Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Ridiculously awesomely mastered albums?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ridiculously awesomely mastered albums? - Page 3

post #31 of 132

I would add Ricky Skaggs - Ancient Tones. On top of the music from its prominent strings to the vocals, this CD comes with a clear and rich texture that I would have to describe as pleasing. 

post #32 of 132

Good stuff there, and yes, well-mastered.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggranak View Post

Yeah, I'd probably mention Fleet Foxes.

post #33 of 132

For me the most well mastered contemporary artist is Sufjan Stevens.  Try listening to the CD version of Illinoise or even Michigan and you'll see what I'm talking about.  I also have the vinyl, but the CD isn't too far off.

post #34 of 132
Is Beck's 'Sea Change' considered well-mastered? I had it on DVD-Audio (before my player was smashed) and it was awesome in surround.
post #35 of 132
Accidental double post.
Edited by disastermouse - 12/13/10 at 8:27pm
post #36 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novalis View Post

Tool - 10,000 Days

 

Great recording and mastering.



god i hope you're kidding, go listen to lateralus and Aenima and tell me 10,000 days isnt absolute trash. dont get me wrong, its good music, but i can only listen to it in the car

post #37 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post




What are some well mastered classical albums?  I've been yearning for some.  Shane pointed me to some English music for Viols thats sounds great.


What composers are you looking for? The music comes first.
post #38 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggranak View Post
The end goal is the music, not the performance.



I have no idea what that means, but I think I've heard songs on the radio that should have been executed instead of performed.
post #39 of 132

I'm not a huge Duran Duran fan ( My wife is ) but i was completely blown away from some of the quality of the recordings on most of their CD's especially RIO.

post #40 of 132

Aimee Mann has some great sounding albums

Sparklehorse (RIP) has some great sounding albums too

The Mofi press of Beck's Sea Change is totally gorgeous too...best sounding vinyl I have probably

post #41 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by mralexosborn View Post

I meant the London Calling is a awesomely mastered album in the sense that all instruments have a perfect emphasis (i.e. the bass guitar of The Guns of Brixton and the transition in Wrong 'Em Boyo) that makes my jaw drop. 

The only Clash album I've listened to is London Calling, what is another good one?



 blink.gif

London Calling might be one of your favorite albums period, and yet it is the only Clash album you've heard?  That's absolutly bizzare.

They're all very good, except for maybe the last one.  The next one to get though is Sandanista.

post #42 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Novalis View Post

Tool - 10,000 Days

 

Great recording and mastering.



god i hope you're kidding, go listen to lateralus and Aenima and tell me 10,000 days isnt absolute trash. dont get me wrong, its good music, but i can only listen to it in the car


Lateralus and Ænima are great albums, and yes, perhaps better than 10,000 Days.

But I would say the SQ on 10,000 Days is better.

post #43 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshot View Post

What composers are you looking for? The music comes first.


Chopin, Vivaldi, Handel, Wagner, Strauss, Tchaikovsky (particularly Swan Lake and Nutcracker suite).  Thanks in advance.

post #44 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdh View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by mralexosborn View Post

I meant the London Calling is a awesomely mastered album in the sense that all instruments have a perfect emphasis (i.e. the bass guitar of The Guns of Brixton and the transition in Wrong 'Em Boyo) that makes my jaw drop. 

The only Clash album I've listened to is London Calling, what is another good one?



 blink.gif

London Calling might be one of your favorite albums period, and yet it is the only Clash album you've heard?  That's absolutly bizzare.

They're all very good, except for maybe the last one.  The next one to get though is Sandanista.



Cut the Crap was a horrendous album.

post #45 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novalis View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Novalis View Post

Tool - 10,000 Days

 

Great recording and mastering.



god i hope you're kidding, go listen to lateralus and Aenima and tell me 10,000 days isnt absolute trash. dont get me wrong, its good music, but i can only listen to it in the car


Lateralus and Ænima are great albums, and yes, perhaps better than 10,000 Days.

But I would say the SQ on 10,000 Days is better.



no offense dude, but you're delusional, aenima and lateralus are two of the best sounding metal records ive ever heard, and 10,000 days is one of the worst. i havent met a single person that would agree with you. like i said, i do like the music on 10,000 days, its actually the first tool cd i really got into, but the SQ blows, i just hope tool makes a return to form for the next cd

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Ridiculously awesomely mastered albums?