alright after countless hours reading a bunch of threads and articles i decided to join and ask for further assistance im looking for some good iems in the 120ish range that will do well with classic rock,metal and all its genres and some rap and hip hop.ive read that the heje900k were a good choice but there are no longer being old and ive read mixed review on the shure se115s and the lower end UEs so im confused i came from a set of shure e2s that lasted 4 years till last week . thanks
- productFischer Audio Silver Bulletstagged by System, 12/15/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/15/10
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 12/15/10
- productUltimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - blacktagged by System, 12/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sleek Audio SA1 vs HF5 vs Super fi 3 vs IE6/7 vs S3/4 Last post on 12/20/10 at 8:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade to Sennheiser IE8 or Keep IE6 Last post on 1/11/13 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 @ US$ 100 ? Last post on 3/9/12 at 7:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
advice on iem for rock/metal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could wait around for the newer version of the Fischer Audio Silver bullets, great sound stage, lush midrange which is just right, excellent bass and detail in the treble. I listen to metal and rock too and they are fantastic. The only problem is the cable is flimsy but version 2 is supposed to improve on this. It's only $81 too
the problem with that is this is my Christmas gift lol and i need to let my uncle know so he can order them , so far i read the IE 6 are pretty good for the price but would they work well with rock metal and some hip hop ? or if the IE7 better for that ? if anybody could help i would appreciate it as I'm a noob to this.
any help guys ? still lost on what to go to after reading sigh 109 and free shipping for these o.o will these work for me ?http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Custom-3-In-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B000WAHFC4/ref=sr_1_6?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1292473650&sr=1-6
Edited by bigdan89 - 12/15/10 at 8:28pm
However I've read a lot of good reviews on the Klipsch Custom 3. Many here report they have sweet mids and bass. Also several have said the Soundmagic pl50's have Shure like mids. They are $55 on mp4nation. I have the pl30's and they are really good budget IEMs. The most comfortable I've worn. Maybe you can get some headfiers to tell you more about the Custom 3's and pl50's.
ive read up on the custom 3s and no luck on how would they sound on rock and such wish someone would chime in about it as on amazon there going for 109 and free shipping o.o my shure e2s work great on what i listen to the end the left side cutted in and out and then no sound at all so i got my use out of them for 4 years lol
Edited by bigdan89 - 12/17/10 at 11:17pm
The Customs are really good.
If you decide to get them, go right to the sellers website. They are $99 there with free shipping.
I personally haven't heard anything as good with metal/rock at the HJE900's.
I did find this
I don't have any info on the store. But, this may be the last place on earth to get them for this low.
Edited by Painful Chafe - 12/18/10 at 1:42am
I have the ie6's and don't find them very well suited for rock music. I couldn't offer an alternative as I havent tried anything elsept the klipsch x10's but they're not in the same price range. I would definitely try find an alternative to the ie6's though.
- advice on iem for rock/metal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Need help narrowing my options just now
- › IC: Audio-GD Reference 3 Upsampling Digital Converter + (possible)... 30 seconds ago
- › Pair of BVA Brimmar ECC88 42 seconds ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 2 minutes ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Shure 55 Hot Rod Shifter 2 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - George Mason Regional Library - SUNDAY.... 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3