Hey all. This is my first post here, and I'm totally new to audio devices and such, though I'm thinking of getting into it. Right now I'm just looking at options for a portable setup so mp3 player and iems, and amp maybe? I don't really have much to spend, and was wondering what route you guys would go if you only had $200 to spend on a full setup, and if thats not really possible, then $300, or maybe $350? As for what genres I'd listen to, it'd be nothing specific and just assume shuffle of every genre. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Related Forum Threads
- Help me upgrade my portable audio setup! Last post on 5/21/11 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer Audio DBA-02 VS Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Last post on 4/14/11 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM with tight snappey bass for electric Jazz? Last post on 10/6/12 at 9:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- From Shure E3c to...? Last post on 9/5/10 at 12:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend me an IEM Last post on 8/5/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
$200 and $300 to spend on a portable setup, what would you do?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks for the replies guys. After a few hours of reading I went with the hifiman combo as both the dap and iems are rated quite well and it saves me from making 2 separate purchases. I am in canada though, so i dont know if they'll be sending it from their american store, or the asian one.
- $200 and $300 to spend on a portable setup, what would you do?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review 22 seconds ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 57 seconds ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 1 minute ago
- › Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 4 minutes ago
- › jvc fxz-200 5 minutes ago
- › Choosing a portable dac/amp for Sony MDR-MA900 & Audio Technica... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe