What is this out of curiosity?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 248post #3706 of 551812/11/12 at 1:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3707 of 551812/11/12 at 2:48pm
HiFiMAN HE-400. They're "only" $400, but they're supposed to be one of the best values out there. From what I can telll, beyond the HE-400 there's too little improvement for the extra cost and preferences begin to play a big part.
The HE-400 blows away my Triple Fi, and I'm looking for an IEM that's as close to it as possible. At least something with more clarity than the Triple Fi.post #3708 of 551812/11/12 at 7:14pmpost #3709 of 551812/11/12 at 7:19pmpost #3710 of 551812/11/12 at 8:24pm
Today I received earsonics SM3 tips and they significantly made my W4s brighter. They also provide better isolation than the stock grey mushrooms since SM3 tips are longer and they extend slightly deeper inside the ear. I think the treble extension has something to do with the large hole opening on the tips. Phonak tips, similiar to SM3 tips, seem to have a large hole openings too.
Edited by aras - 12/11/12 at 8:25pmpost #3711 of 551812/11/12 at 9:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by czqdtc
I have both ES5 and JH13. One with 350 dollars Stefan audio cable, one with 650 dollars TWag v3 cable. Guess what, for listening to music, I prefer my W4r to ES5 in every way and only prefer jh13 for non-vocal.
Es5's vocal is too in ur face, highs are not as extended. Jh13's vocal is too transparent sounding, not enough weight, but better highs and much better bass on JH13 than w4. But as a package, W4 wins.
X2. Have w4r n es5, n always find myself preferring e more extended highs on w4 n overall "clearer" sounding signature. Es5s mids reveal more detail cos of their forwardness, but sadly i cant get used to their "thick" sound. Not to mention better comfort using e w4spost #3712 of 551812/11/12 at 9:12pmpost #3713 of 551812/11/12 at 10:44pm
100ohm adapter is fine, but you will need an amp. I recommend 33ohms because it won't make them that hard to drive. Here is an ebay link to a 33ohm adapter, but Brian at BTG may be able to make one for you for a lower price.post #3714 of 551812/11/12 at 10:46pmQuote:
LOL, I'll test it out. Don't have an amp for my 5G Touch though :( Hopefully it can drive it (I don't listen that loud anyways).post #3715 of 551812/11/12 at 11:02pmQuote:
XD damn, i just put in an order for the starlight cable before reading thispost #3716 of 551812/12/12 at 12:24am
Just get yourself a Sony Z or the new iRiver AK100 and you won't need an adapter. Slightly more expansive options though....post #3717 of 551812/12/12 at 12:29amQuote:
I was considering the Sony F805/806 actually or the cowon Z2 but indecisions...indecisions (actually more than anything i need a DAP for on the go and a DAC at home to complete my setup)post #3718 of 551812/12/12 at 1:49ampost #3719 of 551812/13/12 at 3:35am
I miss my W4R, anyone know roughly how long it takes for 1964 to make molds?
What threw me off completely was the 3 weeks it took for my impressions to get to them (stupid Australia Post, and to think from US to Australia it took thinkgeek 4 days to get me my stuff).
Been (almost) 2 weeks since 1964 sent me the invoice
TBH I've almost completely forgotten what the W4 sounds likepost #3720 of 551812/13/12 at 5:20pm
Because those have an output impedance of 33ohms? Otherwise, I don't see the reasoning.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FS: [UK] Sennheiser HD800 18 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 55 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › How come treble peaks are well above the frequency range of most... 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 4 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 5 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)