- 2,588 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First off, these were supplied to me for review by Pandora at Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased opinion, my thanks to them for their trust in me to do this. Here is a link to them on Amazon...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 330post #4936 of 552210/22/13 at 6:45pmIt's called the jh13 or jh16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4937 of 552210/23/13 at 9:03am
I only had a couple of hours listening last night and I will say I am impressed with this pairing. The W4R's opened up and never sounded better. FLAC files sound great and 320 sound good. So so on lesser quality. I am looking forward to spending more time tonight, and will continue to update this.post #4938 of 552210/23/13 at 10:25amQuote:Originally Posted by subguy812
I only had a couple of hours listening last night and I will say I am impressed with this pairing. The W4R's opened up and never sounded better. FLAC files sound great and 320 sound good. So so on lesser quality. I am looking forward to spending more time tonight, and will continue to update this.
Obviously its about preference but i ONLY listen to Flac or Lossless Files. i feel the westone are pretty reveiling, and when using lower quaility audio sound quality suffers too much imopost #4939 of 552210/23/13 at 2:11pmQuote:
I agree and it is more aparent with the Fiio X3. I wish it wasn't such an undertaking to replace the rest of my collection.post #4940 of 552210/23/13 at 2:41pmThe X3 is all I need for portable use. I'm sure some people will think otherwise but at the end of the day I have a Burson Conductor and some good full sized headphones for my reference system. I doubt whether adding an amp to the Fiio would make that much difference anyway as the X3 on high gain is more than ample. They sound great.post #4941 of 552210/23/13 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tony1110
The X3 is all I need for portable use. I'm sure some people will think otherwise but at the end of the day I have a Burson Conductor and some good full sized headphones for my reference system. I doubt whether adding an amp to the Fiio would make that much difference anyway as the X3 on high gain is more than ample. They sound great.
You prefer high gain over normal? Why? I just got my X3 yesterday so I haven't really listened on high gain yet?post #4942 of 552210/23/13 at 3:13pmpost #4943 of 552210/23/13 at 10:58pmJust got some W4s yesterday and with the Fiio X3 they sound heavenly.
Almost as good as my HD800 with the Crack.
Those are my first IEMs and I am pleasantly surprised.
What would be a natural upgrade for the W4......the addiction is starting to kick in again!!!post #4944 of 552210/23/13 at 11:02pmQuote:
I've got the W4Rs, and heard the HD800 on multiple occasions, and I think you might be on that crack you mentionedpost #4945 of 552210/23/13 at 11:06pmI prefer coffee.....!
It must be the New Toy Syndrome but they ARE really good out of the X3 or right now put of the WA6.
HD800 of course still beats them.....,I think?!post #4946 of 552210/23/13 at 11:06pmpost #4947 of 552210/24/13 at 3:21amQuote:
Is there a lot of advantage to put to high gain ?post #4948 of 552210/24/13 at 3:53ampost #4949 of 552210/24/13 at 10:13ampost #4950 of 552210/24/13 at 10:18amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 14 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 56 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › HD650's 5 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by dragon2knight
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2