which one is better For sound bass isolation and clairty
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/15/10
- productMonster Beats by Dre Studiotagged by System, 12/15/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/15/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 12/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones with price comparable to Beats by Dre Studio? Last post on 5/28/11 at 11:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Turbine gold or Miles Davis Last post on 3/15/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whistling noise on Monster Turbine Pro Gold Last post on 1/12/11 at 8:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines Pro Gold Last post on 12/12/10 at 1:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEMs for under $200 Last post on 12/7/10 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Monster Turbines Pro Gold Vs Beats By Dre Studio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I actually think that if you want a lot of bass you should go for the Beats By Dre. The Turbines left me wanting more in the lower end and I do not like a lot of bass in my headphones. I think you should go with a pair of Sony instead of the Studio though but that is just my opinion.
Definitely the monster turbine hands down. they have a sound that i would describe as very smooth. The bass is better but not more than the beats. I wonder why so many people here hate anything from Bose, Skullcandy and Monster. They make some great stuff just overpriced on some of them...
Sound (overall): Well, depends on what you listen to. During my short experiences with the Studios, I found them to be good with music that are represented as a cube with very sharp edges: The Police kind of rock. Not too fast, clear and hard-hitting notes.
Bass: The Golds have more smoothness and depth, while the Studios have harder impact, which is why they are good for said cube music.
Clarity: This I sincerely cannot say. However the Golds are not really clear: That's the Coppers.
I own the MTPG's, and I have tried friends beats. I can say with no bias that my Gold's are supremely better. Beats' bass is just overwhelming compared to the Golds because the beats are geared towards the mass market which has been convinced that
BASS = QUALITY.
Admittedly, if bass is all you're looking for then I'm sure there are other solutions that are better for you than beats, but when you factor in clarity, then its simply no contest, Golds win.
- Monster Turbines Pro Gold Vs Beats By Dre Studio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread just now
- › HIFIMAN RE300a/ RE300i InLine and RE300h (hifi) Earphone launched!... 3 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 13 seconds ago
- › beyerdynamic a1 amp new 21 seconds ago
- › Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM 31 seconds ago
- › Good headphones for gaming 53 seconds ago
- › Looking for a pair of closed headphones around $120, any suggestions? 1 minute ago
- › Tube cmoy 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)