which one is better For sound bass isolation and clairty
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/15/10
- productMonster Beats by Dre Studiotagged by System, 12/15/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/15/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 12/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones with price comparable to Beats by Dre Studio? Last post on 5/28/11 at 11:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Turbine gold or Miles Davis Last post on 3/15/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whistling noise on Monster Turbine Pro Gold Last post on 1/12/11 at 8:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines Pro Gold Last post on 12/12/10 at 1:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEMs for under $200 Last post on 12/7/10 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
Monster Turbines Pro Gold Vs Beats By Dre Studiopost #1 of 812/12/10 at 1:34amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 812/12/10 at 1:51ampost #3 of 812/12/10 at 2:14amThread Starterpost #4 of 812/21/10 at 8:24pm
I actually think that if you want a lot of bass you should go for the Beats By Dre. The Turbines left me wanting more in the lower end and I do not like a lot of bass in my headphones. I think you should go with a pair of Sony instead of the Studio though but that is just my opinion.post #5 of 812/21/10 at 8:35pm
Definitely the monster turbine hands down. they have a sound that i would describe as very smooth. The bass is better but not more than the beats. I wonder why so many people here hate anything from Bose, Skullcandy and Monster. They make some great stuff just overpriced on some of them...post #6 of 812/21/10 at 8:46pm
Sound (overall): Well, depends on what you listen to. During my short experiences with the Studios, I found them to be good with music that are represented as a cube with very sharp edges: The Police kind of rock. Not too fast, clear and hard-hitting notes.
Bass: The Golds have more smoothness and depth, while the Studios have harder impact, which is why they are good for said cube music.
Clarity: This I sincerely cannot say. However the Golds are not really clear: That's the Coppers.post #7 of 812/21/10 at 8:49pm
I own the MTPG's, and I have tried friends beats. I can say with no bias that my Gold's are supremely better. Beats' bass is just overwhelming compared to the Golds because the beats are geared towards the mass market which has been convinced that
BASS = QUALITY.
Admittedly, if bass is all you're looking for then I'm sure there are other solutions that are better for you than beats, but when you factor in clarity, then its simply no contest, Golds win.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines Pro Gold Vs Beats By Dre Studio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 19 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 21 seconds ago
- › Massdrop Fostex TH-X00 Ebony impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › The lossless can of worms 1 minute ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR09 5 minutes ago
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 5 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear