Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Grado SR80i Intro Thingy: I was wondering if I should even review the SR80i because Grado's e series cans came out not too long ago and I was thinking noone would heed my review 'cause the...
After being impressed with the value of the MEElectronics M6 Pro, I wanted to take a look at a bassier IEM from the same company. The M-Duo is a dual dynamic driver earphone with a separate...
Equipment Spotify Premium Firestone Audio Fubar 2 DAC Firestone Audio Cute Battery 2 amp Build and comfort I upgraded to these from Audio-Technica ATH-M50s. I very much like the sound...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 306
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4577 of 55049/10/13 at 4:23pmpost #4578 of 55049/10/13 at 10:59pmpost #4579 of 55049/11/13 at 12:42ampost #4580 of 55049/11/13 at 1:12am
Just pulled the trigger, I hope it will serve as a good upgrade to my dying Vsonic GR07's.
BTW they have a name for people like you, enablers! I just murdered my poor wallet.
Edited by Snuggles - 9/11/13 at 1:15ampost #4581 of 55049/11/13 at 6:19amQuote:
Thats a excellent peice point. I hope you like thempost #4582 of 55049/11/13 at 11:32amI have come to find a gripe about the earportz from proguard that one might want to take into consideration. While the larger tips do in some aspects offer greater sound quality being the tapper is larger. The forceful insertion and removal causes the triple flanges to move back on insertion and upon removal move forward. This back and fourth motion causes the flanges to break down over a period of use. ....which basic renders them not unuseable but the flanges come off or dangle thus you pretty much cant use them.
I have moved down to a smaller size, size medium and are trying those out to see if the breakdown still occurs. If it does then I wouldnt no longer recommend the tips as per the price and then have them physically break down. Its just not cost effect.
Which sucks because I really like them but dont want to endorse something that over a short period of time will break down.
I am tempted to see what the grey silicone shures sound like. But again the westones really seem to like a flanged or tappered tip. So still on the edge.
Mayne I just need to go with some silicone um56 although ive heard they could collapse the soundstage and obviously thats not worth it either.....
Still on the fencepost #4583 of 55049/11/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
Enjoy the good investment and choice well made
it is for a long term enjoyment for sure.post #4584 of 55049/11/13 at 4:41pmpost #4585 of 55049/11/13 at 5:03pmpost #4586 of 55049/11/13 at 6:38pmpost #4587 of 55049/11/13 at 6:39pmQuote:
No need. You're good with these. The difference is very subtle.post #4588 of 55049/11/13 at 6:50pmpost #4589 of 55049/11/13 at 7:07pmQuote:
Don't know for sure, but I haven't noticed much difference with burn in. I thought BA's weren't affected like dynamic drivers are.post #4590 of 55049/11/13 at 7:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Grado Fan Club! 29 seconds ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet 5.2.15 Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Help! Choosing Headphones! 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 Denver CO summer meet 6/27 3 minutes ago
- › [WTS]L.K.S. Audio MH-DA002 dual ESS9018 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C10 - Colorfly Is Back! 6 minutes ago
- › PX100-II Review | Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 by 1Infinity
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2