/4 Last post on 12/20/10 at 8:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade to Sennheiser IE8 or Keep IE6 Last post on 1/11/13 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 @ US$ 100 ? Last post on 3/9/12 at 7:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I only read about them. I never tried them on. I never heard them. That's not something one normally does when parting with several hundred dollars or more for headphones. But, what I had read...
Want to preface this by presenting this picture, I'm not a TROLL or a A-Hole, I just like to mock the fu** out of headphones I dislike. This time its time for the "Fehlerhaft...
So I have essentially re-p[purchased a pair of K702s, in as much as I previously owned and sold a pair of K701s I had got rid of the K701s because I just wasn't using them much, due to the fact...
In two words, hugely disappointing. I was looking for an open-back 'phone to use as an alternative to my AKG 550s and having owned Sennheiser HD 600s and AKG K701s previously, I thought I give...
Thinksound is a company that’s focussed on sustainable and environmentally conscious headphones. In fact, they even offer a recycling program for headphones with a bonus if you recycle their...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
advice on iem for rock/metal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could wait around for the newer version of the Fischer Audio Silver bullets, great sound stage, lush midrange which is just right, excellent bass and detail in the treble. I listen to metal and rock too and they are fantastic. The only problem is the cable is flimsy but version 2 is supposed to improve on this. It's only $81 too
the problem with that is this is my Christmas gift lol and i need to let my uncle know so he can order them , so far i read the IE 6 are pretty good for the price but would they work well with rock metal and some hip hop ? or if the IE7 better for that ? if anybody could help i would appreciate it as I'm a noob to this.
any help guys ? still lost on what to go to after reading sigh 109 and free shipping for these o.o will these work for me ?http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Custom-3-In-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B000WAHFC4/ref=sr_1_6?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1292473650&sr=1-6
Edited by bigdan89 - 12/15/10 at 8:28pm
However I've read a lot of good reviews on the Klipsch Custom 3. Many here report they have sweet mids and bass. Also several have said the Soundmagic pl50's have Shure like mids. They are $55 on mp4nation. I have the pl30's and they are really good budget IEMs. The most comfortable I've worn. Maybe you can get some headfiers to tell you more about the Custom 3's and pl50's.
ive read up on the custom 3s and no luck on how would they sound on rock and such wish someone would chime in about it as on amazon there going for 109 and free shipping o.o my shure e2s work great on what i listen to the end the left side cutted in and out and then no sound at all so i got my use out of them for 4 years lol
Edited by bigdan89 - 12/17/10 at 11:17pm
The Customs are really good.
If you decide to get them, go right to the sellers website. They are $99 there with free shipping.
I personally haven't heard anything as good with metal/rock at the HJE900's.
I did find this
I don't have any info on the store. But, this may be the last place on earth to get them for this low.
Edited by Painful Chafe - 12/18/10 at 1:42am
I have the ie6's and don't find them very well suited for rock music. I couldn't offer an alternative as I havent tried anything elsept the klipsch x10's but they're not in the same price range. I would definitely try find an alternative to the ie6's though.
- advice on iem for rock/metal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 seconds ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood (NEW ZMF FLAGSHIP!!!) Thread. 15 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 28 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 48 seconds ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › best monitor desktop speakers for <$500 per pair 2 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)