- 2,588 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 330post #4936 of 556310/22/13 at 6:45pmIt's called the jh13 or jh16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4937 of 556310/23/13 at 9:03am
I only had a couple of hours listening last night and I will say I am impressed with this pairing. The W4R's opened up and never sounded better. FLAC files sound great and 320 sound good. So so on lesser quality. I am looking forward to spending more time tonight, and will continue to update this.post #4938 of 556310/23/13 at 10:25amQuote:Originally Posted by subguy812
I only had a couple of hours listening last night and I will say I am impressed with this pairing. The W4R's opened up and never sounded better. FLAC files sound great and 320 sound good. So so on lesser quality. I am looking forward to spending more time tonight, and will continue to update this.
Obviously its about preference but i ONLY listen to Flac or Lossless Files. i feel the westone are pretty reveiling, and when using lower quaility audio sound quality suffers too much imopost #4939 of 556310/23/13 at 2:11pmQuote:
I agree and it is more aparent with the Fiio X3. I wish it wasn't such an undertaking to replace the rest of my collection.post #4940 of 556310/23/13 at 2:41pmThe X3 is all I need for portable use. I'm sure some people will think otherwise but at the end of the day I have a Burson Conductor and some good full sized headphones for my reference system. I doubt whether adding an amp to the Fiio would make that much difference anyway as the X3 on high gain is more than ample. They sound great.post #4941 of 556310/23/13 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tony1110
The X3 is all I need for portable use. I'm sure some people will think otherwise but at the end of the day I have a Burson Conductor and some good full sized headphones for my reference system. I doubt whether adding an amp to the Fiio would make that much difference anyway as the X3 on high gain is more than ample. They sound great.
You prefer high gain over normal? Why? I just got my X3 yesterday so I haven't really listened on high gain yet?post #4942 of 556310/23/13 at 3:13pmpost #4943 of 556310/23/13 at 10:58pmJust got some W4s yesterday and with the Fiio X3 they sound heavenly.
Almost as good as my HD800 with the Crack.
Those are my first IEMs and I am pleasantly surprised.
What would be a natural upgrade for the W4......the addiction is starting to kick in again!!!post #4944 of 556310/23/13 at 11:02pmQuote:
I've got the W4Rs, and heard the HD800 on multiple occasions, and I think you might be on that crack you mentionedpost #4945 of 556310/23/13 at 11:06pmI prefer coffee.....!
It must be the New Toy Syndrome but they ARE really good out of the X3 or right now put of the WA6.
HD800 of course still beats them.....,I think?!post #4946 of 556310/23/13 at 11:06pmpost #4947 of 556310/24/13 at 3:21amQuote:
Is there a lot of advantage to put to high gain ?post #4948 of 556310/24/13 at 3:53ampost #4949 of 556310/24/13 at 10:13ampost #4950 of 556310/24/13 at 10:18amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › why does a cheap wired headset that costs 1/10th the price of a... 3 minutes ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 8 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear