- 2,588 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Back in March, I received the Zens from Lee of Venture Electronics in exchange for my honest impressions. I was a bit hesitant because I have never enjoyed earbuds, and that bias had me a bit...
I have owned my Audeze LCD 3f for about one year and have enjoyed the headphone immensely. The one thing that bothered me about the LCD 3 was the fact that they just seem to always be slightly...
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 330post #4936 of 552210/22/13 at 6:45pmIt's called the jh13 or jh16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4937 of 552210/23/13 at 9:03am
I only had a couple of hours listening last night and I will say I am impressed with this pairing. The W4R's opened up and never sounded better. FLAC files sound great and 320 sound good. So so on lesser quality. I am looking forward to spending more time tonight, and will continue to update this.post #4938 of 552210/23/13 at 10:25amQuote:Originally Posted by subguy812
I only had a couple of hours listening last night and I will say I am impressed with this pairing. The W4R's opened up and never sounded better. FLAC files sound great and 320 sound good. So so on lesser quality. I am looking forward to spending more time tonight, and will continue to update this.
Obviously its about preference but i ONLY listen to Flac or Lossless Files. i feel the westone are pretty reveiling, and when using lower quaility audio sound quality suffers too much imopost #4939 of 552210/23/13 at 2:11pmQuote:
I agree and it is more aparent with the Fiio X3. I wish it wasn't such an undertaking to replace the rest of my collection.post #4940 of 552210/23/13 at 2:41pmThe X3 is all I need for portable use. I'm sure some people will think otherwise but at the end of the day I have a Burson Conductor and some good full sized headphones for my reference system. I doubt whether adding an amp to the Fiio would make that much difference anyway as the X3 on high gain is more than ample. They sound great.post #4941 of 552210/23/13 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tony1110
The X3 is all I need for portable use. I'm sure some people will think otherwise but at the end of the day I have a Burson Conductor and some good full sized headphones for my reference system. I doubt whether adding an amp to the Fiio would make that much difference anyway as the X3 on high gain is more than ample. They sound great.
You prefer high gain over normal? Why? I just got my X3 yesterday so I haven't really listened on high gain yet?post #4942 of 552210/23/13 at 3:13pmpost #4943 of 552210/23/13 at 10:58pmJust got some W4s yesterday and with the Fiio X3 they sound heavenly.
Almost as good as my HD800 with the Crack.
Those are my first IEMs and I am pleasantly surprised.
What would be a natural upgrade for the W4......the addiction is starting to kick in again!!!post #4944 of 552210/23/13 at 11:02pmQuote:
I've got the W4Rs, and heard the HD800 on multiple occasions, and I think you might be on that crack you mentionedpost #4945 of 552210/23/13 at 11:06pmI prefer coffee.....!
It must be the New Toy Syndrome but they ARE really good out of the X3 or right now put of the WA6.
HD800 of course still beats them.....,I think?!post #4946 of 552210/23/13 at 11:06pmpost #4947 of 552210/24/13 at 3:21amQuote:
Is there a lot of advantage to put to high gain ?post #4948 of 552210/24/13 at 3:53ampost #4949 of 552210/24/13 at 10:13ampost #4950 of 552210/24/13 at 10:18amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › New member roll call 13 seconds ago
- › Audio GD Reference 5 coming soon 36 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 36 seconds ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 39 seconds ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 42 seconds ago
- › what's more important, a good DAC or a Good Amp? 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by waynes world
- › HiFiMAN HE-1000 by Blackrain
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2