Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 306
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4577 of 55509/10/13 at 4:23pmpost #4578 of 55509/10/13 at 10:59pmpost #4579 of 55509/11/13 at 12:42ampost #4580 of 55509/11/13 at 1:12am
Just pulled the trigger, I hope it will serve as a good upgrade to my dying Vsonic GR07's.
BTW they have a name for people like you, enablers! I just murdered my poor wallet.
Edited by Snuggles - 9/11/13 at 1:15ampost #4581 of 55509/11/13 at 6:19amQuote:
Thats a excellent peice point. I hope you like thempost #4582 of 55509/11/13 at 11:32amI have come to find a gripe about the earportz from proguard that one might want to take into consideration. While the larger tips do in some aspects offer greater sound quality being the tapper is larger. The forceful insertion and removal causes the triple flanges to move back on insertion and upon removal move forward. This back and fourth motion causes the flanges to break down over a period of use. ....which basic renders them not unuseable but the flanges come off or dangle thus you pretty much cant use them.
I have moved down to a smaller size, size medium and are trying those out to see if the breakdown still occurs. If it does then I wouldnt no longer recommend the tips as per the price and then have them physically break down. Its just not cost effect.
Which sucks because I really like them but dont want to endorse something that over a short period of time will break down.
I am tempted to see what the grey silicone shures sound like. But again the westones really seem to like a flanged or tappered tip. So still on the edge.
Mayne I just need to go with some silicone um56 although ive heard they could collapse the soundstage and obviously thats not worth it either.....
Still on the fencepost #4583 of 55509/11/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
Enjoy the good investment and choice well made
it is for a long term enjoyment for sure.post #4584 of 55509/11/13 at 4:41pmpost #4585 of 55509/11/13 at 5:03pmpost #4586 of 55509/11/13 at 6:38pmpost #4587 of 55509/11/13 at 6:39pmQuote:
No need. You're good with these. The difference is very subtle.post #4588 of 55509/11/13 at 6:50pmpost #4589 of 55509/11/13 at 7:07pmQuote:
Don't know for sure, but I haven't noticed much difference with burn in. I thought BA's weren't affected like dynamic drivers are.post #4590 of 55509/11/13 at 7:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 5 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Sunday, December 4, 2016 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 9 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear