Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 306
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4577 of 55639/10/13 at 4:23pmpost #4578 of 55639/10/13 at 10:59pmpost #4579 of 55639/11/13 at 12:42ampost #4580 of 55639/11/13 at 1:12am
Just pulled the trigger, I hope it will serve as a good upgrade to my dying Vsonic GR07's.
BTW they have a name for people like you, enablers! I just murdered my poor wallet.
Edited by Snuggles - 9/11/13 at 1:15ampost #4581 of 55639/11/13 at 6:19amQuote:
Thats a excellent peice point. I hope you like thempost #4582 of 55639/11/13 at 11:32amI have come to find a gripe about the earportz from proguard that one might want to take into consideration. While the larger tips do in some aspects offer greater sound quality being the tapper is larger. The forceful insertion and removal causes the triple flanges to move back on insertion and upon removal move forward. This back and fourth motion causes the flanges to break down over a period of use. ....which basic renders them not unuseable but the flanges come off or dangle thus you pretty much cant use them.
I have moved down to a smaller size, size medium and are trying those out to see if the breakdown still occurs. If it does then I wouldnt no longer recommend the tips as per the price and then have them physically break down. Its just not cost effect.
Which sucks because I really like them but dont want to endorse something that over a short period of time will break down.
I am tempted to see what the grey silicone shures sound like. But again the westones really seem to like a flanged or tappered tip. So still on the edge.
Mayne I just need to go with some silicone um56 although ive heard they could collapse the soundstage and obviously thats not worth it either.....
Still on the fencepost #4583 of 55639/11/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
Enjoy the good investment and choice well made
it is for a long term enjoyment for sure.post #4584 of 55639/11/13 at 4:41pmpost #4585 of 55639/11/13 at 5:03pmpost #4586 of 55639/11/13 at 6:38pmpost #4587 of 55639/11/13 at 6:39pmQuote:
No need. You're good with these. The difference is very subtle.post #4588 of 55639/11/13 at 6:50pmpost #4589 of 55639/11/13 at 7:07pmQuote:
Don't know for sure, but I haven't noticed much difference with burn in. I thought BA's weren't affected like dynamic drivers are.post #4590 of 55639/11/13 at 7:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Stax Thread III 6 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 gen 1 headphones 24 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 31 seconds ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 1 minute ago
- › Which option will sound better? 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear