What is this out of curiosity?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 248post #3706 of 556812/11/12 at 1:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3707 of 556812/11/12 at 2:48pm
HiFiMAN HE-400. They're "only" $400, but they're supposed to be one of the best values out there. From what I can telll, beyond the HE-400 there's too little improvement for the extra cost and preferences begin to play a big part.
The HE-400 blows away my Triple Fi, and I'm looking for an IEM that's as close to it as possible. At least something with more clarity than the Triple Fi.post #3708 of 556812/11/12 at 7:14pmpost #3709 of 556812/11/12 at 7:19pmpost #3710 of 556812/11/12 at 8:24pm
Today I received earsonics SM3 tips and they significantly made my W4s brighter. They also provide better isolation than the stock grey mushrooms since SM3 tips are longer and they extend slightly deeper inside the ear. I think the treble extension has something to do with the large hole opening on the tips. Phonak tips, similiar to SM3 tips, seem to have a large hole openings too.
Edited by aras - 12/11/12 at 8:25pmpost #3711 of 556812/11/12 at 9:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by czqdtc
I have both ES5 and JH13. One with 350 dollars Stefan audio cable, one with 650 dollars TWag v3 cable. Guess what, for listening to music, I prefer my W4r to ES5 in every way and only prefer jh13 for non-vocal.
Es5's vocal is too in ur face, highs are not as extended. Jh13's vocal is too transparent sounding, not enough weight, but better highs and much better bass on JH13 than w4. But as a package, W4 wins.
X2. Have w4r n es5, n always find myself preferring e more extended highs on w4 n overall "clearer" sounding signature. Es5s mids reveal more detail cos of their forwardness, but sadly i cant get used to their "thick" sound. Not to mention better comfort using e w4spost #3712 of 556812/11/12 at 9:12pmpost #3713 of 556812/11/12 at 10:44pm
100ohm adapter is fine, but you will need an amp. I recommend 33ohms because it won't make them that hard to drive. Here is an ebay link to a 33ohm adapter, but Brian at BTG may be able to make one for you for a lower price.post #3714 of 556812/11/12 at 10:46pmQuote:
LOL, I'll test it out. Don't have an amp for my 5G Touch though :( Hopefully it can drive it (I don't listen that loud anyways).post #3715 of 556812/11/12 at 11:02pmQuote:
XD damn, i just put in an order for the starlight cable before reading thispost #3716 of 556812/12/12 at 12:24am
Just get yourself a Sony Z or the new iRiver AK100 and you won't need an adapter. Slightly more expansive options though....post #3717 of 556812/12/12 at 12:29amQuote:
I was considering the Sony F805/806 actually or the cowon Z2 but indecisions...indecisions (actually more than anything i need a DAP for on the go and a DAC at home to complete my setup)post #3718 of 556812/12/12 at 1:49ampost #3719 of 556812/13/12 at 3:35am
I miss my W4R, anyone know roughly how long it takes for 1964 to make molds?
What threw me off completely was the 3 weeks it took for my impressions to get to them (stupid Australia Post, and to think from US to Australia it took thinkgeek 4 days to get me my stuff).
Been (almost) 2 weeks since 1964 sent me the invoice
TBH I've almost completely forgotten what the W4 sounds likepost #3720 of 556812/13/12 at 5:20pm
Because those have an output impedance of 33ohms? Otherwise, I don't see the reasoning.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 9 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 22 seconds ago
- › Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line,... 26 seconds ago
- › The EU deals thread! 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear