What is this out of curiosity?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 248post #3706 of 552112/11/12 at 1:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3707 of 552112/11/12 at 2:48pm
HiFiMAN HE-400. They're "only" $400, but they're supposed to be one of the best values out there. From what I can telll, beyond the HE-400 there's too little improvement for the extra cost and preferences begin to play a big part.
The HE-400 blows away my Triple Fi, and I'm looking for an IEM that's as close to it as possible. At least something with more clarity than the Triple Fi.post #3708 of 552112/11/12 at 7:14pmpost #3709 of 552112/11/12 at 7:19pmpost #3710 of 552112/11/12 at 8:24pm
Today I received earsonics SM3 tips and they significantly made my W4s brighter. They also provide better isolation than the stock grey mushrooms since SM3 tips are longer and they extend slightly deeper inside the ear. I think the treble extension has something to do with the large hole opening on the tips. Phonak tips, similiar to SM3 tips, seem to have a large hole openings too.
Edited by aras - 12/11/12 at 8:25pmpost #3711 of 552112/11/12 at 9:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by czqdtc
I have both ES5 and JH13. One with 350 dollars Stefan audio cable, one with 650 dollars TWag v3 cable. Guess what, for listening to music, I prefer my W4r to ES5 in every way and only prefer jh13 for non-vocal.
Es5's vocal is too in ur face, highs are not as extended. Jh13's vocal is too transparent sounding, not enough weight, but better highs and much better bass on JH13 than w4. But as a package, W4 wins.
X2. Have w4r n es5, n always find myself preferring e more extended highs on w4 n overall "clearer" sounding signature. Es5s mids reveal more detail cos of their forwardness, but sadly i cant get used to their "thick" sound. Not to mention better comfort using e w4spost #3712 of 552112/11/12 at 9:12pmpost #3713 of 552112/11/12 at 10:44pm
100ohm adapter is fine, but you will need an amp. I recommend 33ohms because it won't make them that hard to drive. Here is an ebay link to a 33ohm adapter, but Brian at BTG may be able to make one for you for a lower price.post #3714 of 552112/11/12 at 10:46pmQuote:
LOL, I'll test it out. Don't have an amp for my 5G Touch though :( Hopefully it can drive it (I don't listen that loud anyways).post #3715 of 552112/11/12 at 11:02pmQuote:
XD damn, i just put in an order for the starlight cable before reading thispost #3716 of 552112/12/12 at 12:24am
Just get yourself a Sony Z or the new iRiver AK100 and you won't need an adapter. Slightly more expansive options though....post #3717 of 552112/12/12 at 12:29amQuote:
I was considering the Sony F805/806 actually or the cowon Z2 but indecisions...indecisions (actually more than anything i need a DAP for on the go and a DAC at home to complete my setup)post #3718 of 552112/12/12 at 1:49ampost #3719 of 552112/13/12 at 3:35am
I miss my W4R, anyone know roughly how long it takes for 1964 to make molds?
What threw me off completely was the 3 weeks it took for my impressions to get to them (stupid Australia Post, and to think from US to Australia it took thinkgeek 4 days to get me my stuff).
Been (almost) 2 weeks since 1964 sent me the invoice
TBH I've almost completely forgotten what the W4 sounds likepost #3720 of 552112/13/12 at 5:20pm
Because those have an output impedance of 33ohms? Otherwise, I don't see the reasoning.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Kennerton ODIN : the revelation 14 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Edition 54 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Rolls RA63a recent buyer and in used condition. So NO manual to use... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from HD 598 to ? on Fiio X1 + E11K setup 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Rumours and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3