- 2,588 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
***This is a tl;dr: review. please refer to other reviews for a more in-depth analysis on their amazing sound.*** For $100, you simply won't be getting anything better sound-wise than these cans,...
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample.I was supposed to keep it...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 330post #4936 of 551810/22/13 at 6:45pmIt's called the jh13 or jh16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4937 of 551810/23/13 at 9:03am
I only had a couple of hours listening last night and I will say I am impressed with this pairing. The W4R's opened up and never sounded better. FLAC files sound great and 320 sound good. So so on lesser quality. I am looking forward to spending more time tonight, and will continue to update this.post #4938 of 551810/23/13 at 10:25amQuote:Originally Posted by subguy812
I only had a couple of hours listening last night and I will say I am impressed with this pairing. The W4R's opened up and never sounded better. FLAC files sound great and 320 sound good. So so on lesser quality. I am looking forward to spending more time tonight, and will continue to update this.
Obviously its about preference but i ONLY listen to Flac or Lossless Files. i feel the westone are pretty reveiling, and when using lower quaility audio sound quality suffers too much imopost #4939 of 551810/23/13 at 2:11pmQuote:
I agree and it is more aparent with the Fiio X3. I wish it wasn't such an undertaking to replace the rest of my collection.post #4940 of 551810/23/13 at 2:41pmThe X3 is all I need for portable use. I'm sure some people will think otherwise but at the end of the day I have a Burson Conductor and some good full sized headphones for my reference system. I doubt whether adding an amp to the Fiio would make that much difference anyway as the X3 on high gain is more than ample. They sound great.post #4941 of 551810/23/13 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tony1110
The X3 is all I need for portable use. I'm sure some people will think otherwise but at the end of the day I have a Burson Conductor and some good full sized headphones for my reference system. I doubt whether adding an amp to the Fiio would make that much difference anyway as the X3 on high gain is more than ample. They sound great.
You prefer high gain over normal? Why? I just got my X3 yesterday so I haven't really listened on high gain yet?post #4942 of 551810/23/13 at 3:13pmpost #4943 of 551810/23/13 at 10:58pmJust got some W4s yesterday and with the Fiio X3 they sound heavenly.
Almost as good as my HD800 with the Crack.
Those are my first IEMs and I am pleasantly surprised.
What would be a natural upgrade for the W4......the addiction is starting to kick in again!!!post #4944 of 551810/23/13 at 11:02pmQuote:
I've got the W4Rs, and heard the HD800 on multiple occasions, and I think you might be on that crack you mentionedpost #4945 of 551810/23/13 at 11:06pmI prefer coffee.....!
It must be the New Toy Syndrome but they ARE really good out of the X3 or right now put of the WA6.
HD800 of course still beats them.....,I think?!post #4946 of 551810/23/13 at 11:06pmpost #4947 of 551810/24/13 at 3:21amQuote:
Is there a lot of advantage to put to high gain ?post #4948 of 551810/24/13 at 3:53ampost #4949 of 551810/24/13 at 10:13ampost #4950 of 551810/24/13 at 10:18amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 1 minute ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Rumours and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 is a coming - internal discussions 9 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PX-100 II alternatives? I need something more airy 17 minutes ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 17 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)