alright after countless hours reading a bunch of threads and articles i decided to join and ask for further assistance im looking for some good iems in the 120ish range that will do well with classic rock,metal and all its genres and some rap and hip hop.ive read that the heje900k were a good choice but there are no longer being old and ive read mixed review on the shure se115s and the lower end UEs so im confused i came from a set of shure e2s that lasted 4 years till last week . thanks
- productFischer Audio Silver Bulletstagged by System, 12/15/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/15/10
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 12/15/10
- productUltimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - blacktagged by System, 12/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sleek Audio SA1 vs HF5 vs Super fi 3 vs IE6/7 vs S3/4 Last post on 12/20/10 at 8:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade to Sennheiser IE8 or Keep IE6 Last post on 1/11/13 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 @ US$ 100 ? Last post on 3/9/12 at 7:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Prologue: Lets start with a story of a young man on a desperate mission to rediscover the beauty of music. Long long ago there was a man a man named Dan he had a plan to try a DAC but many...
You can read my detailed look @ these here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/50947-audio-technica-ws-55i-black-the-best-bang-for-buck-portable-headphones/
Admittedly, I took far too long to post this review. I wanted to try a different approach that involved becoming accustomed to the signature followed by a period without them, and then a...
FiiO has been quite successful with their X series of high resolution digital audio player. So much so that perhaps even they themselves didn’t anticipate that the company will have to shift its...
I bought these at less than half retail on a whim from Audio Advisor, looking to replace my aging Sennheiser HD 580's. Look at the picture...these are VERY NICELY made headphones! All aluminum...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
advice on iem for rock/metal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could wait around for the newer version of the Fischer Audio Silver bullets, great sound stage, lush midrange which is just right, excellent bass and detail in the treble. I listen to metal and rock too and they are fantastic. The only problem is the cable is flimsy but version 2 is supposed to improve on this. It's only $81 too
the problem with that is this is my Christmas gift lol and i need to let my uncle know so he can order them , so far i read the IE 6 are pretty good for the price but would they work well with rock metal and some hip hop ? or if the IE7 better for that ? if anybody could help i would appreciate it as I'm a noob to this.
any help guys ? still lost on what to go to after reading sigh 109 and free shipping for these o.o will these work for me ?http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Custom-3-In-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B000WAHFC4/ref=sr_1_6?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1292473650&sr=1-6
Edited by bigdan89 - 12/15/10 at 8:28pm
However I've read a lot of good reviews on the Klipsch Custom 3. Many here report they have sweet mids and bass. Also several have said the Soundmagic pl50's have Shure like mids. They are $55 on mp4nation. I have the pl30's and they are really good budget IEMs. The most comfortable I've worn. Maybe you can get some headfiers to tell you more about the Custom 3's and pl50's.
ive read up on the custom 3s and no luck on how would they sound on rock and such wish someone would chime in about it as on amazon there going for 109 and free shipping o.o my shure e2s work great on what i listen to the end the left side cutted in and out and then no sound at all so i got my use out of them for 4 years lol
Edited by bigdan89 - 12/17/10 at 11:17pm
The Customs are really good.
If you decide to get them, go right to the sellers website. They are $99 there with free shipping.
I personally haven't heard anything as good with metal/rock at the HJE900's.
I did find this
I don't have any info on the store. But, this may be the last place on earth to get them for this low.
Edited by Painful Chafe - 12/18/10 at 1:42am
I have the ie6's and don't find them very well suited for rock music. I couldn't offer an alternative as I havent tried anything elsept the klipsch x10's but they're not in the same price range. I would definitely try find an alternative to the ie6's though.
- advice on iem for rock/metal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › WANTED : Hifiman HE adapter or similar for speaker taps 2 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › WANTED : Hifiman HE adapter for speaker taps 2 minutes ago
- › V-Moda M100 vs LP2 Bass heavy music (edm: trap, hardstyle,... 3 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 4 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer by dnun8086
- › Audio Technica ATH-WS55i Portable Headphones with Microphone for... by oThatsEric
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Kamakahah
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by ClieOS
- › HiFiMAN HE-300 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by JoeDoe
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)