which one is better For sound bass isolation and clairty
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/15/10
- productMonster Beats by Dre Studiotagged by System, 12/15/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/15/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 12/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones with price comparable to Beats by Dre Studio? Last post on 5/28/11 at 11:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Turbine gold or Miles Davis Last post on 3/15/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whistling noise on Monster Turbine Pro Gold Last post on 1/12/11 at 8:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines Pro Gold Last post on 12/12/10 at 1:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEMs for under $200 Last post on 12/7/10 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Monster Turbines Pro Gold Vs Beats By Dre Studio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I actually think that if you want a lot of bass you should go for the Beats By Dre. The Turbines left me wanting more in the lower end and I do not like a lot of bass in my headphones. I think you should go with a pair of Sony instead of the Studio though but that is just my opinion.
Definitely the monster turbine hands down. they have a sound that i would describe as very smooth. The bass is better but not more than the beats. I wonder why so many people here hate anything from Bose, Skullcandy and Monster. They make some great stuff just overpriced on some of them...
Sound (overall): Well, depends on what you listen to. During my short experiences with the Studios, I found them to be good with music that are represented as a cube with very sharp edges: The Police kind of rock. Not too fast, clear and hard-hitting notes.
Bass: The Golds have more smoothness and depth, while the Studios have harder impact, which is why they are good for said cube music.
Clarity: This I sincerely cannot say. However the Golds are not really clear: That's the Coppers.
I own the MTPG's, and I have tried friends beats. I can say with no bias that my Gold's are supremely better. Beats' bass is just overwhelming compared to the Golds because the beats are geared towards the mass market which has been convinced that
BASS = QUALITY.
Admittedly, if bass is all you're looking for then I'm sure there are other solutions that are better for you than beats, but when you factor in clarity, then its simply no contest, Golds win.
- Monster Turbines Pro Gold Vs Beats By Dre Studio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Full size headphones below $150 to replace Philips SHP8900 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › Can anyone recommend me a custom cable for my k10? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 9 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 9 minutes ago
- › How to hook a Schiit amplifer to my Creative ZxR sound card? 10 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2