Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour .Thank you for the opportunity Micah and the RHA Team. Selflessly our Tour Organiser , @glassmonkey gave me the chance to unwrap this...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 231post #3451 of 555010/29/12 at 5:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3452 of 555010/29/12 at 5:31pmpost #3453 of 555010/29/12 at 6:26pmpost #3454 of 555010/30/12 at 7:18pm
Plug! If you like the W4, the ACS silicone sleeves are really worth it.
They really bring out the sound and help round out the bass as well.
For most sources/ease of use I actually prefer the W4 with ACS sleeves over my JH16...
post #3455 of 555010/30/12 at 7:52pm
Hey guys, just poppin' in to say my W4 is up for grabs. Stellar stuff, sad to see them go. Saving up for a big rig, and these are the hardest to let go of.post #3456 of 555010/31/12 at 3:15ampost #3457 of 555010/31/12 at 5:36ampost #3458 of 555010/31/12 at 8:46amQuote:
From the Westone website, the the W4r is described as having 'Acoustic Symmetry +/- 2dB acoustically matched earpieces.' The W4 doesn't have that description.post #3459 of 555010/31/12 at 11:07ampost #3460 of 555010/31/12 at 1:22pmQuote:
Is this only a marketing trick or ?post #3461 of 555010/31/12 at 2:30pm
There is no difference except from the cable and the connector, I have owned both. However, having TWag v2 cables on the w4r makes a huge difference even straight out of an iPod. Highly recommended.post #3462 of 555010/31/12 at 3:38pmpost #3463 of 555010/31/12 at 3:45pm
To my ears it made the upgrade worth every penny, like lifting off a vail, much more space and detail. I know people will never agree on this subject, but my experience on this has really turned me into a beliver of silver. So on your last question a no without any hesitation from me. Please do not belive my words, check it out yourself!post #3464 of 555010/31/12 at 3:58pmQuote:
I personally don't have aything against people who are "believers" in nicer cables. I recabled a pair of my headphones myself just for fun and I felt I noticed a difference for the better.
I just don't like to see people saying it makes a "huge difference" because it does not. Lots of things can make a huge difference. Different source, different file, different amp, even changing pads on a set of cans make remarkable changes... but changing the cable is not "huge" or else it would be scientifically shown and measured and the discussion would have been long over.
But if it improves it to you, I believe it and honestly I really want to hear it for myself one of these days. However there are a lot of upgrades one could and should try that will affect the sound a lot more than switching the wires.post #3465 of 555010/31/12 at 6:44pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 49 seconds ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 4 minutes ago
- › VOX: Mac OSX Music Player 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 - cutting out issues 5 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear