which one is better For sound bass isolation and clairty
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/15/10
- productMonster Beats by Dre Studiotagged by System, 12/15/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/15/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 12/15/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones with price comparable to Beats by Dre Studio? Last post on 5/28/11 at 11:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Turbine gold or Miles Davis Last post on 3/15/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whistling noise on Monster Turbine Pro Gold Last post on 1/12/11 at 8:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines Pro Gold Last post on 12/12/10 at 1:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEMs for under $200 Last post on 12/7/10 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Monster Turbines Pro Gold Vs Beats By Dre Studiopost #1 of 812/12/10 at 1:34amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 812/12/10 at 1:51ampost #3 of 812/12/10 at 2:14amThread Starterpost #4 of 812/21/10 at 8:24pm
I actually think that if you want a lot of bass you should go for the Beats By Dre. The Turbines left me wanting more in the lower end and I do not like a lot of bass in my headphones. I think you should go with a pair of Sony instead of the Studio though but that is just my opinion.post #5 of 812/21/10 at 8:35pm
Definitely the monster turbine hands down. they have a sound that i would describe as very smooth. The bass is better but not more than the beats. I wonder why so many people here hate anything from Bose, Skullcandy and Monster. They make some great stuff just overpriced on some of them...post #6 of 812/21/10 at 8:46pm
Sound (overall): Well, depends on what you listen to. During my short experiences with the Studios, I found them to be good with music that are represented as a cube with very sharp edges: The Police kind of rock. Not too fast, clear and hard-hitting notes.
Bass: The Golds have more smoothness and depth, while the Studios have harder impact, which is why they are good for said cube music.
Clarity: This I sincerely cannot say. However the Golds are not really clear: That's the Coppers.post #7 of 812/21/10 at 8:49pm
I own the MTPG's, and I have tried friends beats. I can say with no bias that my Gold's are supremely better. Beats' bass is just overwhelming compared to the Golds because the beats are geared towards the mass market which has been convinced that
BASS = QUALITY.
Admittedly, if bass is all you're looking for then I'm sure there are other solutions that are better for you than beats, but when you factor in clarity, then its simply no contest, Golds win.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines Pro Gold Vs Beats By Dre Studio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Band Name Game II 16 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 32 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 59 seconds ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Amp. What's the point??? 2 minutes ago
- › (Custom) leather ear pads for HD-25? 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 8 minutes ago
- › Aloha! 9 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear