Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 231post #3451 of 550010/29/12 at 5:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3452 of 550010/29/12 at 5:31pmpost #3453 of 550010/29/12 at 6:26pmpost #3454 of 550010/30/12 at 7:18pm
Plug! If you like the W4, the ACS silicone sleeves are really worth it.
They really bring out the sound and help round out the bass as well.
For most sources/ease of use I actually prefer the W4 with ACS sleeves over my JH16...
post #3455 of 550010/30/12 at 7:52pm
Hey guys, just poppin' in to say my W4 is up for grabs. Stellar stuff, sad to see them go. Saving up for a big rig, and these are the hardest to let go of.post #3456 of 550010/31/12 at 3:15ampost #3457 of 550010/31/12 at 5:36ampost #3458 of 550010/31/12 at 8:46amQuote:
From the Westone website, the the W4r is described as having 'Acoustic Symmetry +/- 2dB acoustically matched earpieces.' The W4 doesn't have that description.post #3459 of 550010/31/12 at 11:07ampost #3460 of 550010/31/12 at 1:22pmQuote:
Is this only a marketing trick or ?post #3461 of 550010/31/12 at 2:30pm
There is no difference except from the cable and the connector, I have owned both. However, having TWag v2 cables on the w4r makes a huge difference even straight out of an iPod. Highly recommended.post #3462 of 550010/31/12 at 3:38pmpost #3463 of 550010/31/12 at 3:45pm
To my ears it made the upgrade worth every penny, like lifting off a vail, much more space and detail. I know people will never agree on this subject, but my experience on this has really turned me into a beliver of silver. So on your last question a no without any hesitation from me. Please do not belive my words, check it out yourself!post #3464 of 550010/31/12 at 3:58pmQuote:
I personally don't have aything against people who are "believers" in nicer cables. I recabled a pair of my headphones myself just for fun and I felt I noticed a difference for the better.
I just don't like to see people saying it makes a "huge difference" because it does not. Lots of things can make a huge difference. Different source, different file, different amp, even changing pads on a set of cans make remarkable changes... but changing the cable is not "huge" or else it would be scientifically shown and measured and the discussion would have been long over.
But if it improves it to you, I believe it and honestly I really want to hear it for myself one of these days. However there are a lot of upgrades one could and should try that will affect the sound a lot more than switching the wires.post #3465 of 550010/31/12 at 6:44pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 20 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 52 seconds ago
- › New in the Headphone World Looking for an Amp 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 1 minute ago
- › B.M.C. PureDAC - Digital to Analog Converter, Balanced Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best amp/dac pairing for Sennheiser HD650. (Unlimited Budget) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3